Emu TSV 4/11/14

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Oh pants! Another whole day of being told I requested the rubbish changes to the boots and got what I wanted. No I blooming didn't Missy! I was very happy with the old style as were thousands of others. It's just an excuse to stop people complaining that they cut production and material costs hugely by using less rubber sole, less fur, less skin, and hiked the prices up about 30%. The reviews on the new style slip on woman's slippers are terrible. Cheap, won't last, and very very thin wool and sole. Shame, Emu were my favourites for years :(

i was on the bus not long ago and there was a woman with the full sheepskin stinger high with all the heel broken down at the back. my sister bought quite a few from qvc all the backs collapsing last years offerings. i dont buy emus anymore

It's only to be expected. We end up with loads of Birkenstocks TSVs in the summer and presumably there will be a few EMU TSVS in the winter.

I don't like the Stinger design, but I did like the Charlotte (it was just too expensive).

The QVC TSVs are beginning to resemble IW's Pick of the Day offerings ...... i.e. the same things on repeat mode. Boring, to say the least (in my opinion.)

I'm not a fan of the high EMU boots really (although they don't look too bad on the photo), and I bet they are around the price of the last TSV (the Charlotte) too.

Seems very soon after the last one. Q outlet store is best place to get them at a fraction of the cost or bear laws in TK!

I have got a pair of emu's but I would not buy another pair, I find them very loose and clompy looking. Nice and warm but I only wear them if it is very cold or slippy....

I thought the TSV might be the Jolie slippers, just in time for Christmas. :bandit:

I have a pair of the black tall sheepskin boots from Celtic Sheepskin that I received as a gift from my family in 2003! Still going strong! You can replace the heel on them - that might need doing soon but I reckon I can get another winter out of them! Still over 10 years aint bad!

Who was actually the first company to start the boots? Every company seems to tell you that they were. Celtic Sheepskin say they sold their concept and design to UGG and Emu also say they were the first to have the boots.

I bought the TSV from Skechers, the ankle boots - received yesterday obviously not sheepskin but still look and feel very similar when wearing them.

I saw some Emu boots in TKMaxx, the old style I'm guessing if anyone prefers those. I think they were around £75-80.

Last edited:
i think people dislike ugg for various reasons but imo they are by far the best for quality and fit even though my big toe does escape sometimes on all sheepskin boots from time to time

i think people dislike ugg for various reasons but imo they are by far the best for quality and fit even though my big toe does escape sometimes on all sheepskin boots from time to time

I have a big toe problem too. I read somewhere that it was possible to glue a 5p coin where the big toe is protruding. Might try that in my slipper boots as I have just noticed that big toes are wearing holes in the uppers.

I have a big toe problem too. I read somewhere that it was possible to glue a 5p coin where the big toe is protruding. Might try that in my slipper boots as I have just noticed that big toes are wearing holes in the uppers.

i wonder if its because i have a high instep and a larger than average big toe. its odd not all my ugg boots wear like this. i suspect the toe box varies a bit

Latest posts

Back