I've Just Done The Craziest Thing

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Lynda

Registered Shopper
I've ordered a ring without really seeing it!

Years ago I returned a gorgeous AAA Tanzanite ring to IW as I couldn't afford to keep it and have regretted it ever since. I later saw a similar design from another company but the price was astronomical.

When Rock&Co had loads on their website I saw one very similar for £275ish but then it disappeared along with loads of others and I have been scorching my legs with the lappy for several days and nights waiting to see if it came up for auction.

Just now I spoke to a lovely lady from CS who put me through to an equally lovely one in sales and she went through the lot and seems to have found the one I want :happydance:. It's a huge gamble as there's no way to check via the item number, but I can always send it back if it's wrong, but as least I tried.

I don't usually live this dangerously, but what the hell? It's only money :gasp: :scarper:

I also begged for this channel to come to cable and she was surprised to know we only get one (apart from a few hours of TJC in the morning and I'm a late night watcher) and would pass on my plea to the powers-that-be.

I'll post a pic when it comes.

Oooh how exciting! I hope it is the one you want and you love it when it arrives!

You'll be paying for it with used pound notes I expect!!! :54:

Oooh how exciting! I hope it is the one you want and you love it when it arrives!

You'll be paying for it with used pound notes I expect!!! :54:

I like to think of it as doing my bit for recycling ;) :whistle:

When I first read the title Lynda, for a moment there I thought you'd bought it from an ebay seller!:11:

Fingers crossed it's everything you hoped for. The prices on the Tanzys seem to be good on Rocks atm. A 2 ct Tanzy and diamond ring last night went for a really low price.

Can you give any details please; i.e. carat weight, design, diamonds, while we're waiting for the pic. ('Scuse me for being so :55:)

Lynda well done you.I hope you absolutely love it when it arrives. Can't wait to see pics.

When I first read the title Lynda, for a moment there I thought you'd bought it from an ebay seller!:11:

Fingers crossed it's everything you hoped for. The prices on the Tanzys seem to be good on Rocks atm. A 2 ct Tanzy and diamond ring last night went for a really low price.

Can you give any details please; i.e. carat weight, design, diamonds, while we're waiting for the pic. ('Scuse me for being so :55:)

I'm never going to live that down am I? :blush:

It's, if I remember correctly, AAA Tanzanite, under a carat set in a 'cigar band' shape with a diamond in an offset square either side with smaller ones carrying on either side. The stones are in a sort of filigree setting, well you can see through it in bits, in white gold, but the edges and band are yellow gold. I can't remember if there are stones along the top and bottom, but don't care really.

Hang on a sec....

This is a similar design but but the rocks one is yellow as well as white gold, look at the price :gasp:!!!!

http://www.finejewelleryonline.com/details.php?id=R160218

While I'd love the one in the link, the price is out of my league these days :sorry:

:WOW: Lynda, that design is so pretty, hope it's everything and more when it comes. Can't wait to see a piccie. I haven't bought yet, but the quality of their pieces really shine through on the screen, and I can feel temptation slowly eroding my resolve!!

:doggie:

Oh Lynda, I hope it's the one for you! If my tanzy is anything to go by, it should be stunning. I still can't quite get over the price I paid for it every time I look at it. I've always wished I had been aware of tanzanite before it became so popular and the prices rose dramatically. The Rocksandco prices are really low at the moment and it's the perfect time to buy if you've always wanted a reasonably sized piece, so well done you for taking the risk.

Oooh Lynda. It sounds lovely and very feminine. It should have buckets of sparkle with all those diamonds.

I think you deserve a treat hon after the fiasco of the 'diamond' earrings. I can't wait to see a pic too when you get it home. You must be really chuffed.

As our little helper pointed the way :thanks:, I found out the item # of 'my' ring to look up in their Historic Search and it really is the one I want :whoohoo: I think the sales lady was called Cherie (?) She did a fantastic job of finding it :clap: from my lousy verbal description :blush:

I can't wait to receive it, but it's only being picked and sent about now as they have had some problems in dispatch and I should get it next week, I can't say I'm not disappointed but at least it won't arrive tomorrow when Dave's home :hide:

TanzyRing.jpg

TanzyRing2.jpg

Wow Lynda, it looks stunning - the colour of the Tanzy looks like a real Cadbury's purple, doesn't it? A real dress up party ring, especially with the Christmas season looming. I can't wait to see a picture of it irl when you get it home.

It's a pity we don't know the day on which our deliveries are going to arrive though - then we could make sure our OHs are out of the way! :D

Wowzer that's a ring and a half, Lynda!!
3_3_11v.gif

Well done you and well done the person who found it for you.

Hope you love it when it arrives

..... and sooo much nicer than a pair of diamond stud earrings!
sofa.gif
Sorry couldn't resist ... last time I promise!

Excellent choice Lynda

Oh yummmmeee Lynda.....and again...... yummmmeeee

I saw your ring on the website and took an immediate liking to it. The design is so intricate and so pretty, it will look gorgeous on. Please, please post some photos when you get it home and hopefully that will be very soon.

Thanks everyone, I'll be on pins 'til it gets here! :hyper:

As for you Fluff... :hump: ;)

Actually you really made me genuinely laugh out loud :rofl:

Wow Lynda what a stunning ring. I hope when you receive it you absolutely love it! Well done you :Thumbsup:

Latest posts

Back