Diamond Advice Needed...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I like the design, but I fear with approx 25 stones on each earring, they are about 0.5 of a point each - which is really, really tiny. I doubt you'd get any light off them as the table of the stone (the flat bit at the top) will be miniscule. There will be no depth to the stones either - so no colours will be seen.

In view of that, I wouldn't - not at that price. You need stones of at least 1 point each to be able to get any flashes of light. These will just look like bright gold (and should be maybe £40 for just gold)

Hope that helps?

Baguette cut stones are my favourite and I like the look of them. I often find that baguette cut diamonds have a bit more 'life' than round or brilliant cut when they're small, so they might be okay.
The reviews look quite good as well.

All diamonds are natural and are therefore all different (as opposed to QVC's CZ pastiche 'diamonique').

Diamonds are graded by the amount of light they reflect as well as the '4 C's' which are:

Colour, Cut, Carat weight and Clarity. As a general rule of thumb go for a single stone of the best grade possible for your budget.

Also, if buying in a shop compare as many of the same product you can, to see which one catches your fancy because they all may be slightly different in the 4 'C's' comparison.

Hope I'm not teaching egg sucking and enjoy your final purchase.

Last edited:
I'd say that if they have captured your heart then there's your answer. If you wanted the rose gold then finding an alternative may not be easy. Its just not as readily available on the High Street.

I, personally, love pieces with smaller diamonds. If they're good quality you can get so much life and sparkle from them.

My advice would be if you want them and you can afford them then buy them. If you love them in real life ... treat yourself but if you're really not sure send em back.

try them out and see what family friends think. i like them. take them to a jeweller if you know an honest one ask thier opinion

I think it depends if you're looking at it as some kind of investment/heirloom piece or not. Smaller diamonds wouldn't have such good resale value as the equivalent amount in one stone, and as someone said you might not get that much light or sparkle off that size. On the other hand, if you love the design, want them and can afford them, go for it. Resale value isn't everything, if you intend keeping them forever then why should that stop you. Not being the ideal size, cut etc that a jeweller might prefer doesn't mean they might not look lovely and make you feel great.

I really do feel that jewellery should be bought because you love it. Buying as an investment is beyond the pocket of most of us. Jewellery that costs £200 will next to never show a real return in resale value in our lifetime if at all. If it does its a bonus.

Fashion dictates heirloom pieces and there's a difference between what will be valuable and what will actually be worn. These earrings are simple, classic and they could well be beautiful in "the flesh".

QVC, and other shopping channels, talk a lot about values and heirloom pieces but its all about heart for me. Be it a £20 silver bracelet or a £200 pair of earrings I have to love it. I've inherited a lot of jewellery ... I'm the family magpie. Some of it is valuable and some not so. I wear the pieces that I love and often those are the ones I remember the person wearing.

i loved them and placed my order, if i don't love them when they arrive i can send them back :)

Latest posts

Back