Colour Wow

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

sunshine

Registered Shopper
Has anyone used this and is it any good. My future DIL keeps having to go get her roots done and her hair is getting damaged wondered if this was any good Reviews are mixed.

I tried the blond one for highlighting and didn't see it at all on my light brunette hair.

The Roux-Tween doesn't seem to have any blonde colours

From reviews of the other products, it seems that the blonde ones don't really work :-( I am dark brown and this completely covers my grey, but I imagine it's hard to get coverage with blonde hair.

I'm dark brunette and the colour wow covers the almost pure white flashes at my temples really easily. I don't bothered to do my parting as my hair isn't that grey there so its not that noticeable. It does definitely work BUT u would say don't slather it on as they suggest on the presentation. Use enough to cover but don't go mad. And brush your hair through thoroughly or you do end up with it one your fingers if you run your fingers through your hair.

I've been getting grey hairs since I was 21 (9 years) so have tried just about everything to cover them as I'm deeply embarrassed to have them already. Colour Wow covers them well, but it seems to migrate from my hairline onto my face, which is annoying. It means I usually have to do an extra cleanse when using it. If you don't mind that then you'll probably get on with it.

I use the Tweentime too, have done for over a year and I highly recommend it - I do, however, also use the brown so not much help for the blonde question I'm afraid!

I've tried them all got WOW and its ok but not for hairline it looks a bit odd. The best IMHO is Nice N Easy Root touch up, it takes 10 minutes and covers my roots and mine are more white than grey.

I got the Josh Wood colour wand in light brown from M&S and used that last month.
I have to get my colour done every four weeks, even then the roots have started to show so I thought this might help.
It's not bad at all. I squeeze some from the wand into a little tub and pick it up from there with the brush to put on my hair.
It's easy to use, not messy, stays where you put it, even in the rain we had last week
http://www.marksandspencer.com/blending-red-wand-28ml/p/p22360060

Last edited:
I'm brunette and use Ambience dry shampoo powder. It's not perfect as it's not dark enough for me, but it does add a surprising amount of volume and does hide a bit of the roots by blending the colours in. I'd imagine that it would be a lot better for blonde hair. I got mine with a free refill for £4 on sale from Lookfantastic - think it's gone back up now, but always worth a look out. It makes my head feel fresher than any other dry shampoo.

I haven't used any products specifically meant for blending greys but I'm thinking of trying the Josh Wood stuff next.

Have you thought of Bumble & Bumble's dry shampoo? I've used the brunette and it's quite effective, but again, not a great colour match for me and is a bit messy, though I had as good a result with Superdrug's dry shampoo. The Batiste brunette (even the dark) looked powdery on me, don't know if they do a blonde. I think the dry shampoos are only really good for a day to blend roots.

I'm dark brunette and the colour wow covers the almost pure white flashes at my temples really easily. I don't bothered to do my parting as my hair isn't that grey there so its not that noticeable. It does definitely work BUT u would say don't slather it on as they suggest on the presentation. Use enough to cover but don't go mad. And brush your hair through thoroughly or you do end up with it one your fingers if you run your fingers through your hair.

My hair has been completely white under my permanent colour for years. WOW is the best product I have find to blend the parting away, I love it- and unlike the waxy sticks it doesn't make my hair feel dirty.

Tinkerbelle,I have to ask what I am doing wrong at my temples though? If I try to use it there, it just goes on the scalp and looks awful on me, so I've been leaving the area at my facial hairline. Would love some tips please!

I am also completely white from the crown forwards, in between colours I use Nice and Easy non-permanent, doesn't damage the hair and gives almost 100% coverage. I don't even do a full colour that often, maybe two to three times a year. (Seems only to be available from Superdrug though.)

Latest posts

Back