qvc, the school of flowery language

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
We could all be potential QVC presenters !

Just pick an item in your home - ornament, kitchen utensil, a frock, anything, and pick out the features to describe it. Its hilarious !

Me and a mate did this, using all the flowery adjectives and phrases that Q uses, like .......... simply stunning, just see the embossing, the raised detail, the delicate workmanship, you will love...., this feels so soft, etc etc. We didn't get too far before we starting laughing so hard at the stupidity of it. However, its a great Christmas game to do the describing with the item under wraps and everyone has to guess what your talking about !!

I somehow think that, upon the reveal - QVC speak - the guessers would be, like, "you were talking about that?" If we had the Q on and were unable to see the screen, how many of us would know what they were talking about. In fact, even when we can see it, how many know what they are prattling on about?!

Or, how many outings can you get from a Q garment. As we know they all take us from the posh do to a beach cover up when nipping to get refreshments. I, personally, would not buy a Q garment I couldn't multitask with, after all I don't have a minute in my hectic schedule to match my onesie to my Turbie twist.

Best one yet was from KT, that you could wear your Vionic slippers out into the garden to snip a piece of Rosemary to put on your lamb roast! Of course! Couldn't she have just said that they're hard enough to wear outside if you have to pop out briefly?

Best one yet was from KT, that you could wear your Vionic slippers out into the garden to snip a piece of Rosemary to put on your lamb roast! Of course! Couldn't she have just said that they're hard enough to wear outside if you have to pop out briefly?
You can't if you're a Pretentious Prat. :mysmilie_503: Or perhaps it was meant sarcastically and aimed at all the QVC Hyacinth Buckets out there..?

Latest posts

Back