Customer panel

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

MinxyKitten

Registered Shopper
Did anyone hear Linda from Wales on the Perricone show just now? At the end of the call, after Ali asked her for a cake recipe, Linda said "maybe I'll see you in January". Ali hastily said goodbye.

Am I just being suspicious, or do the customer panel get to meet up and be "coached"?!

It's late, I have Q on in the background as I read and maybe I'm reading too much into it! But then again, I wouldn't put anything past them.

maybe its because she is going to the beauty bash being a good spender and all, i must admit she seemed a lot more polished than some of the other panel members

Ah, I didn't realise there was a BB in January! Bet she's already invited! And she's probably one of DBF's FB cronies!!

The famous mysterious customer-panel.

I do know there is a Alison Young Customer Consultation thing going on at some point. You will get a one on one consultation with AY and go to the studio for a live show.

There was a draw to pick out who would go, I never entered as I am in Belfast and not flying to London just for a few hours at QVC. If they paid for the flights etc perhaps.

I think most of us who have never been on the customer panel - I have to be fair - are quite cynical when it comes to callers phoning in, to 'big up' the product - they are not exactly going to say how, for example, a vacuum cleaner had terrible suction, was so heavy it would take a weightlifter to move it, and sounded like a tornado! I think the CP is probably treated akin to having a review submitted on the website; they will be told what they can, and cannot, say. Obviously, the CP consists of more participants than come through on the phone; how do they choose who to allow to opine on air? My theory is - and I could be wrong - if you have ever sent an item back, complained, or had any issue with the Q, you will be personal non grata. Not exactly an impartial recommendation, imo. It would be helpful to hear a genuine insight from someone who had either been approached to be on the CP, or had been chosen. Do they have to sign something to say they will not speak about the experience? Do they approach you, or do you register an interest in being a reviewer?

if your a person who has had issues with qvc i doubt they will want you on air. i prefer amazon its very open when it comes to knowing what you are buying regarding thier reviews prices and delivery times. but we all know qvc is the best at everything second only to john lewis

I didn't see or hear this - why would a presenter be asking a (complete stranger?) caller for a cake recipe? I bought a TSV recently and ordered using QCut. The automated voice asked me if I would like the opportunity to be put through to a presenter live on air, which I didn't take up but supposing I had wanted to? I could have said whatever I wanted? In any case, whatever the situation, I don't like the idea of presenters and viewers clearly having some sort of relationship that the rest of us don't have.

if your a person who has had issues with qvc i doubt they will want you on air. i prefer amazon its very open when it comes to knowing what you are buying regarding thier reviews prices and delivery times. but we all know qvc is the best at everything second only to john lewis

Third now ,John Lewis dropped to second.Cant remember who is first.

I didn't see or hear this - why would a presenter be asking a (complete stranger?) caller for a cake recipe? I bought a TSV recently and ordered using QCut. The automated voice asked me if I would like the opportunity to be put through to a presenter live on air, which I didn't take up but supposing I had wanted to? I could have said whatever I wanted? In any case, whatever the situation, I don't like the idea of presenters and viewers clearly having some sort of relationship that the rest of us don't have.

I can't remember how they got onto the subject, but Ali brought up "that famous Welsh cake", then asked her for a recipe. It was a bit of an odd conversation to be honest!

you don't go through directly but are asked what you want to say and even if it is complementary the chances are that they will say the studio aren't taking calls despite the fact that you have been asked to phone in.
I suspect even if you get through there may be a miniscule time delay so they can pull the plug if required.

I believe the transmission is about 5 mins behind real time; it is recorded and replayed so QVC would be able to edit any offensive callers out. Then they can just fill the void with an advert.

I believe the transmission is about 5 mins behind real time; it is recorded and replayed so QVC would be able to edit any offensive callers out. Then they can just fill the void with an advert.

Im not sure they do have as delay , remember Malcolm and Simon with the drunk T caller and Joan rivers swearing several times on air lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sc6_bzcAr-Y

I agree wholeheartedly!

I phoned in once and you do go through a system of questions relating to why you are calling etc. I had been asked a number of times on air by a presenter to call in after talking on her blog and eventually plucked up the courage to do so and can honestly say it wasn't delayed...I was on the phone and OH was in the other room watching the TV and I could hear it faintly in the background.

Latest posts

Back