Isaac Mizrahi TSV 21/10/2014

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I quite like the green but not sure they're really me from that clip. It seems odd that a relatively new brand gets a TSV this close to Christmas yet other established brands rarely if ever get a TSV. I suppose it depends on the brand being able to meet the required stock levels and ability to stand the returns and refunds.

I quite like the green but not sure they're really me from that clip. It seems odd that a relatively new brand gets a TSV this close to Christmas yet other established brands rarely if ever get a TSV. I suppose it depends on the brand being able to meet the required stock levels and ability to stand the returns and refunds.

Think he's been on QVC USA for quite a time so probably does have the stock levels as you say.

They look a bit too structured for me but I'll see the live demo.

Oh, no. I apologise in advance if I offend anyone, but I just find Julian impossible to watch. I think he and Marve have missed their calling: they would be terrific on Play School/Rainbow/Playaway.

As a fledgeling knitwear designer, I like to watch the fashion hours, for the good, the bad, and the ugly (clothing, that is, not guests/hosts). I particularly enjoy hearing the designers talk about their range. Ouida (Ronni Nicole) has just the right mix of taking her work seriously, and 'slightly-loony-designer-lady' for me. But after watching Julian's caffeine-on-steroids presenting style,:)mysmilie_8:) I find I need to go & lie down in a darkened room for a couple of days.

I will have a tough decision to make tomorrow: do I avoid the whole thing, or do I suffer for my art, in the realisation that I may have to go and lie down in a darkened room, for a couple of weeks?

I wonder if I'd cope any better with the sound off???

Quite liked that green colour but trousers hardly ever fit me properly. Don't think I could watch that guest featuring on YouTube for more than 40 seconds before shouting at the telly. He is pretty irritating. Will probably watch the repeat while getting ready for work tomorrow. May be tempted to try.

CC

Isaac Mizrahi Live Elasticated Waist Regular Length Bootcut 24/7 Trouser
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.127330

Isaac Mizrahi Live Elasticated Waist Petite Length Bootcut 24/7 Trouser
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.127331

QVC Price £34.00
Today's Special Value Price £24.96
P&P £3.95

These slim-fit bootcut trousers feature a fully elasticated waistband with ruched detailing at the back, and come in petite length, with four mock pockets and a mock zip fastening. In a classic and flattering design, these pull-on trousers by Isaac Mizrahi Live are the perfect everyday piece, or add heels, an eye-catching top and a clutch for sophisticated style.

Seasonal tones - a choice of four gorgeous colours, including timeless shades of Classic Black and Fudge, and on-trend Smoke Green and Shadow Grey.

High quality trousers - made from 52% cotton, these trousers are easy to care for, with a breathable 24/7 stretch fabric giving the feel of a knit and allowing for movement, whilst giving the look of a refined woven fabric.

Stretch in both directions
Long-lasting recovery for continuous hold
52% cotton, 41% viscose, 7% elastane
Machine washable at 30C

Colour options:

Black
Fudge
Shadow Grey
Smoke Green

Regular size Garment measurements:

Waist:
10: 71cm (28"),
12: 73.6cm (29"),
14: 76cm (30"),
16: 80cm (31.5"),
18: 83.8cm (33"),
20: 88cm (34.8")

Hip:
10: 92.7cm (36.5"),
12: 95cm (37.5"),
14: 97.7cm (38.5"),
16: 101.6cm (40"),
18: 105.4cm (41.5"),
20: 109cm (43")

Inseam (all sizes): 81cm (32")

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.127330

Petite size Garment measurements:

Waist:
10: 71cm (28"),
12: 73.6cm (29"),
14: 76cm (30"),
16: 80cm (31.5"),
18: 83.8cm (33"),
20: 88cm (34.8")

Hip:

10: 92.7cm (36.5"),
12: 95cm (37.5"),
14: 97.7cm (38.5"),
16: 101.6cm (40"),
18: 105.4cm (41.5"),
20: 109cm (43")

Inseam (all sizes): 73.6cm (29")

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.127331

My four main bugbears are, I have to admit, pronunciation, grammar, vocabulary and punctuation, and their correct usage. I may be a little pedantic, but the tsv show being called "Isaac Mizrahi! Live" is a definite misnomer. If it was "live", Mr Mizrahi would be in the studio, presenting and explaining his range. I think we have had a taster of his garb previously but, as this seems to be the main launch of his fashion, the fact that he cannot even be bothered to come over himself, smacks to me of a sycophantic designer who assumes that, because he is popular and a best seller on QVC US, he doesn't need to put any extra effort into being a success in the UK. imo, the consumer in the UK is more savvy than in the US, better informed and it is not as easy to sell to us, without giving us good reason to buy. Because of my size, this range will drown me but, if it was suitable, I would definitely buy it, despite Julian's singing. To be fair, I don't mind him. He is honest enough to say he and Isaac are two different mediums of fashion; he is a stylist, whilst Isaac is a designer. I would just like to add that the designer obviously decides what the piece of clothing will look like, but the men and women who actually manufacture the clothes, spend the long hours sewing the garments perfectly, do not get the credit they so richly deserve.

Wasn't so keen on the look of the green on the models but love the grey however went for black as they will definitely be worn a lot if the fit is good. Maybe if they are a good fit I can buy another colour later hopefully they will be at an introductory price.

Anyone else go for a pair?

Wasn't so keen on the look of the green on the models but love the grey however went for black as they will definitely be worn a lot if the fit is good. Maybe if they are a good fit I can buy another colour later hopefully they will be at an introductory price.

Anyone else go for a pair?

Still making my mind up .They look similar to women with control trousers and they are OK for me.Probably will go for black.

The guest is very irritating though. He loves the camera being on him.....

Not keen on the bootcut style in a jersey fabric, they either look flappy or (on the tall models) half-mast.

Not keen on the bootcut style in a jersey fabric, they either look flappy or (on the tall models) half-mast.

Love bootcut they really suit my long legs but being tall they do really need to be long enough. Agree about them looking half mast on the models but they had put them in petite which is very strange. This was mentioned as I was holding out ordering because of this but the model was 5ft 9in and in petite. Crazy! So I feel confident to order the regular.

Are they really jersey? I thought they were a proper cotton with elastane.

I'm not sure if they're jersey, I only caught a few minutes this morning. I might be selling them short (oh punny!). See as they also have Laura Geller on today they should have booked Funda (sp) for the day. She quite often models for Laura Geller and she's a petite model.

Putting the taller models in the 29" length makes them look like the old series of Star Trek crew- remember the weird calf-length bootcut trousers with boots? Not even James T Kirk could carry off that style.

Latest posts

Back