Silver Shampoo

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

nailprincess

Registered Shopper
I was just wondering if anyone can recommend a silver shampoo either from QVC or the DHS!

I am a brunette but because of the old grey hair, have my hair coloured every 6-8 weeks. However towards the 4-6 week mark my hair starts to go 'brassy' for want of a better word. Last week I asked my hairdresser what I could use to help and she recommended a silver shampoo. I knew this was good for grey or blond hair, but not brunette.

Anyway back to my original question, do you have any recommendations please?

TIA

I was just wondering if anyone can recommend a silver shampoo either from QVC or the DHS!

I am a brunette but because of the old grey hair, have my hair coloured every 6-8 weeks. However towards the 4-6 week mark my hair starts to go 'brassy' for want of a better word. Last week I asked my hairdresser what I could use to help and she recommended a silver shampoo. I knew this was good for grey or blond hair, but not brunette.

Anyway back to my original question, do you have any recommendations please?

TIA

My friend uses the Pro voke shampoo...

http://www.qvcuk.com/Yankee-Candle-...Shine-Shampoo-Weekly-Treatment-150ml_1047911/

and the superdug conditioner...

http://www.superdrug.com/Superdrug/Superdrug-Effects-Cool-Blonde-8-1/p/401021#.VELYYfldUbg

She swears by them :)

I've bought these two from Amazon

Schwarzkopf Bonacure colour cure silver shampoo

And

Touch of silver

My teen son who goes from dark blonde to platinum blonde with a home colour has used these with great success.

Cheaper than anything on QVC I would bet.

I've used all of the above and found them all to be good especially Aveda. At the moment I am using Phillip Kingsley silver shampoo and conditioner bought from M&S with 20% off and gift voucher and I really like it, and may buy again if I can get a good offer somewhere.

All these purple shampoos work well to give a more ash tone to brunettes and, for some reason they help camouflage my roots (my hair is currently about an 8A i.e. a medium- dark ash blonde which is only a shade lighter than my own hair). It's the only time I stray from Wen.

I think I've used every one of these listed above and there's little to choose between them so I'd go with a cheap one. I'm currently using Indola Silver Shampoo which I think I got from www.hairsupermarket.com when they run a Try Me £3 week; it's worth registering with them as they have great prices when they run this and other offers on salon brands. They currently sell a 1.5 litre bottle of the Indola silver for just over £9, postage is £2.95 or free for orders over £50 (I don't work for them honest!). http://www.hairsupermarket.com/p/5611

I have used a variety of Silver shampoos & conditioners but one product I will never ever be without ( & have used it for years) is John Frieda Sheer Blonde Boost Mousse Styling foam.It is (obviously!) a styling mousse & has a hint of lilac.I have to watch it doesn't build up to the level of a blue rinse but it keeps my silver/grey hair with a steel grey effect.I do get many many comments ( complementary!) on my hair colour & I put it down to this product.I stock up big time when Boots do a 3 for 2 offer.

I think Aveda Blue Malva is recommended for silver hair.

OR for individuals (ahem) in a sheer emergency (ahem) when a 'planned' home blonde has delivered brassy orange. aveda combed on ends of hair left overnight, washed out in the morning, hair highlights no longer orange but a nice 8 - 9 tone

Latest posts

Back