Green Seasons.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

louise66

Registered Shopper
I have been vegetarian for over 30 years, so this is obviously not on my shopping list. Each time this guy comes on, he attempts to justify the OTT price, by saying the meat is from the best cows - wrong; the best cows are enjoying life - and is so succulent. All moral issues aside - I realise people will always eat meat, and do not intend to start preaching - £76 for meat? As I said, it is not something I buy and am not familiar, consequently, with the cost. Is £75.92 a reasonably competitive price for 5.3k of meat? It just seems quite expensive to me. My mum, who enjoys meat dishes, has said there is no way she would pay it and, when it comes to food, she does not deprive herself because of cost.

I agree Louise.
They use words implying that the products are Free Range without actually saying 'Free Range' if that makes sense?

I am a meat eater so I have no right to preach at all, but I like to think I'm a responsible meat eater.
For example, I only buy Free Range eggs.

For meat I support my local butcher, who can tell you exactly where his products come from.

As for the price, Green Seasons are very, very expensive IMO and it certainly doesn't look very tasty either.

I've been a 'veggie' for very nearly thirty years too, although I eat fish so would in no way sit in judgement on anyone. I believe it's a personal choice for each of us to make and not something anyone should use to judge anyone else (either side of the carnivorous/herbivorous fence).
But I do have to say that the meat looks good. A friend of mine, who has many years' experience in the butchery business, seems to think so too. It does seem very expensive, but it would compared with a shopping cart full of vegetables, wouldn't it!? I have friends who will happily drive twenty miles to a farm shop to get the very best products that have come from organically-fed animals, that are Freedom Foods and Free Range etc, for their families, and others who just grab what they can from the local supermarket. I suppose what I'm saying is, that it's good that QVC give people that option. And judging by the number of shows they have on, many must do!

sdaly i live in a part of london where there are no butchers so i have to rely on the supermarket. i suspect if you go for the better supermarkets like waitrose you would get excellent quality meat. imo buying from qvc would be convienience more than anything else

you could go a very high restaurant and pay more than that for 1 steak - ok so they do the washing up, but still...

Latest posts

Back