Cost of returning.RM vs Hermes.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Silver Fox

Registered Shopper
I have recently returned 2 expensive items to Q.The first was via Royal Mail & needed the 'signed for service' cost of return £11. The 2nd I have used Hermes taking it to the parcel shop cost £3.95. There is quite a difference in price & the RM item has taken 9 working days to show as returned on my account.I will be tracking the Hermes & see how long that takes to show as returned.I know which service I will be using in future.

I always use Hermes now. I very often put a few items in a bag/box and just pay the one charge! As long as it's under 15 kilos....Cheeky I know, but I've never had a problem. I have paid around £12 to return LG bags in the past through RM!

Also, last week, I decided to look into buying postage online as I was selling some nail polishes. The PO always charge around £2.60 but I meaured and weighed it, double checked it all against the requirements and it only cost 62p!! I sent it off but was worried. However, the buyer received it the next day!

I also remember previously weighing/measuring and checking price online to return a LG bag and the PO insisted it was £5 more. I really do think they have been ripping me off! I used them a lot as it's only a tiny branch within a shop, but I often wonder how they make a profit....maybe it's by over - charging!

Darn I was in the post office today and as I was the only customer chatted to the girls. I had meant to ask about xmas offer on parcel prices as I thought it may may Qvc returns cheaper but DOH forgot. Anyone else heard that the RM are doing cheap parcels up to xmas? Anyone know any details?

I guess their website would be my best bet. Will be back in a mo.

Well so far it looks like they have reduced their prices for small parcels from 20 October, looks like it's permanent not just for christmas.

Instead of increasing the "Small Parcel" size, I wish they'd lowered its price. It's the size of parcel I most often send for bits sold on ebay but it's madness that a single nail polish in a jiffy envelope, sent 2nd class signed for is £3.90.

If you have more than 5 parcels to go back to Q I can recommend Parcel Force Consignment. They take the combined weight of the parcels, they travel together in a sack (so if one arrives they all will), fully trackable, 48hour delivery guaranteed. In fact the more you send the more economical it is; my personal best (or worst depending) was 14 parcels (including some parcels from my QVC mad neighbour Jen) sent for £12. My local little PO is brilliant for advising on the cheapest way to send stuff (I think they know there's a lot of competition out there these days). The refunds usually come through in about a week using this method. The equivalent tracking level Royal Mail service would be Special Delivery which would cost a huge amount for 14 packages.

Can I just add that I don't return this number very often but sometimes it's worth stock-piling a few returns to go together. On the rare occasion I order clothing from Q I might order a couple of sizes knowing I can cancel some or all under DRS and return then cheaply via ParcelForce Consignment which makes it less risky.

I always use Hermes now. I very often put a few items in a bag/box and just pay the one charge! As long as it's under 15 kilos....Cheeky I know, but I've never had a problem. I have paid around £12 to return LG bags in the past through RM!

Also, last week, I decided to look into buying postage online as I was selling some nail polishes. The PO always charge around £2.60 but I meaured and weighed it, double checked it all against the requirements and it only cost 62p!! I sent it off but was worried. However, the buyer received it the next day!

I also remember previously weighing/measuring and checking price online to return a LG bag and the PO insisted it was £5 more. I really do think they have been ripping me off! I used them a lot as it's only a tiny branch within a shop, but I often wonder how they make a profit....maybe it's by over - charging!

Hi. What do you mean by buying postage online?

Latest posts

Back