Electric Radiators. HOW MUCH?!!!!!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

radio_dayz

Registered Shopper
How much would you pay for a couple of electric 1000 watt Radiators, £40, £50? Ideal World have a great deal for you. Good old Bid TV presenter Mikey Mason is selling them now for only £650. That's one for full price, and the second one for half price. Other wattages are available for higher and lower prices. This is of course, what they laughingly call the "Deal Of The Day" :mysmilie_13:

They must think everyone stupid, but of course, these Radiators are special, they have ceramic hearts. Come off it Ideal World, a 1000 watt Radiator is just that, a 1000 watt Radiator, you can never get out more than you put in!!

Someone is laughing all the way to the bank. How do they sleep at night?

I saw a couple of minutes of that show with Mike but I thought I needed to go back to Specsavers to get my glasses changed when I saw the price. However my eyes were obviously not deceiving me. I did like the bit about "just send them back if you don't like them"! Its not exactly a CD from Amazon!

I wonder how many people are going to be conned by this, unfortunately it seems possibly anyone who doesn't understand the laws of physics, as you say you cannot get more out than you put in, the only way to gain heat is with some sort of heat recovery system, again a lot of money but at least it performs .... in the long term. Shame on Ideal World for flogging this, I can only hope that it's out of pure ignorance rather than a deliberate attempt to con money out of those who do not understand.

I have installed electric storage heaters for at least 30years on and off and the price of these is unreal i can't believe they cant be made for a fraction of the price or perhaps they are.

If they had a radiator with a ceramic heart running from a 9 volt PP3 battery, and giving the same numbers, then I would be interested but not on a glorified box of firebricks.

they make great claims about how much heat the plate retains minute after minute ... yes it certainly appears to ... in a nice cosy tv studio with studio lighting etc. i wonder how the heat retention would fare if you put the plate in a very cold room and monitored it minute after minute?

they make great claims about how much heat the plate retains minute after minute ... yes it certainly appears to ... in a nice cosy tv studio with studio lighting etc. i wonder how the heat retention would fare if you put the plate in a very cold room and monitored it minute after minute?

If the heat's in the radiator, then it's not in the room.

This deal is too good to be true. Get 2 for only 3/2 fraction of the actual price. But i should take it in consideration

Latest posts

Back