Liz Earle Botanical Essence

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

MinxyKitten

Registered Shopper
I have just spotted No.15 on easy pay, and it got me thinking about buying for my mum as a xmas gift. Jackie just said that she loved this and used to wear Obsession. As my mum loves strong smells like Obsession, I am hoping this will be suitable. She also likes Chanel No.5 and she used to love Poison!! Does anyone who wears this, or who has smelt it, think this is in the same smell genre?!

What are No.1 and No.100 like? I personally wear Chanel Allure by day and Emporio Armarni Elle at night - are any of these similar? I wouldn't mind trying one, and the 30 day mbg is excellent for this!

Thanks Vienna. I have taken the chance and ordered No.15. I may try and pop into John Lewis to try it myself, before I wrap it up. It sounds lovely, but it's so difficult without actually smelling it!

I like No15, but dont like her other scents at all. No15 reminds me of Opium and i tend to wear it of an evening as it is quite heavy. Not everyone's cup of tea though

I like No15, but dont like her other scents at all. No15 reminds me of Opium and i tend to wear it of an evening as it is quite heavy. Not everyone's cup of tea though

Ah, that sounds right up my mum's street! Not mine though, but I don't like the sound of the other two either. I'm looking forward to having a sniff now, as the reviews are very positive.

I'm a difficult to please perfume wearer (or non-wearer). I really can't wear anything too flowery and most perfumes give me migraines. Liz Earle's No15 is perfect to me quite spicy and warm. I'm not a huge fan of Obsession but I sometimes wear the men's version (quite chocolaty), I like Opium but have never worn it (not sure why..so I might test it next time I'm in a department store).

I've got the No.1 and the No.15. The No.1 is more citrus and to me more of a summer perfume whilst I would agree with Akimbo that the No.15 is warm and to me a winter perfume. I agree it's hard to tell from people's descriptions and opinions do differ, I've seen reviewers say No.15 doesn't last on them but it lasts really well on me. I suppose you've always got the MBG if you need it.

I'm no good at all I'm afraid, because I use all three of the fragrances and I like them all!!!

I've seen reviewers say No.15 doesn't last on them but it lasts really well on me.

Fellow migraine sufferers will know what I mean about folks who are adamant their perfume has evaporated - but a short journey in a lift with them would still give me a bad head. I used to dread working in offices with this type of person; the ones who spray their fragrance again on every trip to the Ladies (also topping up their mascara, blusher and hairspray whether they need it (they don't) or not!)

It reminds me of L'Occitane Ambre. I quite like both of those. But Opium and Obsession are way too strong and heavy for me.

its lovely. i like all her fragances but none of them are unique. this spicy warm treacly slightly floral scent imo is her best one. the second one is a very heavy old fsahioned floral someone said it smelled like an avon perfume. i like ck obsession its a warm amber and i think its a better composition than l'occitane amber which i also wear..

i know everyone thinks liz earles no.1 smells like the famous clarins eau de ..........but i think its like y by ysl or even diorella which is the female version of eau savage something i have also worn. my ex said it smelled like cats pee

Fellow migraine sufferers will know what I mean about folks who are adamant their perfume has evaporated - but a short journey in a lift with them would still give me a bad head. I used to dread working in offices with this type of person; the ones who spray their fragrance again on every trip to the Ladies (also topping up their mascara, blusher and hairspray whether they need it (they don't) or not!)

Somebody I work with had a phase of wearing a really strong coconut fragrance which I could smell in the corridor before I even opened the door to the office. Another girl wears so much perfume I can smell it if she walks past the door of the office. For work I would expect to smell someone's perfume if they are quite close to me but certainly not if they are several yards away.

I think their noses get used to the perfume after about 30 minutes but to the rest of the world it's still announcing their arrival! I have a neighbour who loves her plug in air fresheners and if I call round (usually to drop off a parcel delivered while they're out) I can't stay more than a few minutes it's so over-powering. I wonder whether she's aware of it at all?

I always layer the matching body lotion underneath the perfume or EDT if it is not an overpowering scent. I don't put the lotion on all over, just underneath where I spray the perfume. I do this with my L'Occitane EDT's and the Philosophy TSV I just got. It really lasts for several hours doing it this way. I love buying the gift sets especially in the sales as they work out as great VFM buying this way as the full size EDT is in the box usually.

I`ve never smelled any of the LE perfumes so I can`t comment on them but I think some people wear the wrong perfume in the wrong places if you get my drift. I once worked with someone who was obsessed with Obsession and she wore it day in, day out, Summer and Winter, in a very small enclosed office she shared with 3 other people. It actually made one of her co workers feel quite ill and he regularly had to leave the room.
Perfume should always have a positive effect on the person wearing it and also the people around them IMO and Miss A`s obsession with Obsession might have been great on a romantic night out with her true love nuzzling her neck but it was a killer in an office environment where one poor bloke actually felt nauseous after spending 8 hours a day surrounded by it.

I have been nosing around online and am very tempted to get a bottle of 'real' perfume off Mr MK for xmas. Am looking at Allure, as it's my favourite. I don't know much about fragrance, but I assume that this is stronger than eau de perfume? It says just to dab on inside of elbow, back of neck etc. I fancy having something glamorous and totally luxurious for a change, as I usually choose practical presents!! My mum and dad give me John Lewis gift vouchers every year, so I may get the bath cream and body lotion to layer up with my EDP (but probably not with the perfume?!), as you say Weathergirl.

I`ve never smelled any of the LE perfumes so I can`t comment on them but I think some people wear the wrong perfume in the wrong places if you get my drift. I once worked with someone who was obsessed with Obsession and she wore it day in, day out, Summer and Winter, in a very small enclosed office she shared with 3 other people. It actually made one of her co workers feel quite ill and he regularly had to leave the room.
Perfume should always have a positive effect on the person wearing it and also the people around them IMO and Miss A`s obsession with Obsession might have been great on a romantic night out with her true love nuzzling her neck but it was a killer in an office environment where one poor bloke actually felt nauseous after spending 8 hours a day surrounded by it.

Haha, that so reminds me of my mum!! She thinks more is more when it comes to fragrance unfortunately. The worst was the Poison era - the whole town knew what her favourite perfume was, bless her!! I think she has toned it down a bit now, as she gets older. I don't wear much perfume at all, mainly nights out and formal occasions, but I fancy starting to wear it on a more regular basis. I think she put me and my sisters off, as none of us are regular perfume wearers!

Latest posts

Back