I don't care..............

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
how much they get creative with the name of a show, its still the same old same old that gets pumped out. The Christmas Gift Show today - and there was I 'naively' expecting to see some 'proper' gift items, but oh no, it was Emu boots, Yankee candles, Liz Earle, and a MULTI HEAD EPILATOR (?) amongst other cr..p that I certainly wouldn't be buying as presents for anyone I know.

The Saturday Night Show - does ANYONE really watch that ? again the promo promised yawn yawn Emu boots and the old standby Yankee candles agaaaaaaaain.

So, I shall ignore the trumped up titles of all these 'special' shows, because 'special' they aint !

I agree that they do tend to fill the "gift" shows with tat, but yankee candles do make good gifts, if its the right set. I often give yankee candles to friends/family as you can personalise the fragrance to the recipient as there is usually something that they love (whether food or floral etc...). I'd not buy an epilator as a gift though.

Q are not alone, but one of the worst offenders, in thinking that putting a snowflake or other festive emblem on something makes it a special gift item. Q think just calling a gift makes it into one - grr lazy buggers IMO, they must think we came up the river on a bubble.

Does anyone else think that, apart from the dress being at least a size too small, that the placement of the print on julia's dress is just so wrong. It looks as if her deodorant bleached the colour out under her arms.

Q build up most of their themed days/ hours as though they were going to be fantastic events ,but in reality are selling the same stuff over and over.

Take morning style with Kathy ,a good idea but the styles and fabrics are nearly always the same. Accessories vary a bit depending on what the upcoming TSVs are. It's very predictable. And don't get me started on Back To You with D F....

I tuned in to the Saturday night show ,expecting something different ,it's the same stuff but with two presenters.

I suppose new customers will be drawn in ,but for regulars it's a bit boring.

Maybe they should save some new products for their special themed shows and make them worth tuning in for.

Off subject,the problem with the clocks going back is if you love the extra hour in bed its great but if like me you are an early riser it's not so good and by 4pm I'm ready for bed. It really messes with my body clock ......Oh well I'll take the dog out ,she won't mind..........

Wow, I came here to make a similar post but you've all taken the words right out of my virtual mouth! Boring only just scratches the surface in describing how awful these shows are.

And apologies to those who like them, but, to me, candles are the gift you get when someone couldn't or couldn't be bothered to think of anything else! I get loads every year despite the fact everyone knows they're not my thing. My local charity shop looks more like a church come the new year! I'm sure they're not all mine either.

I`d much prefer a candle gift to a Bayliss and Harding gift set. They`re everywhere !
The only time I`ve ever bought candle gifts have been for people I know love them. My sister adores jar candles and she`d think me wonderful if I gave her one for every birthday and Christmas.
I can take them or leave them, if someone bought me one then I`d use it but if someone bought me a Bayliss and Harding set, it would be in the Age Concern shop by New Year. They seem to have an ongoing year long supply of donated B and H sets ......

If I'm going to a friend for a bite to eat (nothing grand like dinner) I find a small candle in nice packaging is accepted better than a box of chocs. Wine is sometimes a problem if there is any possibility of anyone driving. I usually look for the more expensive ones on offer.

Latest posts

Back