Cancelling an order - if we let you.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

louise66

Registered Shopper
I ordered the babyliss tsv and, when I thought again decided I wanted to cancel it. an hour after placing the order, I rang CS to be told it was being processed and it was too late to cancel. I told him I had done this before, and they usually emailed the warehouse. I was told that, because it was the tsv and they had been sending out thousands since midnight - a load of tosh - they could not do this. If I return it I will get a refund. When I said I would refuse delivery, he advised me not to do this, as the courieirs don't always give a receipt. I replied that, as mine does, I will refuse delivery. QVC are making it so that I have to think once, twice and a third time, before ordering, as it is impossible to cancel, even within 1 hour, a time period which has enabled them to take the money from my card? They must think my elevator doesn't go to the top floor.

I noticed this too a while ago when I was trying to cancel my order online in about an hour after placing it but it was already in process.
I was told in the past by CS that it's a couple of hours since placing my order when I can cancel it but seems that they have "improved" their services since.

I wondered this when I recently ordered a LG bag & then thought better of it.I didn't try to cancel the next day I thought it would be too late, but an hour?I expect things could get in a mess if they had a lot of people cancelling so I think you are right think long & hard before placing an order especially if it s a large/ heavy or expensive item.I will be using Hermes for my 'larger' returns as when I returned LG bag I saved about £8 on returning with Royal Mail.

If it's coming via Hermes courier you shouldn't have a problem refusing delivery (or getting a receipt). I've never refused delivery of a Royal Mail delivery so I'm not sure how easy that would be.

QVC's order system is so out-dated. But I did spend a very virtuous half hour the other day cancelling all the waitlist or advanced orders I could find trawling though my online order history.

I wondered this when I recently ordered a LG bag & then thought better of it.I didn't try to cancel the next day I thought it would be too late, but an hour?I expect things could get in a mess if they had a lot of people cancelling so I think you are right think long & hard before placing an order especially if it s a large/ heavy or expensive item.I will be using Hermes for my 'larger' returns as when I returned LG bag I saved about £8 on returning with Royal Mail.
Apparently, you can't return jewellery by Hermes only by RM because Hermes have a different depot where they offload returns and don't go to jewellery returns depot. It took me two months to get a refund for the two rings I returned by Hermes. Q sent the two letters and I signed them and attached a proof from Hermes website that the parcels were delivered. I think that those rings never reached them in the end. This is not advertised anywhere and found out through "experience".

There's no consistency in it at all, a LG bag I bought recently had the 'cancel order' button available online for a good 24 hours after ordering, yet other times - like above - it's gone within an hour.

There's no consistency in it at all, a LG bag I bought recently had the 'cancel order' button available online for a good 24 hours after ordering, yet other times - like above - it's gone within an hour.
I noticed this as well.

If in doubt, ie now all the time, I put the things in my basket, add any old thing to it before the 30 mins are up, and again if needs be, finally make up my mind and take out all the stuff I don't want and go ahead with anything I want or not as the case may be. A bit of a hassel but no more than fighting with CS or refusing delivery.

I know this may be a bit unfair to people looking for a particular size which I have "booked" but is it any more so than it ending up as a return weeks later?

Mostly immaterial now as I buy very little but will use it tonight for Honora which is one of the few shows I watch and buy from.

I've used the basket trick myself but you need to be careful now because, if you've got something in your basket that is selling out, they'll take it and fill orders with the stock. I had an item in my basket that I was just on the point of buying when my neighbour knocked the door. Came back 10 minutes later to complete my order and the item had gone and was now sold out. I wasn't entirely happy about that but I couldn't be bothered to waste my time on the phone, so I left it. It seems their aim for customer service is to make sure they get as much as possible out of customers but give little back.

Yet they soon mail you to REMIND you of your shopping you have in your basket if you don't press the confirm and pay now button!!

smacks of desperation holding onto your money for weeks because you made an error ordering. hardly good customer services but hey

I refused delivery (after asking advice on here ) of those eco bags ( which were really rubbish ) that had been put on auto delivery (still don`t think it was my mistake as I never use it ) anyway I asked the Hermes lad if I could refuse and he said yes no problem and it must be the quickest refund I`ve ever had I`m sure!! I didn`t ask for a a receipt because I never physically received it but he did amend the electronic device he carries

My Hermes man has no problem with me refusing either. I did ask him once if he still got paid for it but he didn't answer me. I'd feel guilty if he didn't. But then again, he does well out of me without the refusals!

When I tried to cancel my LG bag she went through to the warehouse to try. She came back and said she had left word but it may be too late. If it got sent out to call back and she would arrange a return. I am going to take full advantage of this!

I recently canceled online after about 3 hours. I have never seen the button being available that long before!

I ordered something a while ago and then decided I wanted it in a different colour so rang CS about an hour after I ordered on QCut . She changed my order there and then and the new choice was sent out (and kept.) So ........... presumably my change of mind went through alright because they were still getting my money. They seem to be less than obliging if they think we're removing our money from their coffers by cancelling an order.

My tsv order is still showing as "in process". So why, after a mere 1 hour, was I unable to cancel?

If it's coming via Hermes courier you shouldn't have a problem refusing delivery (or getting a receipt). I've never refused delivery of a Royal Mail delivery so I'm not sure how easy that would be.

QVC's order system is so out-dated. But I did spend a very virtuous half hour the other day cancelling all the waitlist or advanced orders I could find trawling though my online order history.

Thank you for giving me the inspiration to do this - I've just done it too!

It's v liberating! And it just goes to show how often I've placed an order but later come to my senses. I quite often wait to order a TSV until it's on Advanced Orders so I can read the reviews on here or on Q's website and still have time to cancel.

Latest posts

Back