Coat or jacket?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'd say its a jacket.

Most coats on Q are what we used to call three quarter length coats/ jackets. A proper coat to me is one that covers to the knee and fastens up enough to keep out wind and cold.Last year I bought a centigrade knee length feather and down coat and its very warm.

I remember though when I was able to wear very short mini skirts, having a lovely black courderoy mini length coat.i didn't care much about the cold back then.

There was a thread on this a while ago but I can't find it now. It bugs me that they market jackets as coats. A coat should surely cover at least half your thighs? I'm into Land's End coats for this winter - a luxury range at an affordable price for what they are.

When I saw the title of this thread, I immediately thought it was a mickey take of the Welsh...."who's coat is that jacket?"!! Ha ha!

I have a Centigrade jacket which is bordering on a coat! (Slight exaggeration) at 5'2" also. I wish they would offer petite sizing in some styles. It's hard to find properly fitting clothes when your little.

In fact, a woman accosted me in Tesco the other day (I say accosted as she shouted "excuse me" 4 times before I realised she was talking to me!) to ask me where my Earth Spirit Yonker boots came from. She said it was really difficult to find flat, long boots that didn't look like wellies when you're short. It's a good job I'm ok with my height though, otherwise there may have been quite a kerfuffle in Tesco!!!

MK I love the look of those Yonkers boots (I'm 5'0") but the calves would be too tight on me; well actually not too tight because they wouldn't fasten on me!

Back to the thread I'd call it a jacket too, a coat has to reach mid-thigh or longer imho.

The boots are absolutely fab! But you're right, the calves are very snug, and I have what I consider to be a slim-normal sized calf. Shame really.

I agree about the coat thing. Most 'jackets' come closer to that length on me, having a short body and long legs, *sigh* mother nature can be cruel sometimes can't she?! I look silly in long coats, but I buy them nonetheless, and just wear very high heels and skinny jeans (or skirt and tights) to make up the shortfall, haha!

I'd say its a jacket.

Most coats on Q are what we used to call three quarter length coats/ jackets. A proper coat to me is one that covers to the knee and fastens up enough to keep out wind and cold.Last year I bought a centigrade knee length feather and down coat and its very warm.

I remember though when I was able to wear very short mini skirts, having a lovely black courderoy mini length coat.i didn't care much about the cold back then.

I remember having mini, midi and maxi coats. One of the maxis I had was a full lenght PVC coat which I wore with a very short skirt, God but it was cold!

Actually I must have had a thing about PVC as I had 2 short ones as well!

This is so awkward, too much for a jacket, yet too short for a coat, maybe something in between?
Not to mention it makes you look older than you should. Why oh why QVC :confused:

lands end coats are beautiful but a tad expensive. i bought a cream washable all down quilted coat for around £30 in the sale. i adore it. took off the fafft fur round the hood and a nice classic coat fantastic customer service far superior to qvc imao

Latest posts

Back