Lack on info.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Moth

Registered Shopper
I'm getting cheesed off watching fashion shows where they don't tell you enough information about the "pieces" being sold to allow you to make an informed decision. Usually it's a lack of sizing, or actual measurements - saying it ranges from extra small to triple extra large isn't useful. They also rarely tell us what size the model is and what size they are modelling too. I know QVC lose out on orders over it and I'm sure they would save themselves lots returns if they told us all we need to know before we order. Given the cost of returns I'm no longer willing to take a chance on it. I'm not a fan of DF but she is actually rather good at giving sizing, JR is too. DF is quite happy to admit to her true size. It's also pointless having men present ladies fashion IMO. You need to be able to see it tried on and described - Simon Biaga simply told us to ring the call centre. What use is that supposed to be? There are several pieces (another entry for the QVC dictionary) I was interested in but haven't gone for any of them! Ny new resolution is to no longer buy any clothing or footwear from QVC. It's too dodgy and expensive when it goes wrong.

I have noticed they have been putting on the screen more the models height, and size, though not necessary the size they are wearing.
I suspect they have enough sales they don't feel the need to give us more info.

TOTALLY agree. They tend to 'rabbit' on to each other (if there is a guest), and then give the sizes as an afterthought towards the end of the presentation, by which time the colour and size you want has sold out.

I've lost count of the number of times I have told the Operators to forward the 'moan' about giving out the sizes at the beginning. Don't they ever discuss this at their Presenter's meetings ??????

Did I imagine it, but I recall DF saying some time in early Summer that there was to be a big upheaval in sizing on Q, and all would be revealed in September ? - well, I certainly haven't seen any such change, perhaps SCW can throw some light on this.

Don't get me started! This is one if the many reasons I don't watch or buy much anymore.

What the heck is "your usual size" or "not size specific" or "no point in giving chest size as it is a blouson style"

As someone quite neat on the chesticles but I carry my weight on my hips I would like them to give hip measurements for everything as unless it is a very short top it is the hips I need to fit and hope the chest isn't too big.

As for "go up a size or go down a size" just because they either won't stock half sizes or won't make them proper contential sizes bugs the life out if me.

I'm not sure who is the worst culprits, the 5 year old buyers or the total doughball presenters who have very little between the ears.

Its a problem in general for all sorts of different shows, products sell out before the presenters have got round to telling you about the sizing/which colour is which/what a bag looks like inside etc, all because they've been making small talk with the guest about what they had for their tea yesterday.

It's frustrating.

Its a problem in general for all sorts of different shows, products sell out before the presenters have got round to telling you about the sizing/which colour is which/what a bag looks like inside etc, all because they've been making small talk with the guest about what they had for their tea yesterday.

It's frustrating.

I hate it when they just fondle a bag without showing the inside, or what it looks like 'worn'. Some of us buy bags for practical purposes, not just to admire and fondle!! Take note Q!!

And when they do start to show the inside of the bag, some div decides its a better idea to show a still of the bag! So while the presenter is waffling on about this pocket and this zipped compartment - we are all looking at a picture of said bag. Grrrrrr that really gets my goat! :mysmilie_51:

And when they do start to show the inside of the bag, some div decides its a better idea to show a still of the bag! So while the presenter is waffling on about this pocket and this zipped compartment - we are all looking at a picture of said bag. Grrrrrr that really gets my goat! :mysmilie_51:

YES! That is infuriating. Why do they show us a stock image on the screen when the actual bag is there in the studio to be shown??!

I get annoyed when they get too hung up about the pattern of the lining yet don't show you anything about the actual bag, size, closure etc.

Quit telling us we can wear it to XYZ and just show us the darn thing inside and out. If less time was spent on the "and what are we calling this" crap there would be stacks of time to accommodate us all.

I agree with everything said. I for one would like to see very close up shots of the material used in clothing items. At one time on Q the cameras would really zoom in on the fabric and on little details on cuffs etc. Now we only see the model mincing around in the item. This is not good enough to make me buy certain items as I don't want to have the expense of returning. I want to see exactly what I am buying. Presenters should stop gossiping to each other and get on with the job.

Couldn't agree more with everything that has been said...sizing first and foremost. I've lost count of the times I missed something because the sizing hasn't been mentioned early enough.

Fed up of all the jabbering, followed by presenters trying a garment on, then looking at themselves in the monitors. Yesterday on the Mr Max show, Catherine mentioned the sizing on one garment saying that they (Q) measure a garment lying flat, from edge to edge.

I have just ordered an item of clothing from clearance where all sizes and colours were available, checked the sizing and reviews, luckily the lady who reviewed is the same size and said the M was too tight so returned for a L...there was a 6" difference between the M & L according to the online measurements, which I found very strange. Looked at the other items in that range and it was obvious they had put the XL measurement down for the L size...thought 6" was a lot!

They really do need to sort out the issue of sizing, it can't be that difficult, surely :angry:

I agree with everything said. I for one would like to see very close up shots of the material used in clothing items. At one time on Q the cameras would really zoom in on the fabric and on little details on cuffs etc. Now we only see the model mincing around in the item. This is not good enough to make me buy certain items as I don't want to have the expense of returning. I want to see exactly what I am buying. Presenters should stop gossiping to each other and get on with the job.

Oooh the cameras are my pet hate. Whenever a presenter asks for a close up you can bet the cameraman is too slow and the conversation has moved on and we don't get the shot. Or we get a stills picture as someone has already said. I wish the presenters would insist on a close up of an item if they deem the feature they are discussing important enough to warrant it. Jeez it gets my goat! In my case it really does result in lost sales. Returns are too costly to take chances. QVC peeps must be dim or complacent if they don't take the comments made in this thread on board.

I like to know the fabric composition but they gloss over this most times.
QVC are not alone in the inconsistent sizing many high street stores are the same!

I like to know the fabric composition but they gloss over this most times.
QVC are not alone in the inconsistent sizing many high street stores are the same!

I completely agree. I can vary between a 6 and a 14 in Next tops. I kid you not! They are different styles, granted. But, they are the same manufacturer so the sizes should be consistent.

I long for the day again where you can just pick up 'your size' from a rail and know it was going to fit.

Latest posts

Back