Photographs....agghhh!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

merryone

Registered Shopper
I know my main reason for hating having my photograph taken is because I'm horribly unphotogenic, however, I am thoroughly sick of having a camera or iphone shoved in my face at point blank range when I'm trying to enjoying an evening out, it's got a lot worse since social media came about too. If I wanted my ****** photo taken I'd take my own camera and ask someone to take a picture!

Work do's you could be sitting and chatting to someone, eating your meal, dancing or whatever then along comes someone with their camera...come on smile...er no I look even worse when I'm smiling...er do me a favour and don't take my photo....please "No, come on smile - No go away.....come on just one...you moved I'll have to take it again...smile...oh hang on the flash didn't work come back!!!!!! SOD OFF!!!!!!! .....Now I was relaxing with a drink chatting with a friend, moment's now gone as we've all be ordered to bunch together on the dance floor and grin like ninnys.

Can't see the need myself for every little moment in life to be documented by camera....babies, kids growing up, holidays, weddings, make overs totally understand but everything else?
Recently I went to a chinese buffet with just two workmates and one of them still insisted on snapping away like David Bailey all flippin' evening!

The worst one in which I almost came to blows on was this, I was on my teabreak at work and a female colleague was showing me a hallowen app she'd got on her phone. it superimposes random ghoulish images onto the subject's face...white eyes, fangs that kind of thing, she showed me on of herself and I laughed 'cause it looked quite funny, then she said let me do one of you...er no thank you I said...go on go on...er no thank you I said..anyway I've got to go on to the computer to check some emails..she followed me across the room and continued to bug me, then took the ****** awful snap, but unlike all the other ones which covered peoples faces...I got a ****** pair of horns sticking out from my hair, but other than that it was just a typically hideous photograph of myself...she did promise not to put it on facebook which is something!

Am I alone in hating all this obssession which photographing everything?

You are probably in a minority. I like having my photo taken. All these photos will get lost, thrown away at some point and nobody cares anyway.

I know my main reason for hating having my photograph taken is because I'm horribly unphotogenic, however, I am thoroughly sick of having a camera or iphone shoved in my face at point blank range when I'm trying to enjoying an evening out, it's got a lot worse since social media came about too. If I wanted my ****** photo taken I'd take my own camera and ask someone to take a picture! Work do's you could be sitting and chatting to someone, eating your meal, dancing or whatever then along comes someone with their camera...come on smile...er no I look even worse when I'm smiling...er do me a favour and don't take my photo....please "No, come on smile - No go away.....come on just one...you moved I'll have to take it again...smile...oh hang on the flash didn't work come back!!!!!! SOD OFF!!!!!!! .....Now I was relaxing with a drink chatting with a friend, moment's now gone as we've all be ordered to bunch together on the dance floor and grin like ninnys. Can't see the need myself for every little moment in life to be documented by camera....babies, kids growing up, holidays, weddings, make overs totally understand but everything else? Recently I went to a chinese buffet with just two workmates and one of them still insisted on snapping away like David Bailey all flippin' evening! The worst one in which I almost came to blows on was this, I was on my teabreak at work and a female colleague was showing me a hallowen app she'd got on her phone. it superimposes random ghoulish images onto the subject's face...white eyes, fangs that kind of thing, she showed me on of herself and I laughed 'cause it looked quite funny, then she said let me do one of you...er no thank you I said...go on go on...er no thank you I said..anyway I've got to go on to the computer to check some emails..she followed me across the room and continued to bug me, then took the ****** awful snap, but unlike all the other ones which covered peoples faces...I got a ****** pair of horns sticking out from my hair, but other than that it was just a typically hideous photograph of myself...she did promise not to put it on facebook which is something! Am I alone in hating all this obssession which photographing everything?

You are not alone, I don't like it much either. But even if you were the only person in the world who doesn't like it (and you are not by any means), people need to represent your wishes and not take your picture.

PJ

You're not on your own merryone..I absolutely HATE having my pic taken..God help me if the day comes when DD gets married as I won't be able to hide at the back then!

Latest posts

Back