Finally had enough!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

cheesecake

Registered Shopper
I've just submitted a complaint to the ASA about the Ipad hour now on (5pm). I have finally had enough of Ideal with their obfuscation and half finished inferences. Dennice, a couple of minutes past the hour, clearly stated about the 16GB version that you could "store loads of films and all your photo's". I am so sick to the back teeth of these people getting away with talking absolute rubbish, making in-substantiated claims and the like, to squeeze every last penny out of customers.

I shall be asking them next about Linda Lusardi and her Ultratherapy which I never heard mention of the whole day she was on with her POTD............

Hateful hateful channel.

Good on you Cheesecake.

The presenter mentioned really made me sick yesterday, (Now before I mention this sorry if anyone is offended but i'm only giving my opinion on what I hear) BUT why do we need to constantly hear about her daughter? Honestly I think its sad under the circumstances................Anyone who has watched IW more than once will know what I am getting at!

Sell sell sell by all means but to pull at peoples emotional heart strings to me is simply sad. I know for a fact some IW customers are lonely sitting at home all day alone fed up no one to talk to etc etc and IW want to be this type of persons friend for all the wrong reasons in my opinion, I may well be wrong but after all this should be no pressure buy if you like non serious selling channel.

Example of above when selling an Ipad, "you could tell someone a loved one has died in a more personal way, face to face" ...................Really do we need to scrap the barrel this much to sell an item? an Ipad can do much more than this example, why not mention them?

On the point of ipads there must be a heck of a lot of them needing refurbished,as far as Dennice is concerned the less said the better.

Funny isn't it, Shaun said they are going like hot cakes; apparently not seeing as they are on every day at least twice :p Totally agree about Dennice, she makes me feel physically sick the way she uses her daughter's disability every single time she can, even just to see something coloured purple for goodness sakes, but today mentioning the deaths and the face to face.........
Some of the instances and examples she has used about Laura made me so angry, I only hope that Laura doesn't watch :(

To be honest, you can store lots of films and photo's as long as you don't want HD films. You might not have much room for other items though. Plus you can back up stuff.

It's not much different from other shopping channels. They are not lying but being economical with it's deficiencies.

Totally agree about Dennice, she makes me feel physically sick the way she uses her daughter's disability every single time she can, even just to see something coloured purple for goodness sakes, but today mentioning the deaths and the face to face.........
Some of the instances and examples she has used about Laura made me so angry, I only hope that Laura doesn't watch :(

Totally agree with you - that loathsome woman is the worst out there. I don't know how she sleeps soundly at night. Maybe when she tucks Laura in at night (like that happens) she murmurs gently to her 'thanks to your 'specialness', mummy made lots more money than she would otherwise have done today'. Vile creature.

The Ipads are also cheaper on the Apple outlet , so why would you buy from IW

Yesterday Paul Becque selling that blender said "I really want you to buy this". Of course you do, you're probably on commission! Oh sorry, you are probably so caring thinking about our health. What a cynical person I am, how could I think bad thoughts about them...

Yesterday Paul Becque selling that blender said "I really want you to buy this". Of course you do, you're probably on commission! Oh sorry, you are probably so caring thinking about our health. What a cynical person I am, how could I think bad thoughts about them...

Now now Mutters - reign the neck in a little. Not all of them are shysters - some are worse than others, and some are down right avarage! :mysmilie_14:

Quite amusing Paul Becque on with Janice and the ipad sitting there looking like he had never seen one before, what is this i cloud Janice i don't know about this, jesus they really must think we are all thick,well most of us anyway.:mysmilie_14:

Now now Mutters - reign the neck in a little. Not all of them are shysters - some are worse than others, and some are down right avarage! :mysmilie_14:

You are right as always Dave, I have given myself a thorough telling off and vowed to be a more caring, less cynical person. However that may change if I see Peter Simon presenting!

I have 3 things to say:

1. the thing that annoys me about dennise is the way she talks as though in state of almost permanent emmm how can i say it ... 'excitement.'

2. I noticed paul was hyper the other day like his bid persona. He was calmer on IW at first ... is he slowly reverting to his bid days? I don't often watch these days hence me not knowing :)

3. SOMETIMES PERCENTAGES MEAN NOTHING! constantly telling us 'oh hold on ... i need to tell you ... over 20% of the stock is already gone' means NOOOOOOOOOOOTHING!!!! why? cause they maybe only had 5 to begin with in which case they've sold one, or they had 1000 to begin with so still have 800 left to sell! either way, what's the rush/panic when you know the item will feature again within days?!?

pathetic :(

Totally agree with you - that loathsome woman is the worst out there. I don't know how she sleeps soundly at night. Maybe when she tucks Laura in at night (like that happens) she murmurs gently to her 'thanks to your 'specialness', mummy made lots more money than she would otherwise have done today'. Vile creature.

According to her profile on Ideal World's website... and I quote;

Ideal website said:
What keeps you awake at night? I worry about my daughters.

Is it me or does Dennice have that type of voice where it sounds like she's talking through a cardboard kitchen roll?
I was just saying to my mum the other night that I actually miss Bid (for all the wrong reasons) but it seems Ideal World is near enough there! All its missing is the 'anything goes' spiel of yea-olde-Bid (once the Ideal World management are replaced by ex-Bid TV producers). Bring on the Peter Simon intro!

I was just saying to my mum the other night that I actually miss Bid (for all the wrong reasons) but it seems Ideal World is near enough there! All its missing is the 'anything goes' spiel of yea-olde-Bid (once the Ideal World management are replaced by ex-Bid TV producers). Bring on the Peter Simon intro!

I do admit that Christmas won't be the same without the bid mob this year. Anyhoo, - Sadly last year was the last of that tv shower but enough have moved to IW to bring the same mentality to that channel and in my opinion nose dive the I.W integrity. I don't watch much selly telly these days but if a certain presenter comes on when I watch I.W, then the tv goes off :mysmilie_59:pDQ.

Hi,

Sorry but the nosey nurse in me has come to the fore! What is Denice's (spelling??) daughter's disability? I have obviously missed this as I can't abide the patronising, nursery school teacher tone of voice she uses.

Inge :)

Laura had meningitis as a baby I believe, and she was brain damaged, so although she is 30+ she has a child-like brain.

I do find it silly when they make a point of saying they are not on commission when they are clearly on some sort of sales target related bonus. (of which there is nothing wrong with being on, in the first place... as many forms of business and employment are on such a structure)

Latest posts

Back