Dilated Capillaries

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Elphaba

Registered Shopper
What products have you found that work in 'healing' broken capillaries on the face?

Okay, not good news. They are actually under the top layer of skin so no topical product will do a thing. A friend has then since she was in her twenties, cold weather did it on her. Laser treatment in a salon or they can inject them to kill the blood supply and so they died basically.

I agree with Donna I'm afraid. The only solution is a good concealer. I have them on my left cheek so always have at least some concealer on when I go out. They have not got any worse over the years though so that is one good thing!

Absolutely agree with the point about concealer. I have two 'thumbprints' of them (one on each cheek). They developed over the course of twice-daily three days worth of hospital visiting when my mum broke her ankle. I'm sure that the contrast of the extreme December cold and the over-dry heat of the hospital wards were to blame. Other than lasers, there is nothing you can do to get rid of them. However, you can reduce the chances of getting more. EVERY time I go out in the cold I now layer a facial oil under any moisturiser, makeup primer etc. And I wouldn't dream of having a water-based product next to my unprotected skin when out in sub-zero temperatures ever again. But now I've invested in a good, creamy concealer!

I'm sure that the contrast of the extreme December cold and the over-dry heat of the hospital wards were to blame.
absolutely true!!
Split/dilated capillaries are most commonly found on the face particularly around the nose, cheeks and legs. They can be caused by many factors, including aging, pregnancy, harsh weather and smoking.

Good treatment is electro micro surgery Using a magnifying lamp, the tip of the finest, smallest probe possible (about the size of an eyelash) is introduced along the line of the capillary and a tiny energy current is discharged, this then dries up and destroys the vessel which often disappears as it is being treated

before and after pictures for reference:
vbmBA4lrg.jpg

Last edited:
I got some relief for the milder capillaries by using vitamin K cream, the mark on my chin that looks like a graze, nothing topical has helped, my work base is next to a beauty salon, keep thinking about going in there, then I forget about it, been working there for twelve years now!

Latest posts

Back