Need some advice please.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Caroleanne

Registered Shopper
Seeing as my eyebrows have migrated to my chin and on the way some have took up residence just above my eye lids not near my brow line ..not quite a werewolf yet :( and whats annoying is my legs are hairless!!! (seriously I blame HRT after my Hysterectomy at just shy of 40 as before then never had a problem at all ...so that coupled with my age I have a tiresome problem..... so got to thinking would a facial epilator be any good ? I have no experience of them at all I know you can`t use them near your eyes but help with my chin would be good
So can any of you good ladies recommend their use and any brand/model in particular
Thanks

Sorry I`m no help. I have eyebrows and anything else which needs it threaded.

The Braun Silk Epil is good.
http://www.boots.com/en/Braun-Silk-epil-5-5780-Epilator-5-attachments-cooling-glove_1250880/
This one is very like the one I've had for a good few years that's still going strong with no problems. Less than half price at the moment plus there was a £5 off electrical beauty coupon around recently. Might have been in their instore mag, I used it to get a new toothbrush as mine died recently. Those hairs are a real pain once you hit the menopause but the epilator does work, quick & easy, & you soon get used to it.

I bought one if the emoji facial epilator things, it was ok but nothing spesh. And it hurt like hell. I now stick to Nair facial, slap it all over my chin and top lip and the lots done in a couple of minutes, pain free. :up:

I have eyebrows and any facial hair threaded but I do use an epilator on my legs and love it. The one I have can`t be used on the face, it`s quite an old model but I daresay the ones designed for facial use work on the same principal as threading does and they`d do a good job. Worth a try I`d say.

The most effective permanent hair removal is electrolysis. It can be painful but it's worth it and it's ideal for small areas like the chin and lip. The best thing would be to start with a 15 min session at a salon and see how you get on. I have a home device called one touch which you can find for about £40 and which is great for dealing with stray hairs once you feel the situation is under control, but you do need a good magnifying mirror to make sure the needle gets into the hair follicle. Some hairs need more than one treatment - the trick is to make sure it slides out when you hold it with tweezers and doesn't need tugging. Unfortunately new hairs sprout from time to time but stick with it and they will soon be history. Good luck.

Has anyone had any luck with the home IPL ones - I got one from Philips that looks like a hair dryer, got a bit excited on Black Friday - it is supposed to be for face and body.

Threading all the way for me, for eyebrows. Superdrug Belfast does it for £5. Your really need the shaped properly.

As for facial hair, okay now don't faint. But shaving with a cheap 2 blade razor. No your hair will not grow back thicker(that is hormones only will cause that), no you will not have a beard. Japanese women have done it for years and US women as well Every two-three weeks just gets rid of the downy hair on the cheeks and any odd blond hairs on the top lip. Just use normal cleanser as a shave slip. I read about it all the time on the beauty boards and did try it, no problem.

I think that the epilators and electrolysis may be too painful. I'd say try laser. I bought the machine a few years back when it was a TSV and the treated area is hair free. Not sure about IPL, I did use it but didn't stick with it.
I saw the laser machine in Argos specially for eye brows - to treat individual hairs and at has a narrow tip for easy access - it's cheaper than the body machine. I'd say if QVC have something like this have a go with the 30 day MBG or perhaps they allow longer.
I also tried the no no - rubbish and requires daily commitment, laser or IPL you do it every two weeks but they are not good on dark skins and blonde/grey hair. Sometimes I see the laser/IPL machines on Ideal World.

Something like this
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004MCR0FU/?tag=shoppingcom03-21

And here is the lot
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004MCR0FU/?tag=shoppingcom03-21

Latest posts

Back