Best and worst Chrissy presents?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Jigsaw puzzle. My dad asked me what I wanted and I said a jigsaw but he thought I meant a jigsaw puzzle. Another tine he bought me the most hideous fluffy socks. OH another time he bought me a watercolour that one of his neighbours had painted and he wanted to buy one to impress her.

Worst pressie was a very tight fitting, very fluffy, high necked, long sleeved furry type of nightshirt which my late hubby bought me one Christmas ( whatever possessed him ??? ) which made me cough like mad cos it moulted fluff everywhere and was like sleeping in a straight jacket. It was binned by New Year.
Best pressie was when my sons were young teenagers and they`d wait until last minute on Christmas Eve, go into Boots, empty their pockets and buy which ever perfume was left on the shelf within their budgets. I`ve had some corkers and some real dire ones but I always knew Christmas Day would provide perfumed pot luck. All 3 of my sons did it as they grew up.

Worst present, well it was actually my birthday not christmas, my 18th of all birthdays. It was actually the night before my birthday and my BF invited me over to his for a romantic meal 'cause his old dear was off to bingo. (She was a right forbidding old bag, who didn't like me). When I got there it turned out bingo was off, so she was in. He ordered the romantic chinese meal for two, well it was a meal for one 'cause his old dear advised him that there's always enough for two in a meal for one. Sat down at the table with the dinner and a candle set in the plastic lid of a hairspray can. Then he asked the old bag to come and join us, and she said yes please, so this chinese meal for one, went three ways. At the end of the evening, he gave me a wrapped present and told me not to open it till the next day. I opened it on the bus. It was a tin of talc, and from the looks of it plucked straight from his old dear's dressing table...it actually went it the bin, between the two buses I had to catch to get home!!!!! Believe me the relationship was finished VERY shortly after that.
Best present.....have had so many great christmas and birthday pressies it's hard to choose. Beautiful necklace from hubby I guess!

Latest posts

Back