Having to throw out Nailsinc special effects polish

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

whitesnake

Registered Shopper
I just wondered if anyone has had the same problem as me! Last years I bought a Nailsinc TSV which had in them a red special effects glitter 'Fibre Optics' and a silver glitter called 'Galaxy'. Well I went to fish them out today to wear to work for a bit of Christmas sparkle and I was dismayed to find both have had to be chucked. The galaxy went really thick and gloopy, I couldn't shake it up and the Fibre Optic was rock solid and the brush actually snapped! I am absolutely flummoxed as to why this has happened. They are stored in exactly the same place as my other polishes. All my other glitters are perfect, its just these two that were for this particular TSV which I think I got in August 2013. Has anyone else had this problem? I am very disappointed and wonder if these special effects were some inferior made for QVC formula's.

They weren't made especially for QVC by any chance???

Could the particular texture of these ones which did not store well.

I have some OPI polishes which are years old and still useable.

I have a couple of bottles of OPI that have set like concrete even though they are stored in the same case as the rest of my OPI, with the tops on tight.

I bought a gold Galaxy varnish polish called Knightsbridge road from Nails Inc last Xmas, just had a look at it and it seems fine, it is a great colour but is a devil to get off

My galaxy went all clogged up too but I think it's just the formula, it seems to dry too quickly. I had the same problem with a matte finish and a graffiti NI too. The fibre optics I've got are fine though. X

I store my nail polishes in the fridge door. I was given that tip years ago and it seems to work.

I have never bought Nails Inc so not sure how they would behave? Essie,OPI and Butter London(usually hunt TKMaxx for those, latest one was Fishwife bought on Saturday for £4.99), not a fan of Leighton Denny they seem to chip on me very quickly.

Nails Inc all the way for me as I love the colours. I only have OPI nail envy. Like Leighton Denny miracle drops but disappointed in the only nail varnish I have but it was bought from Tkmaxx so may have been old.

I also keep my nail polish in the fridge door - have done for years. Sometimes it looks likes there is more polish than food in my fridge!

I think it may just be the formula. Both are very full with metallic pieces, aren't they? I think the ratio of solvent to glitter is too high for it to last as long as long as the others.

I've stopped buying Nails Inc, they always seem to thicken a lot quicker than other polishes. I use both expensive and cheap polishes and Nails Inc are they only ones that do this.

A tip for removing glitter polish, small square cotton pad soaked in remover on your nail wrap in tin foil, works wonders. I can remove both hands in less than 5 mins. It saves a lot of rubbing and picking to get the glitter off.

I've got a couple of fingers painted in Nails Inc Chelsea Embankment and it is probably at least 2 years old even though stored in the hottest room in the house. Still in great condition. I do have quite a few stored in the fridge though.
TSV out for delivery. Hope I'm in as I have several errands to run. Planning on wearing the metallic red.

I've stopped buying Nails Inc, they always seem to thicken a lot quicker than other polishes. I use both expensive and cheap polishes and Nails Inc are they only ones that do this.

A tip for removing glitter polish, small square cotton pad soaked in remover on your nail wrap in tin foil, works wonders. I can remove both hands in less than 5 mins. It saves a lot of rubbing and picking to get the glitter off.

Even better if you soak a piece of baby wipe in remover in place of cotton pad. I've found it works a treat

Thanks everyone for your opinions on this. I guess I have just been unlucky with the two mentioned special effects polishes. My other nailsinc glitters and foils are fine. I would love to keep mine in the fridge like I do when I go on holiday abroad but I really don't have the space. I have too many polishes!!! Have a lovely Christmas everyone!

The red metallic from the TSV looked very festive on. I put on one coat and no top coat. It has started wearing at the free edge now on my non dominant hand strangely. I have now put a little of the metallic silver on the top edge of a couple. Looks ok but not fantastic. Perhaps a smattering like frost over a wider area of the nail would look better. A strange look for someone who spends their life in jeans

Latest posts

Back