QVC, you're spoiling us!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Moth

Registered Shopper
Now that you can't sell any more for Christmas, you take the TSVs off easy pay. You've done nothing remotely fun or special for the season. Your prices are still some of the highest you can find on the retail market. And you've given us Richard Jackson and his bird seed and cleaning equipment over Christmas itself. Wonderful! Suddenly the repeats of Morecambe and Wise look even more appealing. Do you actually want to keep some customers? This is the first year in quite some time that I've done none of my seasonal shopping with you. I found better service everywhere else this year. You're not high-end, just high-priced.

I agree Moth it's been rubbish and yes I noticed a couple offers ago that the Christmas period TSV was ****** bird seed. What a farce. In years gone by I often bought the Christmas TSV but not any more.

I thought that the dyson tsv was a very odd choice for the last shopping day before Christmas. So thrilling. They could have flogged it in a couple of weeks under the banner New Year New Broom or some such. I could only think that the warehouse operations are collapsing under the strain of having to make quick deliveries and they just hoped nobody would buy it.

They sold over 4,500 units yesterday which works out at over £800k of sales so that's not really a bad day. It wouldn't have been my choice for a TSV but maybe the lower volume of sales is easier for them to handle than having a less expensive item that might sell tens of thousands of units. I thought they might have had something like a Diamonique necklace that people could buy as an easy last minute present or even as a treat for themselves but what do I know?

The Dyson was a good choice TSV for the last day of Christmas delivery they were guaranteeing. If it doesn't arrive before Christmas it's unlikely that most people will have bought it as a special Christmas gift, there won't be tears on Christmas day over the non delivery of a hoover! Whereas if they'd done a high sales item like beauty or jewellery that are typical last minute gifts and didn't hit their 'guaranteed Christmas delivery' target it would've been one massive headache for Q, and their customers.

(I'm not saying people don't have vacuum cleaners for Christmas, but it's not generally a purchase decision that is left until the last minute)

Last edited:
From now on we can look forward not only to bird seed but diet items and exercise machines interspersed with sale items.
It's the Christmas hangover on Q....

At work last week, we had a lady in buying a dishwasher for her hubby for crimbo. Clever girl!:mysmilie_378:

I bought nothing for Christmas from Q and based on the schedule I can't see this changing in the new year.

In days of yore i would have been interested in jewellery sales but since it won't be anything that hasn't be languishing in clearance with 6p off the full price I can't see myself getting very excited.

Bird seed by Richsrd J - be still my beating heart.

Years back Christmas arve would mean Sales Morning and fun, its Craig and Catherine doing the live Shows Tommorrow, it is the kind of day Craig nirmally excels he is one of the more jolly presenters

Years back Christmas arve would mean Sales Morning and fun, its Craig and Catherine doing the live Shows Tommorrow, it is the kind of day Craig nirmally excels he is one of the more jolly presenters

Thank goodness I won't be in as I just wouldn't bear that combination.

I see that since its midnight launch there have only been 2 shows which are not RJ and knowing how they seem to slot the TSV into every show now, probably not even those.

Overkill or what. So much for this charity day if no one is tuning in. Anyone any idea what/how much goes to charity or is it just free publicity?

Seems a very small amount to be given to charity if you ask me as they must be selling hundreds of thousands of items but only donating £6,000?

CC

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back