Boxig Day, and the sale HAS started!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

louise66

Registered Shopper
Sara Griffiths has just reminded us. I have never been impressed with any of the Q sales; it is, imo, n opportunity to get rid of surplus/end of line stock, at prices which are more akin to IP, and not clearance prices. Whenever any of our products go into clearance, it is because that particular model is being discontinued.

Clearance? It's more like "leave it at the same price until someone daft enough to pay it comes along" !

I went charging around bluewater shopping centre ....manic ...lBoots had their perfume sale but was. It really impressed ...I used my points on a small bottle of chance Chanel ....and I think maybe even cheaper bargains new year ....maybe ;0) ....it seems like people are buying buying and I bet they get home and think ....didn't really want that desperately anyway lol.....I know I do that loads of times ....so I stopped myself lol .....Chanel is my fave brand and I had enough points luckily ..l.but I will be wading in new year lol :mysmilie_59:

My mum really wants a bottle of Vera Wang Princess. Got a 100ml bottle half price on Boots.com. She is over the moon...having dropped loads of hints when doing our christmas shoooing but could not afford the full price. I told her it's going under my bed for her birthday anf she should use the next few months to finish off her old stuff!

Sounds like there are some good deals out there.its a few years since I went to Bluewater, maybe time for a
Visit.Westfield is on my doorstep but gets too crowded.

£4 seems to be the average reduction on QVC items, I think I saw one item with free P&P as well...........

Last edited:
I didn't brave the sales as I felt unwell, and I am glad now having seen the news! I bought trainers online (£22!!) instead and preserved my sanity! I don't want anything else, so that's my sale shopping done :mysmilie_59:

Oh the Lulu Guinness sale is on for those interested. Started Christmas Eve but there is still quite a bit left.

Some clearance products seem to have been there for years!

You beat me to it ! One example is that range of painted leather bags at about £50 a pop. Absolutely horrendous IMO and as far as I can remember it must be over a year since they last saw daylight.

I didn't brave the sales as I felt unwell, and I am glad now having seen the news! I bought trainers online (£22!!) instead and preserved my sanity! I don't want anything else, so that's my sale shopping done :mysmilie_59:

Oh the Lulu Guinness sale is on for those interested. Started Christmas Eve but there is still quite a bit left.
Hope you are feeling better now, I have not braved the sales but have got a couple of things online, Molton brown handcream half price and liz Earle lipglosses, have to say nothing in the LG sale has tempted me. Meant to be going out shopping tomorrow but have just seen the snow,

Hope you are feeling better now, I have not braved the sales but have got a couple of things online, Molton brown handcream half price and liz Earle lipglosses, have to say nothing in the LG sale has tempted me. Meant to be going out shopping tomorrow but have just seen the snow,

I am, thank you! A good sleep works wonders. Oh snow? I hope we get some too. I want it to come and go by the time I go back to work!! No, nothing in LG for me either.

I am, thank you! A good sleep works wonders. Oh snow? I hope we get some too. I want it to come and go by the time I go back to work!! No, nothing in LG for me either.

I wondered if you'd got anything from LG sale! Thankfully nothing caught my eye either (well, LOTS caught my eye but no matter how much I love those Perspex clutches they really are for posing with and admiring only) However I got one of her passport holders half price in House Of Fraser sale which I'm chuffed with :mysmilie_59:

I wondered if you'd got anything from LG sale! Thankfully nothing caught my eye either (well, LOTS caught my eye but no matter how much I love those Perspex clutches they really are for posing with and admiring only) However I got one of her passport holders half price in House Of Fraser sale which I'm chuffed with :mysmilie_59:

Oh well done! I had a cheeky peek as I received the email, but it's still not doing anything for me :-( Oh actually, that should be :) as maybe I'll spend less money this year, haha!

There were some good reductions in the Q handbag sale and most sold out including the Anouska painted bags.Not my taste but many were half price.No LG bags half price though.........

I was out yesterday and hit pay dirt, well for me anyway.

A wool jumper in M&S,Debenhams Guerlain counter got the Petrouchka palette half price, SpaceNK was the biggie for me all half price. Rodial Dragon's Blood full size three items half price, NUDE set, Tocca and Aromatherapy Associates candle half price.

Today got in House of Fraser some YSL makeup at half price.

I was swamped with body creams, shower stuff, face stuff etc for Christmas. A huge Soap and Glory set, a huge L`Occitane shea set and a huge Boots No 7 face creams set plus other stuff. I won`t need to stock up for quite some time and already have a stash in my wardrobe from before Christmas. This year I didn`t get any perfume from people but I`m glad because I dislike so many of them and usually give them to charity shops after Christmas. It was a perfect excuse to order some of my favourite perfume online on Boxing Day. I also ordered some trousers from Dorothy Perkins which were in the sale. Other than that I`ve spent nothing and didn`t spend a penny with Q pre Christmas so I certainly won`t be entertaining their so called sales.

LG sale handbags seem more expensive this year, I treated myself to a Mary Portas leather one half price from House of Fraser if I don't like it I will send it back.

I have today finished my sales shopping. I did rather OD on reduced Marc Jacobs sets but otherwise stuck to the list. MB, L'Occy, Decleor large size cleanser , toner and perfume sets are my big purchases, plus reduced scarves in M&S. All purchased. The DHS wasn't too bad where I was (Wimbledon yesterday and Kingston today) and I got the rest online from JLP as click and collect, one down two to go!

I am not into spending money, full stop! Even if I was, the sales would be a no go for me, as a shopper, as I am working all over the period, as are we all at work due to the sales, ironically. I do need some new clothes, but it will be online shopping, Abercrombie & Fitch, Boden and Ralph Lauren. Even if I was into Kim & Co, Nina Leonard, or Quacker Factory, they don't do my size. I question whether the Q has actually grasped the definition of the word sale.

Latest posts

Back