Lulu Guinness SALE

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

What did you get CMQ?

Was tempted by Amelia but resisted. However I got one of her leather passport holders in House of Fraser sale for £22 for a little treat :mysmilie_14:

I ordered the black Continental wallet. I haven't been happy purse-wise since my last Continental, but didn't want to pay full price as I did for my more recent LG wallet :-( Despatched already, ordered this morning, and being delivered tomorrow :)

cannot fault their service!

Indeed. And it's gorgeous! I have never liked the lipstick pull but it's kind of cute, especially as it's a mini version of my Joan Collins Alexis lippie that I am in love with at the moment!

Indeed. And it's gorgeous! I have never liked the lipstick pull but it's kind of cute, especially as it's a mini version of my Joan Collins Alexis lippie that I am in love with at the moment!

My Jenny has the lipstick pulls and it matches the Joan Collins lipstick packaging perfectly doesn't it!

Are you pleased with your wallet? And how about you CMQ - are your bags as you'd have hoped?

There are further reductions in the sale now so I have been deeply tempted to get the Chloe clutch in the different design to the one your ordered CMQ, but I absolutely really don't need it...! How is it for functionality?

I'm tempted to get the cameo watch http://www.luluguinness.com/accessories/watches/rose-gold-lulu-cameo-watch-2670 as I don't own a watch as I rely on checking my phone to check the time. However I've heard some mixed reviews about her watches?

My kids bought me the Marcel Wave watch for Xmas when it was first reduced (with a certain amount of hinting) and I'm very pleased with it but some reported problems with other watches that were being sold off: dead batteries mainly. I don't think they're worth the original asking price (well not to me) but at around the £40 mark mine is very nice. I've made a conscious effort to wear a watch again, after years of relying on my mobile. I've got a few lovely watches and it's a shame to leave them sitting in a drawer. I just class them as jewellery now. This as near as I'll get to making a New Year's resolution...at least it's fairly attainable :mysmilie_19:

Thanks Akimbo. I too wouldn't pay the original price, but I think £40 is a fair price for a stylish watch which doubles as a piece of jewellery.

I've googled and found mixed reviews about battery life, some with no problems and others complaining. I haven't worn a wrist watch since around 1999 so I have no idea what the normal time for a watch battery to last would be! Nor how much it costs to get a battery replaced?! But I wouldn't have thought it's too expensive?

To replace a battery about £6 on a market stall or around £10 in a jewellers. I go to a Saturday market even with my expensive watches. I started wearing watches again too! My latest is a citizen eco drive that recharges itself

Thanks Akimbo. I too wouldn't pay the original price, but I think £40 is a fair price for a stylish watch which doubles as a piece of jewellery.

I've googled and found mixed reviews about battery life, some with no problems and others complaining. I haven't worn a wrist watch since around 1999 so I have no idea what the normal time for a watch battery to last would be! Nor how much it costs to get a battery replaced?! But I wouldn't have thought it's too expensive?

As they're selling them off I think some styles might have been sitting in the stock room for a while. I keep looking at the bags in the sale but I'm not drawn to anything so far. I like the oil slick patent effect but I have the continental wallet already in black patent so that would be too similar and the coin purse I probably wouldn't use and there just isn't enough to the Katie clutch to tempt me to part with £160, plus I own this bag which has the same effect on the faux patent leather triangle so it would be a bit of duplication. http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00EQ1SH8Q/?tag=shoppingcom03-21

Hey ho, I'll maybe treat myself later in the year.

Very happy with my 'oil slick' patent Katie clutch, which I ordered on Xmas Eve, as soon as the sale started - I did post a thread about it, but on a different board :wink:

My Jenny has the lipstick pulls and it matches the Joan Collins lipstick packaging perfectly doesn't it!

Are you pleased with your wallet? And how about you CMQ - are your bags as you'd have hoped?

There are further reductions in the sale now so I have been deeply tempted to get the Chloe clutch in the different design to the one your ordered CMQ, but I absolutely really don't need it...! How is it for functionality?

I'm tempted to get the cameo watch http://www.luluguinness.com/accessories/watches/rose-gold-lulu-cameo-watch-2670 as I don't own a watch as I rely on checking my phone to check the time. However I've heard some mixed reviews about her watches?

Apologies for late reply, I don't come on much now!

I adore my purse! The others have been confined to the cupboard and this is the one I use every day now. I used to have a red quilted lips Continental and I loved that, but the corners got slightly tatty with age/use so I sought another brand.

As for the watches, I agree that they're not worth the full price. I ordered two when they were on offer last year and one arrived with the little dots (hour markers) floating around inside the face! I also didn't think they were good quality - not for the price anyway, or even the sale price come to that! But then again, I like a 'metal' watch if you know what I mean? One that's more like jewellery rather than costume jewellery, so I may not be best placed to comment!

Latest posts

Back