Nikki Gewirtz - Lola Rose

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Sazza

Staff member
I see that Nikki the founder of Lola Rose has been given an MBE. Very well deserved!! :happy:

Last edited:
She deserves it every bit as much as Lulu Guinness. I'm a LR fan and it spans the ages - my daughter loves it now, too - very handy for birthdays and Christmas.

I wonder if the lollipop lady in Wales who received an honour will add it to the numerous QVC gifts which she must have received, if our wonderful presenters had their way!

Still At a loss why Joanie was made a dame but there you go.

I am at a loss why Nikki, Lulu, Joanie and especially that irritating, unfunny fat bloke have got honours!!! How about honouring these nurses who are diagnosed with ebola as a result of looking after children with the disease, getting cured then going back to care some more?

I am at a loss why Nikki, Lulu, Joanie and especially that irritating, unfunny fat bloke have got honours!!! How about honouring these nurses who are diagnosed with ebola as a result of looking after children with the disease, getting cured then going back to care some more?

Well said!!! Couldnt agree more.

I think more ordinary folks do get MBE's. the lady who has been in an admin manager at our local court for many years has recently been awarded one. I think there are quite a few more who probably get reported locally.

Wasn't it changed so ordinary people would get them. You had to be nominated by whoever and then they investigate whether you are entitled.

I do know someone who works for the council, not in admin but on the ground he works with travellers or gypsies and they camps in Belfast. He got it last year and it was his department all wrote in and he won one. Then of course going to the Place etc cost money(you pay), the fancy certificate which you again pay for, the very highend one over £2000 or the bog standard cheap one which is under £1000(sorry can't remember the exact amount). They are handwritten by professionals and depends if you want the velum or paper and presentation box.

So this might explain why ordinary people don't want as its too expensive.

It was reported that about 75% of the people getting awards are "normal people" but it just seem to be the celebs who get the attention. Anyone can nominate someone, I'm sure you would find the process by Googling. A bloke from a village near me has got an award for services to music after playing the organ in church for about forty years and being the leader of the village silver band for about the same time. So if there's someone you feel deserves recognition then get nominating!

I'm pleased for Nikki. I love her jewellery and scarves and she's a British woman who started her business at home on the kitchen table. People who know her say that she is lovely and very kind and generous.

There are every day people who deserve recognition, I agree, but it doesn't make her hard work and entrepreneurial spirit any less deserving.

Wasn't it changed so ordinary people would get them. You had to be nominated by whoever and then they investigate whether you are entitled.

I do know someone who works for the council, not in admin but on the ground he works with travellers or gypsies and they camps in Belfast. He got it last year and it was his department all wrote in and he won one. Then of course going to the Place etc cost money(you pay), the fancy certificate which you again pay for, the very highend one over £2000 or the bog standard cheap one which is under £1000(sorry can't remember the exact amount). They are handwritten by professionals and depends if you want the velum or paper and presentation box.

So this might explain why ordinary people don't want as its too expensive.

Gosh l really had no idea that you have to pay for the certificate yourself. I suspect many ordinary folk couldn't really afford to pay for the privilege if they had the honour bestowed on them!

Yes, I'm not sure how flogging jewellery and handbags constitutes outstanding services to the community

Latest posts

Back