Jill Franks how rude

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Tilley

Registered Shopper
Just watching Yankee candle show with Jill Franks. She said she had been to a friends for dinner and her tea lights didn't last long. She said she was hoping the friend was watching as she needed to buy the Yankee ones. Then she repeated it again, said something like "so if you're watching you have to get these".she always comes over as being curt to me anyway but this seemed so rude after her friend had had them as guests. I bet she criticises the decor and everything of peoples houses. I wouldn't have her as a guest.

Probably an imaginary friend so she can pretend that she is talking to her to up the sales.

I only caught 5 minutes of the show (I intended to watch the last 15 minutes, but I'll be honest I couldn't stick it) and I found her to be quite rude too - she interrupted Rosa from talking about the fragrances of the 'Under The Palms' to let everyone know it was limited stock, which I thought was ok, but then she carried on talking & talking when she said she would be quick.

I don't think it's rude to recommend a better product to a friend, I do it all the time. It's not a criticism, especially if the friend commented on how short a time they lasted. It's only tealights afterall, it's not like it was anything offensible, let's not lose all sense of reality here!!

I've always thought the spiel these presenters come out with was entirely fictional and use to promote sales. I can imagine them sitting down with pen and paper thinking up new stories to tell on their next show but usually they repeat the same old ones.

If she was that good a friend why didn't she do as they always implore the punters to do, and take a gift of them to the hostess instead of telling the zillions of viewers that the friend had crap tea lights. It is one thing to recommend something but to say that yours is better than theirs is tactless

Pound shop tea light alert! If I was the friend I'd invite her back and give her the most awful meal she'd NEVER forget. Dog food pie followed by chicken wings in a tuna fish sauce, (with a little tabasco thrown in) followed by creme brulée with an extra helping of butterscotch and fake almond essence!

Well you all must have totally different relationships with your friends than I do!! We don't tip toe around hoping not to offend each other, but we are never rude either. If my friend came around and said "gosh, those tealights aren't lasting long. Why don't you try the xxx ones instead" the last thing I would be is offended!! The world has gone mad, it really has.

I very much doubt there was a dinner party with friends in the first place. As others have said it's probably just sales patter. I do think Jill sometimes has a very unfortunate way with words but equally there are a quite lot of easily offended people about.

I just wished she would stop complaining about being cold. It's December and she was wearing a thin sleeveless top so it's no wonder she was cold.

Tealights would be the last thing on my agenda when meeting with friends. I wouldn`t give a toss nor even notice if they were cheapo ones which fizzled out after half an hour or more expensive ones which gave out enough light to put Blackpool to shame. I can find the wine bottle in the dark if I have to .....
Seriously who gives a toss about a friend`s tealights ?? The subject would`t even be worth mentioning, most friends have far more important things to talk about and are too busy enjoying themselves as mates, not Policing the bliddy table decorations. My friends would think I`d gone potty if I did that !

I heard Jill on a Judith Williams hour enthusing about her cream blusher in a bottle thingy. She mentioned that she always wears cream and not powder on her face as powder just accentuates lines. Hmm, wonder if she will remember that little confession when she is next with Laura Geller.

I think half the stories they tell are made up for something to say especially when selling a boring product !!

Well since JF's husband was owner or part owner of a PR type company, there would be dinner parties. I will say JF does not cook, she has someone who comes in to do that and the cleaning. Good for her, wish I did.

I will say they all have their sales patter down and add on when needed. Don't forget 99% if not all the QVC presenters have a background in the entertainment industry. Jilly was a dancer/model, Julia a bit part actress and worked on Cards Are Right(or whatever they call it), AY did the faces of the rich and famous and did presentations for Clairns and Decleor.

I just wished she would stop complaining about being cold. It's December and she was wearing a thin sleeveless top so it's no wonder she was cold.
I noticed that and yelled well put some ****** clothes on then at the TV. I thought she just went on a bit about the friend's tea lights but then it did of course mean she could hog the conversation. She always seems very cutting towards Rosa IMHO. I remember one show where she was like that and the next show she was on with Rosa she made a big point of telling us how well they get on....... I think she is ghastly!!!! Not Rosa of course. Jill is probably jealous of Rosa's popularity.

Latest posts

Back