Northern Nights Flannel Duvet Set TSV 08/01/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Northern Nights Heavyweight Egyptian Cotton Reversible Flannel 4 Piece Duvet Set

SIngle Q Price £51 Todays Special Value £40

Double Q Price £60 Todays Special Value £49

King Q Price £69 Todays Special Value £57

Super Q Price £78 Todays Special Value £64

The description says one pillow case, is it actually two because it's a four piece set?

Also, this might sound really stupid, but what is a flat sheet? I know a fitted sheet goes around a mattress, but what do you do with a flat sheet?

Thanks.

I use flat sheets between me and the duvet cover iykwim. In the way that a bed used to be made with a bottom sheet, top sheet, blankets and eiderdown or candlewick bedspread (I used to pick the fluff off mine if I couldn't sleep when I was little).

It saves me changing the duvet cover (which I usually need someone else to do for me) every time I wash the pillow cases and sheets. Also by tucking in the foot end of the flat sheet it seems to stops Mr Akimbo pulling the whole lot over to his side which is an added bonus.

Here's a revolutionary thought, but I'm tempted to stop buying fitted sheets. I know they make it easier for it to stay put but the latest mattresses we bought are deep and lots of fitted sheets don't fit. I know I can buy NN deep fitted ones but it really annoys me that they don't fold neatly for storage and always get creased in the airing cupboard. The storage cube bloke was selling a gizmo which claimed to help with folding fitted sheets but I couldn't really see how it would give better, creaseless results than folding by hand. I'd be happy to go back to buying flat sheets a size bigger than the bed and do "hospital corners" without elastic. I might try one of these techniques - there are a few videos on youtube like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYVxyOJsFqg

Back to the TSV: Spots? Really? Not for me.

I really like this set of setting and for once there is a colour option available that suits our bedroom, but the OH is definitely not willing to pay £84 for a set of bedding :(

its quite expensive with the postage price added £55 for the double. john lewis have some white double fitted flannel sheets for £13 in the double. fenwicks are selling some christy checks in the double for £40 but no pillow cases/ fitted sheets just duvet cover. quality is sublime. tbh i also hate the buttons comming loose with the northern nights sets. even though the stores are dearer you know jl and fenwicks sell quality

I bought my first QVC bedding set offering in Oct, it's Cozee Home micro fleece flannel like and I love it. So thick, fluffy and warm yet not heavy. I can't remember how much it cost but I know I was happy with the price when it arrived. I've just ordered another of their sets so I'm sorted with winter bedding. Very happy.

Quite like the green too,it's unusual to see much green bedding. All seems to be duck egg at the moment. Not sure about flannel though, might be a bit too warm for me.

I find the cozee duvet covers, exceptionally easy to put on, whereas the NN are quite tricky.

So they are still flogging this flannel bedding that sheds lint all over the bedroom and bobbles horribly and is impossible to iron .......yawn, they must have a huge backlog of returns and excess stock to shift from the warehouses.

i bought two sets around 3/4 years ago. it was the cath kitson look alike. really lovely. apart from buttons coming off. but the prices are too high

So they are still flogging this flannel bedding that sheds lint all over the bedroom and bobbles horribly and is impossible to iron .......yawn, they must have a huge backlog of returns and excess stock to shift from the warehouses.

Yes I remember flannel from years ago,probably when I was a child .Maybe they will do a nice green in another fabric.

Latest posts

Back