Fitness stuff that works

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

T

thatu

Guest Shopper
I've just read in the New Year thread about people out walking after the Christmas binge - excellent exercise and good on you - if you can do it, that is. I do as much walking as possible, (used to walk at least an hour a day) but it now varies day to day, with some days not able to get out and others able to do more. We bought the bodyblade and the swingstick which you can use in the house, doesn't take up much room, and was worth every penny of the £60 or so we paid for it. For me, this has been excellent, it tones, I've lost weight and feel better, too.

What equipment has helped your fitness?

Not quite on topic, but I couldn't help spot the irony of having two Real Pie Company shows in the middle of all the Diet Chef and fitness equipment. Very strange scheduling. Or are they people's returns? ;)

I love my rebounder. It's not one of those spring ones that loudmouth was flogging yesterday - they're noisy and the springs break! - but a Bellicon which uses bungie cords. Much lower impact and more effective. Expensive, but has replaced my gym membership and I feel great after a session. It gets used everyday unlike any other piece of home equipment I've ever owned.

It probably all works if used correctly and regularly.

I've fancied a pilates machine for years and would prefer to do it in the privacy of my own home but have never had the space to allow a machine to be kept out all the time. I know I would not use enough if I had to fold and put away each use so have never purchased.

I think it is a case of buying something to fit in with your lifestyle that is most important.

My Pilates Machine, though I need to get back in to using it. Body blades.
Everything else dust collectors.

I have four items of fitness equipment which I take out daily. They all have four legs & can walk the legs off me.

I had a rebounder from QVC which I loved, but when we moved house 4 years ago, it got put into the shed and never came out. I think this was mainly due to lack of space as I did love use it before and found it very effective. It was also great when you had a rubbish day at work because you could bounce on it for stress relief. The kids also loved it. DH eventually gave it away to someone collecting scrap metal.
Other than that I don't think I have ever purchased any fitness equipment. I tend to do short bursts of yoga, but probably do need to do some cardio.

Hmm, I am sorely tempted to get a rebounder again.

I saw Forbes Allen on last night with Marverine flogging some bit of bungee cord 30 quid. They had a model on there in his 50s who looked very young. I wouldn't put it down to pinging a bit of overpriced knicker elastic, though! It was fun to see Marv rolling her eyes like a crazy Sesame Street monster! When she asked Forbes: "How many minutes a day do you have to use this?" the woman totally ignored her questions and went off on her own tangent.

Power rack
Flat/incline bench
7ft barbell
Cast-iron plates
Mean lifting grimace
mysmilie_51.gif

I'm slim as a whippet with the 5:2 diet. I have a Fitbit to measure how far I walk each day. I must start using other body blade but not tonight after the cider

Power rack
Flat/incline bench
7ft barbell
Cast-iron plates
Mean lifting grimace

Sounds right up my street! ! I can't exercise at home. I've had all the equipment, all the dvds... but I need to get out and lift weights! A Body Pump class is my favourite, and am about to embark on TRX - which is resistance training with your own body weight and elastic bands :)

I am also doing the couch to 5k program using just my feet and mobile phone!

I once ordered the Pilates machine but I had nowhere to store it open. I stored it closed, but it didn't inspire and motivate me. I do envy those who are disciplined enough to work out at home.

Anyone watching My Fat Story?! It's a must-see!

I remember a parent at nursery I worked at was telling workers aboutna hoola hoop fitness class she went to .....she said she had bruises all over ....I said ...you should just go for walks .....( how rediculous ...bruises ... I mean ......it's enohgh to make you turn to choccy :mysmilie_5:)

I remember a parent at nursery I worked at was telling workers aboutna hoola hoop fitness class she went to .....she said she had bruises all over ....I said ...you should just go for walks .....( how rediculous ...bruises ... I mean ......it's enohgh to make you turn to choccy :mysmilie_5:)

I remember the hoola hoop craze when I was at school.....good memories! Something every one could afford!

Body blade works for me but I would love to have the space for a Pilates machine to be permenantly set up.If I had to fold it away I know I would not regularly use it .

Dog walking also works to an extent but when I meet fellow dog walkers we tend to stand and chat......

A treadmill in winter, a good pair of running trainers and the great outdoors in the summer.... Run, and fat will melt off you.

Eat sensibly and drink LOTS of water!

A treadmill in winter, a good pair of running trainers and the great outdoors in the summer.... Run, and fat will melt off you.

Eat sensibly and drink LOTS of water!
Unfortunately I can't run, used to, I have stenosis of the spine but the 5:2 works to keep the weight down just need to up the heart rate a little to exercise the heart.

I remember the hoola hoop craze when I was at school.....good memories! Something every one could afford!

Body blade works for me but I would love to have the space for a Pilates machine to be permenantly set up.If I had to fold it away I know I would not regularly use it .

Dog walking also works to an extent but when I meet fellow dog walkers we tend to stand and chat......

Love hula hoop when I was younger .....I think the classes for this are weighted ones ....they bruise your body it seems .....

Well I got my Pilates machine out this morning. Did 9 mins Pilates and 2 mins jumping!
I walk a dog too!

I walked to town in the rain with my trolley lol ....but I got hubby to pick me up as I twas bucketing down ...and the trolley was very heavy lol....however normally rain does not stop me ...I walk there and back when ever I can .....and luckily hubby likes walking too .infact when it's called ...any local shopping mall is ideal to walk around ........safe..... warm and shops to break monotony .....( if you can resist not spending all the time and buying cakes lol)

I have recently bought a foldable excerise bike from amazon £80 . It's brill as got it on corner on living room as it's small and neat , it is facing tv means I can go on and off it few times a day . 15 min or so flys by when watching favourite tv program .

I have recently bought a foldable excerise bike from amazon £80 . It's brill as got it on corner on living room as it's small and neat , it is facing tv means I can go on and off it few times a day . 15 min or so flys by when watching favourite tv program .

That sounds like a good idea Goldie ;0)

Latest posts

Back