The Body Rescue Plan. Has it been postponed?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yes I think one of the presenter when on with Marie Francoise Wolf referred to her sister and this and said that it was going to be coming up but had been delayed a bit but I don't recall them giving any reason why,

I think Catherine Huntley said before it was on air 15th January. Now people, beware. If you, like me, have spent money on goods from Paul McKenna, Diet Chef, Zumba and various other big promises of how to drop pounds, remember that for most of us the pounds drop out of our bank accounts and not from our waistlines. I'm not saying don't buy it because that's not up to me, however, I would think hard several times before parting with my cash and don't get caught up with the money back guarantee, limited stock, selling fast patter either. My past experience is that 6 months down the line the things are in the charity shop, on ebay and in the case of exercise machines, drying my washing! (although I have high hopes for my new exercise bike!!).

CC

I think Catherine Huntley said before it was on air 15th January. Now people, beware. If you, like me, have spent money on goods from Paul McKenna, Diet Chef, Zumba and various other big promises of how to drop pounds, remember that for most of us the pounds drop out of our bank accounts and not from our waistlines. I'm not saying don't buy it because that's not up to me, however, I would think hard several times before parting with my cash and don't get caught up with the money back guarantee, limited stock, selling fast patter either. My past experience is that 6 months down the line the things are in the charity shop, on ebay and in the case of exercise machines, drying my washing! (although I have high hopes for my new exercise bike!!).

CC

Yes sure this is what Catherine Huntley was talking about. She has dropped dress sizes.

I wouldn't personally buy any diet products as I have got into a reasonably healthy eating pattern over the last few years and it has worked for me along with body blade and walking the dog.

I do fall off the wagon from time time ,life would be boring without some treats , but the trick is to get back onto it as soon as possible. That's not as easy as it sounds.

Thanks Ian...I've never been on a diet so probably won't go for either. I have a v old pair of jeans and if I can't fasten them I cut back on the crisps (it's always savoury stuff that I can't resist more than sweet stuff.) No doubt I should probably move around more than I do.

Back when Debbie Flint first left QVC she was leaving to work on a book with the American ladies who used to sell "Seven Secrets of Thin People" book and CDs (they still sold cassette tapes as well I think). I don't think that ever materialised, well not on QVC at any rate. Then Debs cropped up on Home Shopping Europe and elsewhere in direct sales. Was she on Ideal World, Bid or Shop! as well, I can't remember?

here it is but its not live yet

The Body Rescue Plan Paperback by Christianne Wollf
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.704286

but i also found Debbie Flints

Till The Fat Lady Slims 2.0 Hardback by Debbie Flint
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.704285

both now LIVE!!

704286 The Body Rescue Plan Paperback by Christianne Wollf £19.99 + £2.95 post
704285 Till The Fat Lady Slims 2.0 Hardback by Debbie Flint £10 but its got 9 5* reviews already!!

The wallet rescue plan more like ...:mysmilie_17:......sorry but ......Catherine could achieve the same results with cutting out the junk ......the only real winners of these plans are the writers .....also with supportive cd yes that helps but in the end the human spirit always rebels at rules ....and I love reading Gillian Riley's books ....she speaks so much sense and truth .....and that"eating Clean" nonsense .....I mean what does " eating clean" mean ? ....if I eat chocolate ...maybe I'm eating dirty lol ....seriously ....such a load of hogwash in my humble opinion .....give gillian Riley a look ...ditching diets .....just the title makes me rejoice lol

CC

Well said, candy cane! I have spent many years working with women with eating disorders and huge weight problems. There has never been a diet I have come across which has worked for anyone, except for the very boring eat less, move more. But many women have spent money they could barely afford on one 'miracle' diet after another.

Good luck with the exercise bike, that, part of the 'move more', really does work.

The biggest load of toot for advice to avoid a craving ....clean your teeth ......yeah in the middle of sainsburys ...getting a craving for choccy looking straight at me ....just get the old,tooth brush out lol......

The biggest load of toot for advice to avoid a craving ....clean your teeth ......yeah in the middle of sainsburys ...getting a craving for choccy looking straight at me ....just get the old,tooth brush out lol......
2 solutions for supermarket buying/consuming.
1. Ensure you have eaten/are not hungry before going to supermarket
2. Write a shopping list prior to visit and only buy food that is on the list

Also do not eat items you have no paid for yet, it could be considered theft though generally the supermarkets have to be lenient with their customers.

I still maintain 5:2 works for the majority. The last part of 3 part programme on losing weight is on tonight BBC 2 at 9pm. There is also a quiz on the BBC website. I am 91% constant craver! Doesn't surprise me as I am always on the lookout for the next meal. Thank goodness I did not have a career in catering.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/guides/z2csfg8 - the quiz link

ive been watching this Horizon on BBC ? ...felt terrible for,the poor people climbing the blliddy light house ....that would be me ...I'm emotional eater mostly .....but I still, think Gillian Riley my first port of call ...not climbing down a lighthouse and crying myself stupid with fear ....worrying about what everybody would think of me if I dint do it ...gawd ...yet more humiliation for the over weight .....imho ......great for the self esteem ...not ...
D
She says there is no perfect way of eating .....and a craving needs to be accepted not distracted from .....This does not work .i love her books .....and. says people put themselves in a prison psychologically ...and what is the first thing we want to do when we have had freedom of anything taken away ....including food ...? ...well her book explains it all .....so much better than I can ...

That BBC show is really quite interesting. I'm 86% constant craver apparently. News to me - I'd have said I was 100% :D I have one of those Tony Little treadmills - remember him? It makes a brilliant clothes horse!

both now LIVE!!

704286 The Body Rescue Plan Paperback by Christianne Wollf £19.99 + £2.95 post

704285 Till The Fat Lady Slims 2.0 Hardback by Debbie Flint £10 but its got 9 5* reviews already!!

That's £23 for a paperback book?!!

And HOW can Debbie's book have those reviews already?!
I have seen it and flicked the through it and it is rubbish - rehashed stuff read before (not unhelpful but basically intuitive eating) plus it's poorly written IMHO! In the middle of a honora show she made a comment about wish list items into a story about her pigging book inc reeling off the item number from memory!!

Maybe reviewers bought it from amazon which says it was published in September. Or maybe they bought the originally published book from 2002.

Has CH trained as a diet guru yet - alongside nail technician, dentist assistant and all the other things she has dabbled in ..

Latest posts

Back