What is your Q new year resolution?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Buy less--- not a good start have ordered 3 items today so that's 'out of the window'--until tomorrow!!

Only to buy something i really really really need and i cannot get cheaper elsewhere but there again i have been doing that with qvc for a while now.

I rarely watch live progs but tend to check the website daily.
I`m not a big spender with Q at the best of times and tend to only buy certain brands such as SBC, ABC and Mally.
My resolution is to resist all of those brands tsv`s until I`ve used up my stash plus all the stuff people bought me for Christmas such as L`Occitane, Soap and Glory and No7 gift sets

I go for ages without buying, especially if like the past while when it is100% fitness/beauty/household but then once I do buy it tends to be 2 or 3 purchases at a time.

Even on the DHS I've sort of lost interest in shopping as there seems to be little that I haven't already got at home. I did splash out in sales but thinking a good proportion of those will be going back as it was the reductions which swayed me rather than the need or want.

Loving the answers lol......to search the net first before I order anything ..like kipling ... Beauty products ....anything really :mysmilie_59:

Not to watch so much when I'm at home. The less I watch, the less I buy and I really do need to stop spending so much on stuff that I could honestly live without. Having had a look at the upcoming TSVs you'd think they were all things that didn't sell over Christmas as I'm sure things like Dyson, Emu and Northern Nights were all recent.

CC

It's the awful presenters and guests which stop me watching as much as the dire product offerings.

When I look at the TV guide and see a show I might be interested in as soon as I see the presenter any enthusiasm goes down the Swanee

To not buy ANYTHING!!

Also to watch less. Since December the tv in my kitchen has seen more Sky News than ever! I do flick back to Q occasionally, when I have seen the same breaking news story for the 16th time, but I take less notice of it now.

I suddenly remembered a few weeks ago that the tv in my spare room has an in-built dvd player. So, when I am ironing I am now catching up on Audrey Hepburn films and all my Alan Partridge dvds rather than watching Q!

Let's just hope I carry on this way, as it feels great!

I will try to cut back on buying from Q, but I can see this resolution breaking in the near future!

Never make them. I shall continue spending the way I did in 2014; reluctantly and rarely. I only buy from the Q what I either cannot get elsewhere at such an affordable price (skincare), or for gifts. Of course, I buy the odd thing I wasn't intending to purchase, but that doesn't happen very often. Generically, I shall try to have a more positive attitude.

Never make them. I shall continue spending the way I did in 2014; reluctantly and rarely. I only buy from the Q what I either cannot get elsewhere at such an affordable price (skincare), or for gifts. Of course, I buy the odd thing I wasn't intending to purchase, but that doesn't happen very often. Generically, I shall try to have a more positive attitude.

That was one of mine but I know I will find it harder than the diet which starts tomorrow! Especially where Q is concerned!

The easiest way is not to watch but it gets a bit addictive even if you are not that interested in what is on.

My 2014 Q spending was a tiny fraction of previous years and I predict that 2015 will be even less. Now if I could cut out the other spending I'd be in clover!

I broke my New Year's resolutions before so don't make them any more because of the the guilt that follows and a feeling of failing myself.
My spending was minimal this year as I wasn't tempted by the offers.

With the wonderful threesome of DFB/Chuntley/Abbey whatsherface it is soooooo easy to shut it off.

Ps it is no secret that I cannot stand CH but fair play to her she has done fantastically well on the diet thing she is promoting. I do wonder how much of it is down to having a personal trainer, if she has one. Somehow after a full day's work and then housework actually going to a gym is not doable for most but if someone was coming to your home would be harder to slack off. That's what I'll do when I win the lottery LOL

Anyway well done even if she does seem to be going for the Veronica Lake look.

No more impulse buys for me either and to make sure I really yes really do want something before I order it rather than have to pay the postage to send it back. Also to not watch the beauty shows so much and convince myself that I do need that skin cream or some other wonder product that is going to take years off me. Also how many candles and handbags does one person need?!! I need to cut back on my Q expenditure and only buy things that I need and are great value, so if I stick to that mantra I should be buying very little from Q :mysmilie_50:

Latest posts

Back