Ideal World's Pick of the Day

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

martin3645

Registered Shopper
Can anyone tell me why IW doesn't improve their range? Every day it's the same old products being showcased as the P of the D and they try to flog them as if we've never seen them before. I know the presenters are paid well but it amazes me on how they can be so enthusiastic about the same old products day in, day out. I would have thought retailers/companies would be chomping at the bit to show their products to television audiences and yet they don't appear to be?

Hi, it's a running topic on this forum. Dont think anyone has come up with a definitive answer. IW seem to lose their popular products to QVC , so maybe they are stuck with what they can get......fashion tends to be a little bit more diverse.

With the same old items being sold over and over again one would think it would be only a matter of time before they stopped making live shows and just show repeat recordings. It would save them a fortune!

With the same old items being sold over and over again one would think it would be only a matter of time before they stopped making live shows and just show repeat recordings. It would save them a fortune!

Exactly! The products are on so often that I always wonder if it is a repeat........it may as well be as in the case of the ceramic pans for one, all it is is burn milk, burn cheese, burn the two together, burn plastic cheese and make a pancake, then wash the pan (while still hot) to show how easy it is to clean. That drives me mad too. Every pan I have EVER bought, cheap or not so cheap, has been easy to clean when new fgs!

Here is the reason why the channel is so repetitive now:

Ideal Shopping Direct said:
We are unique in the UK
Ideal Shopping is a multi-channel operator also able to offer an “Airtime Purchase” proposal to vendors. In practice, this is where you can ‘buy your own show’, and it is a winning formula, in providing you with an effective and exciting way of driving lead generation for your products and services.

Indeed, your own Ideal World show can drive high quality leads, wherever there is a high value purchase decision to be made, and where your own sales staff can then visit or telephone to close the sale. We have some great success stories over many years in developing shows and business for our Holiday, Leisure and Home Improvement partners.

Switched on at 9pm and surprise surprise it's the same old rubbish. No wonder the presenters appear to know their stuff, they only have to remember what they said the last time and the time before that and the time before that........

Seems it's getting even more pointless to have (one of their 12 products) as a Pick Of The Day now as they are 'holding potd prices for this ONE extra show', and cue another 4 shows at that price......

Also, please someone tell me I'm not the only one who has noticed that the products are always the same price when POTD. Yeah you get an extra something to make it appear you are getting a deal but the halogen oven for example is never below £39.99 on its own, I hope you know what I mean, or perhaps I am insane :p

Also, please someone tell me I'm not the only one who has noticed that the products are always the same price when POTD. Yeah you get an extra something to make it appear you are getting a deal but the halogen oven for example is never below £39.99 on its own, I hope you know what I mean, or perhaps I am insane :p
Know exactly what you mean,they juggle the pricing around to make it look like you are getting a bargain,but speaking as someone who's strong point is not maths ,I usually give up trying to work out any savings and never order anything.Even I can see they are not giving savings.

Thry did have the Halogen Oven on there Website for £99.99 before Christmas my dad was about to order it, I said to him why are you doing this give it a couple of days, it will be £39.99/£49.98 sgain, and I was right, which got me thinking, i guess if something id being sold on there site, for tge higher orice, for a soell, cant thry say, it wss at the higher orice.

Nticed yesterday tbe sodding pans were POTD again, but this time it came with a Cookshop pepper mill.

Talking of halogen ovens, I don't know if it's been just our bad luck but we've purchased two of these halogen ovens in the past. The first one packed in due to what I believe was a design fault. Unfortunately the thermostat (unprotected) is based at the bottom of the lid and is too close to the item being cooked. Consequently it gets exposed to any fat splashing upwards and after a while jams up. We threw it out after 3 months, giving it up as a bad job. I tried to leave a constructive review on IW but it was never published? We purchased a slightly different model a couple of years later, hoping things might have improved and because we actually liked the concept of halogen oven cooking. This one lasted 6 weeks before the light failed completely. We sent it back for repair but IW just gave us a refund instead. I don't think we'll bother again.

On the Halogen ovens, my dad is on his second one from IW.

Thevfirst one worked fine, until the lud wasnt closing properly and to get it to shut, he had to bash the lid doen all the time, which I guess caused the Halogen Light to go funny.

His other problem hevfinds is tbat the machine only has 3 feet and if you cook a steak, which usnt tbat thick, when you take i out it falls through

As said, we like halogen ovens as they appear to be very economical, it's just that they're not made for everyday use, so it seems. We had similar problems with the Cookshop soup maker. That suddenly decided to throw a wobbly and eventually stopped working.

Thry did have the Halogen Oven on there Website for £99.99 before Christmas my dad was about to order it, I said to him why are you doing this give it a couple of days, it will be £39.99/£49.98 sgain, and I was right, which got me thinking, i guess if something id being sold on there site, for tge higher orice, for a soell, cant thry say, it wss at the higher orice.

Nticed yesterday tbe sodding pans were POTD again, but this time it came with a Cookshop pepper mill.

They have to do it as the law says they have to - I think it's 21 or 28 days it needs to be on sale for. You often see it with somewhere like Argos as well.

Latest posts

Back