£1600 for an iron? :O

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Moth

Registered Shopper
Are they joking?

Item 803787.

Surely you'd only be after something like this if you're into doing laundry on a professional basis? I don't see how it's much different from a £40 steam iron you'd buy anywhere! (can't help but wonder if it'll do something for Yong Kim though ;) )

And, on top of that, they've got the gall to add £20 P&P :O

Hmmm to coin a certain shop's food advert............."it's not just any iron, it is an ironing system" :mysmilie_17:

If I had that kind of money to spend on an iron, I would just go all out and send my ironing to a firm to do it for me!!!!

It's only £1499.00 with free next day delivery from Marks Electrical. You also get an additional steam attachment worth £149.99.

Some of DF`s group will have ordered them because she`ll have told them they can`t possibly live without it !

For that money I'd need the machine to iron for me and leave it all folded neatly or preferably put away..........

If we believe everything they tell us none of the QVC "fashion" items need ironing anyway. Cling... cling.... static.... static....

Hmmm to coin a certain shop's food advert............."it's not just any iron, it is an ironing system" :mysmilie_17:

If I had that kind of money to spend on an iron, I would just go all out and send my ironing to a firm to do it for me!!!!

Me too!!! i like that way of thinking!

Man! It's iron, like a lion, in Zion! Iron! Lion! Zion! yeh!

Ridiculous! Whatever next? "It's not just a kettle, it's a water-boiling system."

I think I'll stick with my £7 value iron from Argos - it even has a stainless steel sole plate!

Last edited:
The you tube product ad made me cringe and giggle in equal measures, the daily mail road tested it, it didn't score that well, particularly for the size of its price tag.

http://youtu.be/AcO_4u2GRgQ

Love the ad! So cheesy. "Even a man can use it!" Honestly! What dated 90s feminist claptrap! It looks like a nice iron but I couldn't quit see myself spending on that!

the add is pure comedy ,,,,,,,For the price you get the ironing board as well, didnt realise that, not that it makes a difference ,still too expensive.

I just had a look at the video and thought hmm not bad for £160.00. Then I had another look at the thread title!!

Latest posts

Back