Back to who?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

T

thatu

Guest Shopper
Just watched a bit of the Back to You hour to see what all the fuss was about. It ended up, predictably, as Back to Me - My Blog, My Tweet, My Back To Me Facebook. And, although I thought we'd heard the last of it - Back to My Latest Book. Ho hum.

Perhaps the cow should try giving back to BCC after conning them out of £2000!!!!!!

This afternoon she did once stop being a me me me advert to say she wasn`t doing the Kim & Co outlet at 11pm as she was taking over the TSV as Alison was ill ...... then she said Miceal the `fashion guru ` was doing it ...... stretching the truth a bit there too !!

She has been on local radio pushing When the Slim Lady Sings as well. Oh and all sugar is the devil's play thing.

Strange bit is, she looks the same no matter what. Hairstyle, clothes she wears, the weight she is.

As much as DF annoys me I don't think she warrants being called disgusting names.

Totally agree with you, if a person does not like or disagrees with Debbie then switch over or switch off, but to come on here and call her names is just nasty and uncalled for and rude.

Sorry to suggest switching off is silly the items may be what people want to see, as far as DF is concerned it her selling tactics can be termed as iiffy then she is fair game.

I had this on, for the first time last night. Didn't understand the one minute challenge - does she think we ALL own every item in the show?!

It is obvious that DF engenders very strong feelings in some viewers, not only because of her presenting style but also in relation to the BCC incident. Some people may find it difficult to couch their dislike and disapproval of this presenter without resorting to name-calling. However unpleasant some remarks may be, we live in a country where there is free speech and if someone wants to call her names, then they have every right to do so, provided their written remarks are not libellous. In my experience I have found that you cannot tell someone how to behave. People are who they are and generally speaking very rarely change for someone else, whether that be an annoying presenter or the person we sit next to at work. We don't have to watch; and we don't have to buy; and we don't have to be bosom buddies with the person at work. We are in control.

I honestly think DF doesn`t care a damned what people call her or say about her, in fact I think she kind of gets off on it because her " followers " rush to defend her especially on FB and that keeps her name on everybody`s lips and as they say in her business " there`s no such thing as bad publicity ". Someone says something unkind about her ( even though the comment might be justified ) and suddenly her name is plastered everywhere, her buddies are praising her to the hilt, she`s able to bleat to anybody daft enough to listen and once again wallow in sympathetic adoration. I never watch DF except when I might watch a video about a product on Q`s site and she`s the person in the video and I have no choice but i certainly think she`s an expert in manipulating situations to her own ends and her self promotion is legendary. Who else would create such a furore about the BCC prize and yet still come out of it being rewarded with her own show, named after her own group, and mentioning her own books/buddies/FB followers and most importantly to her .... The narrative I, I, I, I, I all the time ! Rest assured DF doesn`t need defending by anybody, she`s as slippery as an eel and in her eyes, even negative attention is better than no attention.

I think when a person cons a charity out of £2000 shes fair game to be called anything , also DF didnt care what she said to that person that reviewed her book on Amazon, Anyway its my opinion and ill stick with it, presenters and guests have been called far worse on here for doing ALOT less than DF.

And i dont watch any show by DF if i can help it :)

I know nothing about DF or any incident concerning. If she broke the law then she should take the consequences. I clearly do not watch enough QVC and rarely see DF anyway. I also stand by my previous reply.

I am amazed Q let her back after she left to launch Ideal World. She must pull in the sales and I think that is all the Q big wigs care about.

She certainly isn't humble now,even taking to Twitter to tell other presenters to big things up when on air

I think when a person cons a charity out of £2000 shes fair game to be called anything , also DF didnt care what she said to that person that reviewed her book on Amazon, Anyway its my opinion and ill stick with it, presenters and guests have been called far worse on here for doing ALOT less than DF.

And i dont watch any show by DF if i can help it :)

Ooh what's this about a book review?!

I wonder how many of her 'coven' are on here?!! Sorry, was that nasty?! Oops.

I like Debs, as a person, and a presenter. I do find her hard sell a bit much, however. As I do not believe, generically, a word any presenter/guest says - they are there to sell - and nothing impels me to purchase, other than myself, it is irrelevant. I work in sales and, in a face to face situation, she wouldn't get away with such a selling technique. On QVC, we have the option to press the red button; in a shop, the customers would walk away from her and she would, consequently, lose many sales. This would lead, ultimately, to either demotion, or her P45, unfortunately.

I think you either are a sales person or you aren't - people are really easy to convince, and she does have a convincingly good one-to-one approach which irritates me, but obviously not everyone, since she seems to attract a lot of punters. Was it Julia Roberts who persuaded them to take her back, or have I got that wrong? OH and I were sorry to see her again, to be honest, but there she is and there she'll stay, as long as she keeps selling more stuff, by the looks of it.

For many reasons, she is one presenter whom I cannot watch ........ I will go as far as to say I don't watch any show that she presents, even if I am interested in the brand being discussed. I work on the premise that I can look online if I really need the item (and I can often source it more cheaply elsewhere anyway) and I also use the reviews and comments on this forum to inform me. I don't need a presenter telling me that I cannot live without something or that I must buy it, because I know full well that I can live without it and that I don't need to buy it.

Latest posts

Back