Me ..talking double dutch!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Caroleanne

Registered Shopper
I just was in the process of ordering the OTO and was at the point of confirm and pay when a page came up saying `Bad Request` said something about the server not understanding I`m quite thick with computers so because I didn`t want to order two I shut the computer down as I couldn`t get off that page I phone up telling them what had happened saying it was in my basket and was about top confirm and pay when I got the message as above I was asked my membership and pin number and what I`d ordered only to be told they were sold out. I tried to explain again with no success that I had one in my basket to no avail so gave up !! opened my computer up went to look and there it was in my basket so was able to buy as this time it went through ok .... I thought they could have seen my order ?????

I had exactly the same with a piece of jewellery recently but in the end just chucked the whole thing and bought something else on the DrHS instead.

In fact I have would say that about 50% of the time it is impossible to go straight through with an order on the website. Often no matter what bleeding size or colour combination you choose it keeps asking you to make your selection.
I find it particularly bad on OTO or BH or popular TSVs which always leaves me feeling that bit is all a con.

It was like he wasn`t listening to me, I would have thought he could see it was in my basket ...all the advice I got was to check back in half an hour to see if someone hadn`t put their order through...didn`t matter I kept telling him there was one in my basket but my computer wouldn` let me complete the transaction :(

I tend to use Qcut for OTOs etc when the details aren't available or are confused on their website. I wonder whether they are deliberately slow to update the details of say an OTO to give those who can't order online a fighting chance of getting it, but then I remembered it's QVC and they don't really care enough to do this, a sale is a sale and it doesn't matter to them how it's made. Their web-time are just pants, that's the reason.

I find that if I've been browsing qvcuk.com for a couple of hours and then try to buy something it will return some sort of error message. Most of the time I use Google chrome but if this happens I'll open a different browser (Internet Explorer usually) and then the sale goes through no problem. I could reboot the laptop but to grab a OTO it's quicker to open a different browser. (nb 2 other browsers can be used I'm just using IE and G Chrome as examples)

I find QVC CS don't generally know what you're talking about when you to to report a problem with their website. The standard response is to restart you computer (no sh!t sherlock!). They won't be able to see what's in your basket, although abandoned baskets will automatically flag the sending of an email inviting you to complete your purchase if the item is in stock. The problem with opening a new browser is that the item is still in your basket on the Google Chrome tab but there's a risk if you try to co-ordinate removing the item from that basket to then add it the basket on Internet Explorer; there's a danger that someone else will nab it in that split second.

The QVC website sucks big time. I know any site or browser can crash at a bad moment, but the majority of transactions I try with QVC fail the first time round. Sometimes it's Bad Request or Internal Server Error type failures or it'll keep saying that items are out of stock, when they're not, or complaining that I didn't enter the email address or account number, when it's clearly there. It is frustrating, to say the least, and has cost QVC several orders. I was always of the opinion that it's programmed in-house by people who don't really know what they're doing.

I used to work in an office where the boss's son knew a bit about PCs and so was made IT manager. No surprises then that nothing ever worked properly. Some things needs professionals!

Mind you when I used to use Qcut and it was a bargain or a very popular item I encountered the QC equivalent of the website in as much that the automated voice used to go belly up, repeating every word 3 times or not offering any options.

Still convinced that it is a mixture of incompetence and a big Q con.

Latest posts

Back