UK Mail

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

SuziQ

Registered Shopper
Have any of you had to return an item to QVC using this company ?

I had to return a faulty Acer computer, and it's taken almost three weeks for the collections company to contact me about it. When they finally did, it was arranged for yesterday anytime between 8-8, however I received a text early yesterday to say they would come between 12.33-13.33. They never came. I received another text today to say they would arrive between 11.47-12.47 and he arrived at 12.15.

My concern is that he had nothing to give me to show proof of posting, his English was very limited and he looked at me as if I was potty when I tried to get him to to write something down to show I had given him the parcel. I am now really worried that this return will never get there and my son will lose his money on the item.

Even Hermes, who I can't stand, give you a tiny slip with a number on!

I was hoping that others may have used this service with no problems?

I've had this before for a laptop returned for repair (not QVC). The driver was just as you described and when I asked for a receipt he just shrugged. Luckily it was all ok but I agree it's a leap of faith. A similar chap brought the fixed laptop back (I can't remember whether we had to sign for it!

I'm not sure how you'd get on if the item went astray in transit though.

Off at a slight tangent, when my credit card company phones me (occasionally to query unusual transactions) they always ask me to prove who I am. I think they should also prove to me who they are! I don't mind them asking me one of my security questions but I should be able to ask them a question to verify they are who they say they are!

I'm not sure how you'd get on if the item went astray in transit though.

Off at a slight tangent, when my credit card company phones me (occasionally to query unusual transactions) they always ask me to prove who I am. I think they should also prove to me who they are! I don't mind them asking me one of my security questions but I should be able to ask them a question to verify they are who they say they are!

I always say that I am not sure who they are and can I call back a bit later. They then leave a note on the file so that when I call back they know what they wanted to talk to me about. I agree that if they had a system where the user could ask them to identify themselves with a prearranged word it would reassure the customer

I returned a faulty tablet a while back and on the instructions of the girl from the company who arranged the return I asked for proof I had handed it over The young lad said he didn`t have anything to give me as the system was all electronic and paper wasn`t used I still made him scribble his name on a paper under where I`d put what he had collected with time and date I then phone Q and she said it was ok as it had been noted it had been picked up ....doesn`t instill any confidence though does it

All electronic - once the parcel is scanned at the door it shows on 'the system' as collected. I agree though that you do feel like you're putting a lot of faith in the driver to have done the necessary scanning/clicking when they seem to just take the parcel off your hands with no receipt or anything.

Without doubt the best courier company I've used is DPD - always friendly and efficient, come when they say they're going to a and give you proper receipts with barcode/references which tie up with the parcels.

I've had a collection today after about 6 days when I expected them and they didn't turn up.

It has taken almost 3 weeks, but to be fair, QVC took 12 days to request the collection!!!!!

But he had no way to give me a receipt, I had to write one out myself for him to sign.

If he hadn't had a stick-on printed label I wouldn't have given it to him, he came in an unmarked white van.

I had the same with a £600 tv that was faulty going back to Sony for a refund, i made him sign my sales receipt with name and signature with date and time and popped down the tracking number he had so i could follow it online

I'm sorry I didn't get back to comment, I have been flat out all day today. The driver did place a printed label on my parcel as he took it. I have had this reply from QVC:

Thank you for contacting QVC.

I am sorry to hear that the driver has refused to provide you with a proof of collection. Please be assured that this matter has been forwarded to the relevant department for feedback.

We have no reason to think a return will not arrive within the 14 days we ask our customer to allow for items to arrive back and processed.

Please allow until the 23rd of January as this will be the 14th day, if have not received your refund/replacement by that day please contact us and we will investigate further.

If I can help with anything else, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Thank you

On the other hand, no reply from UK Mail!

In future I will do as advised here and will write out a receipt in advance and get the driver to sign and date it. Whether this would stand up I don't know but it's certainly better than nothing!

How I wish it was like Asos where you can just send stuff back free at the corner shop collect + or post office!

I will be extremely p*****d off if I don't get refunded for this laptop as I am already annoyed it died so quickly and we lost unsaved content ( yes I know- I always save my stuff but my special needs son, whose laptop it was, hadn't saved his massive project onto anything external. He was not impressed at having to start again, but a lesson very well learned!)

Recently I had a delivery made to work and as well as the usual signatures the courier took photos on his mobile.

Perhaps this could the used by customers?

Latest posts

Back