Liz Earle TSV - 14/02/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

tabatha

Registered Shopper
Just seen on the LE Facebook page, that there is a TSV on Saturday 14th February.

Just seen on the LE Facebook page, that there is a TSV on Saturday 14th February.

Thanks, that's Valentine's Day! :) Does that mean Liz herself returns to QVC for the anniversary in March without a TSV?

I've still got the body things from the last one but the face products are soon used up so I will see what it is. The last TSV was really good value so I'm usually tempted.

CC

I'm so glad I discovered cheaper alternatives and won't be tempted by this! I felt honour bound to buy every TSV and ended up chucking some stuff because it went off before I could use it. I actually binned two brand new pots of the superskin from my stash last week as I found they smelt disgusting and had started to separate!

I buy my hot cloth cleanser from superdrug now. Lovely stuff. The only thing I couldn't find anywhere else was the eye bright , but I don't miss it anymore, I just use cucumber slices or used cold tea bags!

I'm so glad I discovered cheaper alternatives and won't be tempted by this! I felt honour bound to buy every TSV and ended up chucking some stuff because it went off before I could use it. I actually binned two brand new pots of the superskin from my stash last week as I found they smelt disgusting and had started to separate!

I buy my hot cloth cleanser from superdrug now. Lovely stuff. The only thing I couldn't find anywhere else was the eye bright , but I don't miss it anymore, I just use cucumber slices or used cold tea bags!

Does the Superdrug cleanser compare favourably? I came back to Liz Earle last year and found it dramatically improved my skin. I am a bit loathe to stray now, but I do want to find cheaper alternatives and I try and use as much Superdrug own brand as I can. I use the Eyebright as an eye make up remover, but I'm sure I'd find a SD one that does an even better job, probably. I only use it as it comes in the kit. As far as moisturiser is concerned, I think they're all much of a muchness and used to swear by Aldi. I am more than happy to try a SD one if I make the switch after using my stash up :)

Years ago I`d use nothing but LE. I was a great fan of the whole range and swore by it but then things began to change. Obviously ingredients were altered ( even though they denied it ) and certain ingredients moved further up the list and other ingredients moved further down the list indicating cheaper ingredients were being used in larger quantities etc. The prices were also beginning to rise and by then LE had sold out to Avon and she became nothing but a figurehead for the brand.
I went on a mission to find high street brands which could do just as good a job but much cheaper and by then hot cloth cleansers had multiplied, as had cleansing balms. Superdrug Vit E hot cloth cleanser worked well but made me breakout, their Radiance one fared much better. Body shop chamomile cleanser is a balm and is great and lasts forever. Ellimae from Ebay her balm works great too, No 7 hot cloth cleanser is a good all rounder but has upped in price but is still a good buy when they have offers, Boots Botanics is yet another hot cloth balm, NSPA hot cloth cleanser from Asda works well and they`re just some of the ones I`ve tried. I`ve never returned to LE and Boots, Asda, Superdrug, Body Shop all have such good offers throughout the year or such good discounts on their websites, even tsv prices can`t compete.
I also replaced LE toner with floral hydrolats from Naturally Thinking, they`re organic, I can mix my own blend of them, lavender, rose, geranium, orange flower ( all of which are supposedly in LE ) at a cost of a tenner a litre which lasts a LONG time !

I have tried various hot cloth cleansers and always come back to Liz Earle.

Has anyone found an alternative for eyebright I don't use it as a makeup remover but for bathing my eyes in the morning.

I have tried various hot cloth cleansers and always come back to Liz Earle.

Me too Ani.
I've tried loads of other cleansers that I really like, but you don't realise how much better C & P is until you haven't used it for a while and then go back to it. I always look/feel better with it IYSWIM?
The only one that comes close is this one:-
https://www.balanceme.co.uk/face/product-family/daily-essentials/cleanse-smooth-face-balm

I hate IBST now though since they messed around with it though. It doesn't even smell the same anymore. Pity really, because it was one of my staples, so I'm on the hunt for an alternative at the minute.

I've got 3 bottles of IBST in my stash, but only one bottle of the old formulation. I keep putting off using it because I know it's my last bottle, but I'm gonna have to use it soon or it'll be going off.

Latest posts

Back