Made in Italy Range

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

neelia

Registered Shopper
Does anyone know what fabrics they use?

I don't understand why IW don't give fabric composition on all items of clothing as a matter of course.

I think some of the items look lovely but I need to know what it is made out of.

Does anyone know what fabrics they use?

I don't understand why IW don't give fabric composition on all items of clothing as a matter of course.

I think some of the items look lovely but I need to know what it is made out of.

You are right - we need to know what it is made of, I hadn't realised that they don't do that. Its not rocket science is it! Out of all the information they give us, surely that is quite important!

Have you looked on the IW web site ? You shouldn't have to go to the web site , if they are selling live, but that may be the only way to get the info you want.

It's the website I am talking about mainly as although I consider it daft not to have it on screen or not to repeat it often, I can sort of forgive them if I can at least get it off the website. But no. Occasionally you they may mention it but more often they don't. The QVC site does tell you-most of the time anyway,

You are right - we need to know what it is made of, I hadn't realised that they don't do that. Its not rocket science is it! Out of all the information they give us, surely that is quite important!
I used to think that if they don't tell you it must be static city but once they mentioned on the programme that an item was 100% cotton but the details on the site didn't mention fabric composition.

I emailed them and got a daft response along the lines of - sorry you are not pleased with the item and advising me to return it. I emailed back that I hadn't bought an item, that I wanted tp know fabric composition before I bought. I didn't get a reply.

I begrudge paying for a phone call. :mysmilie_51:

Sounds like youve thought of everything .You could try to email the company direct if you can find them on the net. I would think the garments are made of something synthetic because many of them are one size fits all so they must have some stretchy/drapey material in them.

Next time the range is on air try texting or emailing the studio ,thats what they keep asking people to do. After all that complain to IW.

Last edited:
I've sent another email.

I would have thought that but Join Clothing and Yong Kim do very drapy stuff that is mostly modal or viscose with a bit of something elastic. I don't mind up to 10% of that if I have 90 breathable :)

I've sent another email.

I would have thought that but Join Clothing and Yong Kim do very drapy stuff that is mostly modal or viscose with a bit of something elastic. I don't mind up to 10% of that if I have 90 breathable :)

That's true but I think there's quite a difference in price which makes me think more synthetic but I could be wrong .Hopefully you'll find out.

They were doing the range when I looked earlier and I was listening to see if they mentioned anything but Sheelagh just mentioned 'fabric' :wonder:

Edit: just looked on their website and today's POD is 80% Acrylic, 15% Viscose, 5% Elastane

Just mentioned on the fashion show that something was viscose with elastane. They could tell us how much of each but getting better. I would assume that the elastane is under 10%.

I did get a wooly reply to my email - a pretty standard fob off thanking me for feedback and that they are continually looking to improve. Why not just say we're going to do it considering they should have been doing it without being asked.

Ideal World have so little respect for their viewers they would expect you to buy a food item without knowing the ingredients :(

A few days ago Dennice was waxing lyrical about how much "we" love viscose when presenting an item of clothing and how lovely it feels. She was really enthusing. Then she had the label checked and it was polyester or some such .:mysmilie_17::mysmilie_15: At least they seem to be trying. The website should be set up so that Fabric Composition is a standard field and it is accurate - non of this polyester/viscose mix. I want to know what % of each.

Latest posts

Back