Best daytime handcream ever back in stock!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Weathergirl

Registered Shopper
...As a duo! Prai Ageless hands £19 plus postage. I got one in last clicks a while ago and it's rich but not sticky. Never had a hand cream before with a texture like this. Sinks right in and my chapped winter hands are better. I still use L'Occitane Shea butter hand cream at night though :)

Thanks for the tip,I am very neglectful of my hands because i can't stand any stickiness. Elizabeth Arden is great but the sticky texture is hard to get on with.

Ooh I love a good hand team so have just ordered this duo. Sadly that means I have broken my QVC duck for 2015 ahead of schedule BUT it is my birthday tomorrow so it can be my present to myself.

I do love L'Occy Shea but am currently on Gatineau as it was on a special offer duo of the 400ml size. I bought it for day use but actually it is OK for nighttime too IMO. I also liked the large bottle of Decleor when on offer as it was a great day cream, but extortionate to buy in the 50ml size. I seem to recall FB saying this was discontinued.

Thank you for the recommendation WG, a good hand cream is hard to find or one spends a lot of money before finding one good one. I've just ordered mine on your recommendation.
I'd like to return a favour and recommend Alpha-H Age Delay Hand & Cuticle Cream as a night cream, I find it healing, it worked on skin cracks, dry skin, burned skin and dermatitis so far. Also my hands react to washing up liquid when I forget to wear gloves - heals my hands overnight. It's currently on waitlist.
http://www.qvcuk.com/Alpha-H-Age-De....html?sc=SRCH&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-1-_-222027
Another hand cream I'm fond of is Gateneau Vitamina and it's good value on ebay in a large bottle.
I heard that Lulu hand cream is good but have not tried it as I kind of don't trust Lulu's skincare.

Ooh I love a good hand team so have just ordered this duo. Sadly that means I have broken my QVC duck for 2015 ahead of schedule BUT it is my birthday tomorrow so it can be my present to myself.

I do love L'Occy Shea but am currently on Gatineau as it was on a special offer duo of the 400ml size. I bought it for day use but actually it is OK for nighttime too IMO. I also liked the large bottle of Decleor when on offer as it was a great day cream, but extortionate to buy in the 50ml size. I seem to recall FB saying this was discontinued.

Happy Birthday for tomorrow! :mysmilie_59:

You should definitely treat yourself Mazza, Happy Birthday for tomorrow! :flower: :mysmilie_3:

DD and I got pots of the Prai handcream in our goody bags at last year's Beauty Bash and it is definitely in my top 5 hand creams, these pots often appear on ebay at a good price. I suspect they off-loaded the pots to repackage in tubes.

I really like the Lulu Timb Bomb hand cream too. I don't get along with the L'Occtane shea hand cream as I'm not keen on the scent and it's very greasy. The lavender scent of the time bomb hand cream seems nicer to me than the L'Occy lavender shea hand creams.

I used to buy a nice one from Superdrug (their own brand) but when they discontinued it and I bought half a dozen tubes for about 50p each. It's possibly been repackaged as this one but not tried it so can't say for certain http://www.superdrug.com/Superdrug/Superdrug-Hand-Therapy-Anti-Age-Cream-75ml/p/201419#.VLEXWyusV-M

Being very sensitive to scents I like the Akin unscented hand cream http://www.naturisimo.com/products.cfm?id=1966 (not used this site though). In fact all the Akin unscented products are excellent if you're looking for something neutral to wear with your choice of perfume, have sensitivity to fragrance or to encourage men to treat their skin with respect if they usually just use carbolic soap and alcohol-based after shave, but know they won't entertain anything "girly".

I'll definitely hang on to that item number WG http://www.qvcuk.com/PRAI-AGELESS-H...9.gif?sc=SRCH&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-1-_-207837, and I'll probably try the Alpha H hand cream too http://www.qvcuk.com/Alpha-H-Age-De....html?sc=SRCH&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-1-_-222027. Thanks for the recommendations. :mysmilie_59:

I sometime think I bother more about my hands than my face - they seem to show my age more than my face does!

If anybody wants an intensive hand treatment without an overpowering scent then I recommend this little gem. Not only is it a great hand treatment but it`s also great for patches of eczema or psoriosis (sp) and sore lips, hair treatment and a list of other issues too. It might seem expensive but it`s a very solid balm which softens on contact and you only need a tiny dab of it. A jar will last over a year, its a large jar. It`s organic and contains propolis, bee pollen , honey, royal jelly, olive oil etc. One tip, don`t buy it from Space NK, their jar is the smaller size for near enough the same price as the big jar costs elsewhere.
http://www.biggreensmile.com/produc...am/egyptianmagic.aspx?productid=egyptianmagic

Ooh that's a toughie. When I get home (I'm baby-stting at a friend's for a couple of hours) I'll use both and report back. The Prai one is a neutral fragrance not to over-powering and the Time Bomb one is a clean lavender scent, not like old lady bath cubes iykwim. At the moment I'm using Liz Earle (which is ok) and using up a couple of mini tubes of Leighton Denny (from TSVs) which I don't really rate at all.

Thanks Akimbo, I think I'll wait a bit until I try the Lulu one as just ordered the Prai and have two Alpha H tubs plus the Vitamina.

It's not available on QVC, but Nuxe (a french brand that is utterly brilliant) do a Reve de Miel hand cream that is my holy grail. So rich, yet no after feel at all. Sorts out cuticles and almost seems to make your nails gleam too. Love it.

I have a hand cream fetish!! No really, I have tubes in handbags tubs and pots at home.

Using one I bought in TKMaxx at home its a big 473mls Royal Apothic in Cutting Garden, in handbag a tube of Caudalie. I was using a tube of Diptyque which I got free and it smelt of almonds. I bought SpaceNK own brand Lavender 200mls in a pump in their sale last summer stockpiled as well.

Oh and if I hate the smell of it I will not use.

Aveeno, best by miles and relatively inexpensive (no need to buy the specific hand cream, the general Aveeno moisturiser is pretty much exactly the same and you get loads more for your money). Us nurses swear by it, as alcohol gel and medical hand wash wrecks our hands, Aveeno is one of few handcreams that sinks in and stays in!

Interestingly on this point it always makes me giggle/rolls my eyes when you get Ali Young saying nurses use L'occitane/Elemis/etc hand cream at work - I don't think so! You leave a pen unattended in the NHS and you'll never see it again, let alone a £30 hand cream! :wink:

Last edited:
Interestingly on this point it always makes me giggle/rolls my eyes when you get Ali Young saying nurses use L'occitane/Elemis/etc hand cream at work - I don't think so! You leave a pen unattended in the NHS and you'll never see it again, let alone a £30 hand cream! :wink:
She also said that fire-fighters have and use Ultrasun for work. I did ask - this is not true, I got this from the horse's mouth. False claim.
I meant to try Aveeno but it goes at the back of my mind.

I still think the Aveda handcream is the best I've ever used, expensive yes, but a little goes a long way.

On the subject of washing up without gloves, Ecover washing up liquid is the only one that does not dry my hands out.

Latest posts

Back