Morphy Richards 6.5 Bar Steam Generator Iron TSV 16/01/14

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've got one from last TSV on 3 EP, it's very easy to use but it doesn't press 8 layers. Mine I think is 6 bar not 6.5. IIRC it was £149.

Morphy Richards Power Steam Elite 6.5 Bar Steam Generator Iron
QVC Price £140.00
Today's Special Value Price £109.98

A powerful steam generator iron engineered to give you exceptional results and a pristine finish thanks to its high 6.5 bar steam pressure, superior ceramic soleplate for easy gliding and variable steam and temperature settings. Designed to make your ironing plain sailing, this incredibly efficient steam iron from Morphy Richards combines expertise, practicality and technology to ensure even the most stubborn creases are simply smoothed away.

Better results, faster - with Morphy Richard's highest 6.5 bar steam rating (the pressure at which the steam is released) even the toughest of fabrics are perfectly smoothed out, while the durable ceramic soleplate ensures the iron is a dream to manoeuvre. Plus, with three variable steam settings, you can choose the exact level of steam you need to get the very best result, whether ironing delicate garments or heavy duty fabrics.

An extra-large water tank - means you can iron for longer without the need to refill. When you do need to add more water, the control panel will light up to alert you. Then you can simply detach the tank, fill it up and carry on where you left off, without having to wait for it to cool down first.

Lime scale management - the anti-scale management system alerts you when de-scaling is required, while the incorporated flushable boiler makes the job itself a piece of cake.

Not just for clothing – the Steam Generator Iron also features a vertical steam function, making it ideal for use on your upholstery and curtains.

A simple electronic control panel - featuring illuminated buttons for Power On, Descale, Water Refill and steam settings, you can see at a glance the functions you are using.

What's in the box?

1 x steam generator and base
1 x instruction booklet

Technical specifications:

Pressure: 6.5 bars
Ceramic soleplate
Steam settings: 3
Steam output: 160g (plus 300g steam surge boost)
Steam ready indicator
Vertical steam function
Adjustable temperature control
Temperature ready indicator
Soft-grip handle
Automatic shut-off:
Water tank: 2L
Continuous fill
Anti-lime scale alert
Flushable boiler system
Power: 2400W
Voltage:
Power cable length: 1.9m (75")
Steam cable length: 1.6m (63")
Weight: iron only: 1.1kg; whole unit: 5kg
Steam generator (h x w x d): 30cm x 38cm 20cm (11.8" x 15" x 7.9")

Behind the brand
When engineer Donal Morphy and salesman Charles Richards teamed up in the 1930s, Morphy Richards was born. Since then this steadfast brand has been designing innovative appliances for the home, focusing on ensuring every task is made quicker and easier with brilliant results.

All measurements are approximate

3rd time lucky?

well Q wont compare it to that they will compare it to the morphy richards website

The Morphy Richards website usually puts a price of about £300 on their steam generator irons, which is very odd as they are always on sale for about half that in every supplier, online or on high street.

I am tempted by this, but the first two steam generator irons i had from MR had to be returned. The first one leaked and the second had a faulty descaling light which was permanently on. From the less than favourable reviews, these were common problems.

Does anyone have knowledge and words of encouragement or discouragement for me about this TSV before I order it? Any comments gratefully received.

I had no problem with it and can recommend for ease of use, some tops don't need to be pressed just run some steam over while it's hanging

I have ordered as my 6+year old Domena is on its way out, i hope it is ok.

Ooh Marina, after your comment I went for it but have since read some not so good reviews of other MR models. Anyway, I do have faith in QVC customer service so first whiff of a problem and I will return. Quite excited as I've never had a generator iron - looking forward to tackling that pile of laundry.

I do hope you will have no problems with it LLE but if unfortunately you do, they will collect it from you and refund your postage.
I hope everything turns out fine, the iron as fab. I actually had LauraStar prior to this one and paid £500 for it about ten years ago but I do prefer this one for the ease of use. When this model of MR was a TSV last year it was something £149.

Mine has arrived within 24 hours of ordering. Not used yet but have saved the packaging!

Latest posts

Back