New measurement system

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

loveallthingsitalian

Registered Shopper
Despite saying this for the past 2 years they still haven't implemented it.

well any bleeding measurements would do in the 3pm show.

Virtually every item JK has had to admit that she doesn't have any measurements for and the couple she does have are only for HALF the width and of course it is beyond their capabilities to multiply by 2

We can only be glad it isn't Chuntley who is unable to add or subtract 2 very simple numbers and simpers about it as if it is a cute trait.

Grr

JK said the person who measures the clothes and puts them on her card to read out, sometimes only measures half the garment.
If they can't sort that out ,they are never going to be able to come up with an accurate new measurement system as they have promised on various occasions.

It didnt inspire me to buy anything.....

How presenters get away with little or no show prep I don`t know ..they have very little paper work to deal with on screen and can`t even be bothered to check that pre show ... doesn`t matter though does it as we are always told to phone the award winning call centre to find out ....its akin to a showroom assistant calling the store manager out of the office to ask what sizes a particular garment comes in very poor customer care isn`t it?

They do need to sort out their sizes and the tape measure would be a big help to the viewers. How many times have I ordered a small which has swamped me and other times I can barely fit into a large - and the presenters say "just go with your usual size". That really is no help at all.

CC

Got to hand it to Kim Mendelson, she knows the measurements for all the garments in every size. plus her sizing is fairly consistent. I'm not suggesting the presenters memorise the sizes but checking they make sense before you go on air would be a good starting point. If a chest measurement says 18" on the blue card this should ring alarm bells, the likelihood being the number needs doubling but a simple check with a tape measure would settle it! I remember Julia (and others) sitting at a desk for fashion hours measuring an actual garment with a literal actual tape measure, and they always had a wooden ruler handy for jewellery shows to measure the drop of earrings etc.

Yes and way back, said wooden ruler had measurements in both inches and cms! :mysmilie_845:

Why do I think that the new system will not be an approvment on the present debacles since any changes in the past few years haven't exactly been a resounding success.

Latest posts

Back