Better Than New Year food expensive rubbish

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Greg

Registered Shopper
Dried pasta and rice you can get anywhere for fraction of the price. Why buy it from IW at a ridiculous extortionate price? It doesn't even come with any sauces it needs to make them palatable. A totally useless and expensive product given the IW hype paintbrush. Only stupid people would buy this crap. :mysmilie_51:

A product like this must surely only appeal to those stuck indoors and serial dieters. Fresh fruit and veg is currently dirt cheap...I made enough chicken soup to last 2 days in my slo-cooker the other day and it cost around £2.50 all-in - a lot healthier than this rubbish !

Yes, it's another product using that konjak plant which works by bloating you and making you feel full. Basically, fibre without calories. Can't believe it has much taste or a pleasant texture. Just looks the same as what it is mimicking. They sell the other verison that Ideal World used to stock in Holland & Barrett. One of the runners up in The Apprentice this year was going to build her business on this plant product until it was pointed out that its already available under many different brand names.

Yep, the Holland and Barrett stuff is now in the penny sale, so anyone wishing to try it can for essentially £1.25 a packet, also Holland and Barrett have free delivery online today too :) The dragons den person, I assume has gone ahead anyway, as you can now get (In H+B and Morrys) BareNaked noodles which have 'as seen on Dragons Den' plastered on them.
You can also get glucomannan powder, which the technical name of the konjac fibre, I bought a huuuge tub of it for £17 roughly and you just add it to the correct amount of water and drink quickly, or it turns very very thick and awful, just does the same but I use it inbetween meals to help me stave off the hunger.
As for the massive amount of bad reviews with regards the smell when you open them, well I must have had a weird couple of packets then so far as there was a very mild smell and nothing else. Texture is fairly awful, but to be fair, the stuff works. trying the rice this evening......
BTW, the barenaked ones are £1.50 on offer in Morrys atm too.

Dried pasta and rice you can get anywhere for fraction of the price. Why buy it from IW at a ridiculous extortionate price? It doesn't even come with any sauces it needs to make them palatable. A totally useless and expensive product given the IW hype paintbrush. Only stupid people would buy this crap. :mysmilie_51:

farmers market + decent cookery book = cheap/healthy meals without all the nonsense processed food ingredients = weight loss (unless baking a cake a day :mysmilie_5: )

Kill 2 birds with one stone :mysmilie_46:

Latest posts

Back