Annoying Kuhn Rikhon guest

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

whitesnake

Registered Shopper
Gosh that Kuhn Rikhon guest is SO annoying! He definately makes me reach for the mute button!

i agree, i wanted to see the new pan set but had to turn it over, him and jackie kabler was too much for me lol

Are they any good?

I quite like him - and his pans.

I liked him too. Certainly preferable to listen to him talking than Charlie with a mouthful of food. I ordered the TSV but then thought, rather late, to look up the reviews for the pan sets. So many one stars because the pans lost their nonstick within days that I hurried to cancel my order.

Have you found that they live up to what is claimed about them in terms of durability? Your reply would be much appreciated, thank you.

i love my old cooks essential pans. the very best pans i have ever owned. cant see why qvc dont still stock them

I loved my cooks essential pans too, so was unhappy to read boffy's post that they have been discontinued. My favourite pans have just started to stick, after about five years. I have seen in a book on cleaning with vinegar that boiling vinegar in a pan for a few minutes revives the non-stick for several months. I am just about to try it, and will let you all know if it works. Pity we can't rely on buying good non-stick pans from Q any more.

I love my Cooks essentials pans as well. One of the best things I have bought as I love the drainage holes in the kids and use the pans every day

I quite like the Kuhn Rikon guest; it's like listening to Kermit! I have the KR jug/pan that was a TSV last year. It's the one with a basket that will hold 20 hotdogs (not tested this). I use it much like a kettle; on my induction hob it boils a litre of water quicker than my kettle! It gets used daily as a pan too and the non-stick seems as good as new.

I love the drainage holes in the kids

That calls for a witty reply but I can't think of one right now. Sorry, ils!

I bought a Kuhn Rikon pan from the high street last year and so far it hasn't lost its non-stick. I wonder if the QVC stuff is the same though?

Thanks for pan replies

That calls for a witty reply but I can't think of one right now. Sorry, ils!

I bought a Kuhn Rikon pan from the high street last year and so far it hasn't lost its non-stick. I wonder if the QVC stuff is the same though?

Thank you very much to those of you who have replied about their Kuhn Rikon pans not losing their non-stick. I bought a KR pressure cooker from elsewhere and am very pleased with it. KR is a well respected name. I think you have just raised an important point ..... does QVC commission cheaper, and not so well-made, articles for some of its TSVs? I think there was a thread on this some time ago with some brands e.g. Kipling, seeming to make less good versions of their regular lines for QVC. If so, that has really put me off shopping with Q.

On another tack...I boiled up vinegar in the cooks essentials pan which has been sticking, and it certainly removed all the dried-on mess which I had not got off with a washing up sponge. Whether it has proofed the pan against sticking in the longer term I have yet to find out.

I've really liked my Cooks Essentials stainless steel pan set with "metal utensil safe" non-stick for the past 5 years. Unfortunately, the "lifetime" non-stick is starting to flake off now. Shame really as there's nothing wrong with the well-manufactured pans themselves. Will be ringing customer services for a replacement or refund as the main sales pitch was the lifetime guarantee on the non-stick.

You need the whole set

I've really liked my Cooks Essentials stainless steel pan set with "metal utensil safe" non-stick for the past 5 years. Unfortunately, the "lifetime" non-stick is starting to flake off now. Shame really as there's nothing wrong with the well-manufactured pans themselves. Will be ringing customer services for a replacement or refund as the main sales pitch was the lifetime guarantee on the non-stick.

Beware, Quitevacuouschat, you will need the full set as they do not accept returns of anything less. I fell foul of this because I have two sets of different vintage. I could not remember which lids and trivets belonged with which set. Also probably I have lost some bits and pieces over the years. So I ended up not returning pans, although two stick and the rubber handle on one pan from the newest set has fallen off.

Sometimes a 'lifetime guarantee' does not live up to its promise!

I eat my own words! Thanks to Quitevacuouschat raising the subject, having dismissed it because I tried, in vain, to return my pan set last year, I rang customer services. They are not demanding return of set, but crediting my account with £15!!! Brilliant customer service, well done QVC, and many thanks to Quitecvacuouschat.

oh dear i went and ordered it as I needed a new frying pan I couldn`t find any ratings on any of their pans on the Q web site :( ....and too late to cancel ..can I refuse delivery to save the P&P sending it back?

oh dear i went and ordered it as I needed a new frying pan I couldn`t find any ratings on any of their pans on the Q web site :( ....and too late to cancel ..can I refuse delivery to save the P&P sending it back?
For everyone who hated it there will be thousands that love it , if it doesnt live up to what they said on air end, send it back and ask for your P&P to be returned too :)

Latest posts

Back