QVC

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

pa1916

Registered Shopper
This channel AS WELL As being a:talking: WOMANS CHANNEL, men are of no concern.
The HIGH TECH hours all they seem to sell are the top end products these
presenters must be on 100k plus, and as for Lee he must be on 300K plus
How many MACS and top end smart phones has he got along with
his £1700 desktop.

Funnily I wouldn't agree.

It seems to me that Q either do Apple at inflated prices or the bottom end eg Acer, Lenovo,Archos.

The days when they did Toshiba, Dell , Sony etc which I would consider to be good solid products , seem to be a thing of the past unless it is a camera.

You can't really blame them for selling Apple as it seems to be all people want now, the iconic badge. Apple themselves never discount, but Q are guilty of selling older models at the highest possible prices.

If you were to believe the presenters they own everything sold by Q so I wouldn't expect Lee to be any different, and to be fair if it was your job, or at the very least your hobby, you would have a bit of a collection and keen to have the next new release.

Ask any woman and she will be as bad, be it shoes, bags or makeup.

If kids of 7 own iPhones it would be unrealistic to expect someone like Lee not to have them.

Both Mr L and myself work full time and are comfortably off but I just refuse to pay that sort of money for my own phone so am horrified when I see young kids with them. I wonder what it is saying to them if they can have 400 squid items when they are not in a position to contribute to it. And from what I hear they seem to lose them at the drop of a hat or need them updated continuously.

I'm sure there will be dozens who will say they NEED them and they don't cost that much on plans, blah blah, but I distute that any 3 or 7 year old needs a mobile anyway.

The only reason I have an iPad is it was a present as I would never ever have paid the money.

Out of interest Ian, why is that?

We always imagine you having umpteen bits of tech as you spend so much time searching items for us.

Out of interest Ian, why is that?

We always imagine you having umpteen bits of tech as you spend so much time searching items for us.

dunno really just guess i never found a use for either of the items, as im the only one in the house that knows how to use a desktop i have it all to myself & its where i do everything i do on here

but its a very good question

Hooray! Someone else who isn't into the mobile phone thing.I have one for an emergency when I go out ,but most of the time it is not charged up ,it is a very old Nokia .Hubby and son on the other hand are glued to their mobiles and son is texting all day.

I do have a tablet but it was a present to try and drag me into the modern world.

i only just bought a smart phone and i am sooooooo glad i finally have one. my fav gadget

I have just bought two smart phones (not expensive ones) Christmas our first ...never had a mobile before Our son bought his dad a PAYGO one a very simple cheap one which is left at home uncharged with no money on most of the time My husband is a diabetic and as he gets older it gets more complicated to deal with All I will have to teach him is how to answer it as I`ve got two PAYGO GiffGaff sims with two inexpensive monthly plans where calls to each olther are free (he doesn`t know how to switch a computer on and has no interest to either) ..and it will have a tracking app on it just in case he goes hypo as its happened twice of late but luckily he had glucose tablets with him ...just afraid one time he won`t and we won`t know where he is :( Well that`s the plan but I`m not holding my breath for him to remember to keep it switched on :(

I have a PAYGO which looks like a Blackberry cost £10 and all I do is text or use it as a phone. Never set the web up on it, can't be bothered. I have a notebook at home and can use the computer at work for the web at lunch break if I want.

In fact the first mobile I ever had was given as a gift, otherwise I doubt I would ever have had one to start with.

I!ve had a few smart phones they are useful. Recently I forgot to take my passport as ID and I was refused entry. OH was not happy as we had paid for the event. So I phoned my neighbour who went to my house, got my passport, took a photo of it, uploaded it and emailed it to me. I opened the photo image and they luckily accepted it as proof of ID. I stood in front of the checkin to prevent them closing it!! Neighbour who is 72 did pretty well uploading photo etc although the first image sent was of their garden!

Hooray! Someone else who isn't into the mobile phone thing.I have one for an emergency when I go out ,but most of the time it is not charged up ,it is a very old Nokia .Hubby and son on the other hand are glued to their mobiles and son is texting all day.

I do have a tablet but it was a present to try and drag me into the modern world.

Oh dear i'm to old to be dragged any ware.:giggle:

For myself i hate mobile phones i have a cheap and cheerful payg phone and would not dream of spending £300 + on a phone smart or otherwise, at the other end of the scale i have just bought a new imac desktop which i love so i am not certain what that says about me.

Me too! My PAYG is only switched on when I am out and about to meet someone, in case transport fails. I always take a book with me for entertainment! I use the iPad most of the time at home, like now, but mainly for speed on the Internet and email. I cannot manage screenshots etc. and am not into photos. I have no wish to pay a mobile phone contract, in the same way as I do not want to pay for Sky TV.

I am often amazed on London buses how people transact business very loudly on their mobiles. When they are giving out credit card details for instance (or anything personal/confidential) I feel like turning round and saying "sorry, I missed that last digit, could you repeat it please?"

I have an old Nokia phone on the cheapest of tariffs, around £8 a month. They write to me every year telling me I`m entitled to an upgrade but I still carry on with my old reliable Nokia brick ( it feels as heavy as one ! ) and I`m not at all interested in hi tech versions.
It amazes me just how expensive some mobiles are and just how much money per month some people will pay for them, especially for their kids. Two of my OH`s grandkids arrived here at Christmas with new Iphones, the latest ones by all account. Both were on contract, both costing the joint total of just under £90 per month and on a 2 year contract, that`s over £2k fgs. I daresay a new model will be out soon and they`ll both want upgrading to that !
Add to that, all the other stuff they got for Christmas, tablets, clothes, boots, toileties etc etc then some parents must have more money than sense. Is it me being " old fashioned " or has childhood materialism reached new heights ?

I think it is simply that if kids dont get what they want they make their parents life a misery

I think it is simply that if kids dont get what they want they make their parents life a misery

Then more fool the parents for letting them. What is wrong with the word "no" all of a sudden? I'm glad I haven't got kids as I am sure they'd be picked on for not having a mobile, designer clothes and birthday parties that cost as much as a wedding! On the other hand, they would be educated, appreciative and humble (one would hope anyway!!)

i was like that with my daughters. they all wanted mobile phones. i said thats great but only when you can afford to buy one. i have only just got a contract phone not even a year. but they are like a computer/laptop/tablet. you can even go abroad and keep in contact with anyone for free with whats app. send pictures talk etc without adding a penny to my contract. invaluable. sad i took so long to get one

Latest posts

Back