sucked in twice

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
I'm getting old. Being a seasoned Q shopper I thought it would never happen to me.

1) ordered the 'flannelette' duvet set from Cozywotsits before Christmas, but have only just opened it - so its past the 30dmbg. There I was, thinking it was like the stuff I snuggled up in when I was a kid in the 50's - soooooooo wrong. As soon as I opened it I could feel the electricity from the 'nylon' uuuuugh. The fabric is polyester, not cotton, so it was like sleeping on an inside out 'Onesie'. Ok its warm to first get into bed with, but then you get really sweaty, so off the covers come. Not nice. One wash and the dog gets it for bedding.

2) curious to discover the Yong Kim fad, I ordered a couple of the tsv tunics - not cheap at 80 odd quid each. Dear Lord, gone straight back. See-through thin polyester, and an outrageous amount to pay for flimsy tops - the like of which I have chucked in the charity bag. Never again.

I think we are just very nice people who live in hope!

It's like when I was a kid, we lived in a council house but every single year I hoped I would wake up on Christmas Day to a horse!!!

Now, my mum didn't get on with animals so we didn't even have a dog, where they would buy one I havent a clue, how we would keep it or the fact that I am frightened of anything bigger than a cat, didn't stop the anticipation every year.

Everyone on this forum seems to like flannelette but Mr L hates the thought, and I must admit I quite like the coolness of crips clean cotton!

It does prove however that IF you buy off Q, make sure you make a decision before the 30 days are up, something I was very bad at when I used to buy a lot of stuff.

A friend loves flannel bedclothes, I just stick with the Egyptian cotton.

By the sound of it I would start a fire with cosy thing, I am full of static electric. I have been known to reach for something on a supermarket shelf and spark is clear to other shoppers.

I know the feeling Brissles, I've been swept along by the sales patter or enthusiasm on here for several of QVC's big brands, ordered and returned more than once thinking I'd missed something first time around. And LATI, I think we're all optimistic souls hoping they're telling us the truth not pushing us to buy by saying anything. But QVC have to take the rough with the smooth; it's this desire for the sales pitch to be genuine which is why we feel more aggrieved when the item under-performs.

It's funny to me when they talk about "sheet shock" as though it's the work of the devil! I've always been a pillow-turner, looking for a cool patch. Now I'm menopausal I can't get back to sleep without one of 3 cool pads (IW sale a few years ago - personal best buy) which I use in rotation to cool down my legs and my head. I like the idea of the Cozee Home stuff being quick and easy to wash and dry but cotton sheets are the only option for me, and the NNights sets I bought years ago are still the nicest after many many washes, the more recent sets haven't improved with age.

I would boil up if I had flannelette or Cozy Home bedding. I only have a 4.5 tog duvet in winter and it's fine, together with my easy care (and cheap) sheets and pillow cases. Wash them and either tumble them and they're fine to go back on the bed without ever seeing an iron. I could never justify spending the amount that KH bedding costs and even the Northern Nights bedding is way above what I'd spend even though I can afford to.

The worst part of the menopause (and never seems to end) was the hot flushes during the day and those terrible night sweats.

The only thing which helped was a remote controlled fan which I also had on a timer. A quick blast was often enough to let me go back to sleep and Mr L said was the lessor of the 2 evils of me tossing and turning at a zillion degrees!

Not quite at the menopause but I am another who thinks they will melt with cozee home or similar. I like Northern nights flannel though but my favourite it a very high thread count cotton. Love the cold side of the pillow.

Thanks for your post op, I had my eye on the cozee set that's animal print. Didn't think if static, now you have, I won't be ordering, I dread to think what my hair would be like in the morning

I just love cozee home. I am always very cold. This winter I am only using the cozee homes fitted sheet and a 15 tog feather duvet in a cotton cover. I think I will use the cozee homes duvet cover as a covering in the spring/early summer.

I LOVE my Cozee Home bedding - the best thing I've bought from QVC. I'm always cold at night and this is so, so snuggly and warm compared to other types of sheet. Are you all talking about microfleece or flannelette because I've got the microfleece and couldn't see Cozee Home flannellette anywhere on the Q website? In any case, for a cold person like me, it's fabulous.

Yep its item 801462, and I hadn't realised it was 'fleece' as opposed to flannelette - nevertheless its static polyester, and the dog is still going to get it !!!! I'm sticking with cool and fresh cotton from now on.

I'm getting old. Being a seasoned Q shopper I thought it would never happen to me.

1) ordered the 'flannelette' duvet set from Cozywotsits before Christmas, but have only just opened it - so its past the 30dmbg. There I was, thinking it was like the stuff I snuggled up in when I was a kid in the 50's - soooooooo wrong. As soon as I opened it I could feel the electricity from the 'nylon' uuuuugh. The fabric is polyester, not cotton, so it was like sleeping on an inside out 'Onesie'. Ok its warm to first get into bed with, but then you get really sweaty, so off the covers come. Not nice. One wash and the dog gets it for bedding.

2) curious to discover the Yong Kim fad, I ordered a couple of the tsv tunics - not cheap at 80 odd quid each. Dear Lord, gone straight back. See-through thin polyester, and an outrageous amount to pay for flimsy tops - the like of which I have chucked in the charity bag. Never again.

Hi, Brissles, you can still return it as a 'gift' until Jan 25th.

I think I said on another thread it reminded me too much of `Brentford Nylons`from the early 70`s when we got married ...got a sheet set as a wedding present ...after one use with the `fitted` sheet flirting off the corners all the time and being able to see the mattress through it ..they were used as dust sheets when we were painting ...if you had any rough skin on your heels it would catch Awful things no wonder they didn`t last much into the 90`s as a company!! I think they actually paid to have it taken off their hands !!

I do like the feel of the NN cotton sets but, due to the lack of effort needed to change the duvet, I prefer cozee. I have a king size duvet, and putting the cover on, can be quite awkward and cumbersome. The cozee seems to just slip on. I dread having to remove/replace a NN set.

I`m another fan of cotton because even though I began the menopause over 10 years ago, I`m still plagued with the hot flushes etc. I think they`ll be with me forever. A short while ago I bought a brushed cotton set from asda and I can tolerate it, especially in the recent very cold weather. Cozy home would be no good to me, nor would the really thick heavy flannelette, I`d melt.
I also recall the dreadful brushed nylon of the 70`s and it was awful stuff, as was the shiny satiny bedding from the 80`s. You`d wake in the night only to discover the duvet had slid halfway across the room.
My Mum ( bless her ) would only ever have the candy striped flannelette bedding with a top and bottom sheet, blanket and an eiderdown in Winter. She reckoned duvets were unhealthy lol. To the day she died, she`d use nothing else.

I`m another fan of cotton because even though I began the menopause over 10 years ago, I`m still plagued with the hot flushes etc. I think they`ll be with me forever. A short while ago I bought a brushed cotton set from asda and I can tolerate it, especially in the recent very cold weather. Cozy home would be no good to me, nor would the really thick heavy flannelette, I`d melt.
I also recall the dreadful brushed nylon of the 70`s and it was awful stuff, as was the shiny satiny bedding from the 80`s. You`d wake in the night only to discover the duvet had slid halfway across the room.
My Mum ( bless her ) would only ever have the candy striped flannelette bedding with a top and bottom sheet, blanket and an eiderdown in Winter. She reckoned duvets were unhealthy lol. To the day she died, she`d use nothing else.

Vienna, I recall the stripey flannel sheets. I think NN refer to the design as the "deck chair" pattern.

I loooooooove my cozee home bedding - it doesn;t affect hair static at all. It's just lovely and warm.

I think I said on another thread it reminded me too much of `Brentford Nylons`from the early 70`s when we got married ...got a sheet set as a wedding present ...after one use with the `fitted` sheet flirting off the corners all the time and being able to see the mattress through it ..they were used as dust sheets when we were painting ...if you had any rough skin on your heels it would catch Awful things no wonder they didn`t last much into the 90`s as a company!! I think they actually paid to have it taken off their hands !!

Brilliant, so glad I'm not the only one who remembers them, they were all the rage when their sheets first came out and ours ended up as dust sheets too!

My first post on here so here goes! For all you younger ladies out there don't panic too much as not all of us oldies suffer with hot flushes (some of us are lucky) and I love my flannelette.

Hi and welcome Spendthrift, I tend to agree I reckon puberty was harder to navigate through than menopause (in my experience, I know it varies). I think I've always been hot stuff so I'd always buy smooth cotton for the coolness. I had the candy stripe flannel sheets as a child and layers on top so heavy I'd wake up exactly where I fell asleep. It was different once we had central heating but when there were just 2 coal fires downstairs the bedrooms were freezing.

Have fun Spendthrift (good name btw) and keep posting! :mysmilie_3:

Latest posts

Back