Bronzo Italia TSV 30/1/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'm pretty sure I will buy one in each colour. I'd prefer a fope but.....

I have the stretch fope-alike bracelet they sell already and for the money it's not bad but would look better layered with a silver toned one.

The only think I've found is that the bracelet has tarnished/stained. I have tried polishing but will try washing with Fairy and a tooth brush. If it doesn't clean up I probably won't buy BI again despite loving the designs.

I have a feeling the colour may be off my DG jeans which although I look the dye gets everywhere. I haven't had a problem with my BI earings tarnishing but I can only wear them for short periods as I really need gold. Do any ranges use gold for the ear post for those with sensitive ears?

i dont like this range. love the styles but the plating is very thin goes green/black in places.

I've got a few pieces and keep them in their pouches and not had problems with discolouration. Whereas A rose gold plated diamonique ring bought more recently has tarnished already in its box.

i have always kept the bronzo in thier pouches but alas they went green and black. loved the hoop earrings but will save up and get some real gold ones.

I recently purchased a rose gold rong (real thing not plated/bonded etc) and when I took it out of its box the other day it was quite badly tarnished. I haven't had any problems with BI and I have a number if pieces.

you can get gold cleaned but gold never tarnishes on me. have my gold for decades. dont ever clean it.

I recently purchased a rose gold rong (real thing not plated/bonded etc) and when I took it out of its box the other day it was quite badly tarnished. I haven't had any problems with BI and I have a number if pieces.

I'm the same. I've got a few rose gold pieces. Some tarnish and some don't. My local jeweller has explained it as being down to the silver content in the gold. Rose gold doesn't exist in its own right so its a mix of metals. If it has a high silver content then it could tarnish. Wearing it more often is a good "cure" but a silver cloth does the job quickly and easily. My antique rose gold tarnishes less than more recent pieces. But I love it anyway.

I have two BI bracelets and one pendant. None have tarnished. I am liking the TSV.

If anyone likes the overall look but can't stretch to QVC prices I saw these on the Avon website this morning http://avonshop.co.uk/shop/larger_image_popup.asp?profile_number=5071700&name=Jasalin Bangle £4 each and the stone is semi-prescious.

Much as I'm tempted by new jewellery styles I'm less inclines to buy from QVC these days. I used to like the fact that I could buy interesting designs in Gold or Sterling Silver and there's always the chance to sell them on if I want to buy something else (or sell for scrap). Once I start looking at gold or silver plating I'm trying to be stricter about what I'd buy. If it's a transient fashion trend I'd rather buy the "gold plated" fashion jewellery sold in chain stores, then I don't feel guilty when I stop wearing it. I'd still buy fine jewellery if it's a more classic style that won't date in a couple of seasons. Mind you it's been a couple of years since I bought anything from QVC's gold jewellery.

I'd like to buy bronze jewellery that isn't plated, I have a couple of pendants bought from Q about 15 years ago and the colour and patina is beautiful.

I agree on not buying plated jewellery Akimbo. I have some pieces that are plated but I'm steering clear from here on in. I don't mind if pieces tarnish but I bought a rose gold eek piece and the plating wore off very quickly.

Have to say though that BI counts as costume jewellery to my mind. I buy/wear very little costume jewellery. Again its because it just doesn't last and I always seem to love the one piece that goes manky and then I end up having to try and replace it in silver or gold.

I think you're right Tink, "plated" falls within the spectrum of costume or fashion jewellery. The problem comes if your plated item doesn't agree with your body chemistry and tarnishes or otherwise changes colour. I have a beautiful hexagonal amethyst bezel set ring in silver plated base metal (possibly brass) once the silver started to tarnish any attempt to clean it took off more of the silver. Finally the ring lost all its silver so I used the QVC silver and gold plating kit (circa 1996) firstly adding a coat of silver and then gold plating it with the help of my microwave. To this day it still looks like 9ct gold. When I was executor for my mum's will I had all her jewellery valued so I could split the value with my siblings and was surprised to find her gold bangle, worn every day for about 20 years was rolled gold but, as it had no real value it meant I could keep it and I wear it often. It doesn't matter what it's made of, if you value it then that's what matters I reckon.

some plating is better than others. i have some dinny hall rose vermaile and this lasts and lasts. but its very expensive range. i wear it like gold even shower in it. the bronzo italia has lovely designs and the presenter goes on about the heavy plating but just a few months down the line was horrible. this i never ever let touch water. never slept in it even. always bagged it at night in its pouch. got lots of comments on this range but sadly does not last on me.

a friend of mine has a rolled gold bangle that she has had for 30 years. i was shocked when she told me it was rolled gold. beautiful. in gold it would cost thousands. if its done really well these options should last

It's funny how perceptions have changed; Mum's old rolled gold bangle seems to have more gold than the Veronese "rich cladding" I'm not confident the bits and bobs I've bought from QVC will look as good after 20-30 years' wear.

Ah now I think that's because rolled gold or gold filled (an old term as its gold plate not actually filled with gold at all) are the best kinds of plating you can get. Gold filled being the longer lasting of the two.

I agree with you Akimbo the "value" of a piece of jewellery isn't just about how much its worth. How much you love it is the true value.

I inherited a LOT of jewellery a couple of years back from a family member. There were three or four diamond rings, two Ruby rings, a sapphire ring, a diamond pin ... but in my heart I really wanted two pieces. A garnet ring and a bracelet with a single charm because those were the two I remember her wearing when I was a child. The garnet ring was broken and I've had it repaired. The two pieces aren't anywhere near the monetary value of others but they mean a lot to me.

my daughter buys cheap hoops from primark and they last aslong if not longer than the bronzo italia costume stuff. which it is no matter how over sold it is as being something more special. i would buy the styles in real rose gold though.

Rose gold is my absolute favourite Boffy. I've been lucky with the 3 pieces I have from BI. They haven't tarnished.

If you're buying second hand then its worth considering items that are classed as "old English" gold as they are often more towards rose gold coloured.

its hard to find rose gold second hand. always looks softer and more vintage than yellow gold...bi does nice styles but it annoys me when it looks horrible after a few months wear

I once bought a yellow gold pendant from a very reputable jeweller and it when all funny. When I took it back they insisted it was something in my body which had caused it and suggested it was medication (I wasn't on anything)

Latest posts

Back