first Tiff, and now Goody ?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
Ok, we all know that having 'work' done is more the norm than not these days for those on the tele, so it looks like Goody has gone down that route too. Tiff looked like a hamster last year, and now Goody has cheeks that make her eyes look even smaller.

I realise their faces are their jobs, and who wouldn't like to look 'fresher', but it still looks weird for a woman quite obviously in her 50's (late) to have the face of a window mannequin.

Also not good if you are trying to sell any one of the dozens of anti aging products that they sell on Q from the basic to the £100 a time ans which so obviously don't work if you still need "work" doing.
What is wrong with looking 50 if you are 50?
Yes make the best of your self if it makes you feel good, but there are only so many "procedures" you can have before you start to look ridiculous.

Slightly off topic. I`ve been watching the TV prog called Botched up Bodies and to be honest it would scare the daylights out of me to put myself in the hands of a plastic surgeon or someone injecting fillers etc. As someone said above, if they`re trying to sell anti ageing then the perfect face to see it on, would be one which is genuinely ageing and not nipped, tucked or filled.
The latest craze seems to be the quickie face lift which you have done in an hour, under local anaesthetic and which involves threads being passed under the skin and being tightened. No thanks.

I'd be terrified if I had to have essential surgery, so there's absolutely no way I'd choose to go under the surgeon's knife for cosmetic work or have stuff injected into my face. Eeugh!

Also Amanda has a disfigured face. I'd much rather see a natural face, especially for the beauty shows.

amanda is looking very rough these days and her skin isquite blotchy..i think the older face lifts looked better than the fillers people use as a quick fix

I have Botox as a medical procedure done by the consultant at the pain clinic in the back of my neck to stop muscle spasms in my neck, lower back and shoulders.
They really really hurt when he does them and he uses a BIG needle which goes in REALLY deep so why anyone would chose to have botox is beyond me.

My experiences over 59 years are shown in my face and I'm proud of it ! I use creams etc so it's in good nick but there's no denying my age. I still get the odd glance when I'm out (no wolf whistles sadly !!??) so I'm doing something right.

Personally I now feel more confident about my appearance and like to try different styles of fashion, jewellery, accessories and hair instead of focusing on my face. It's easier nowadays than ever to dress well and stay well- groomed for ever, you don't have to become the ugly sister with the clock strikes 60 !

Couldn't agree more ! I always think that the hairstyle is the biggest factor in looking younger (or older). Luckily I still have a face (at 66) that suits shoulder length hair, but if I went down the short feathered or permed route it would age me by 20 years ! Goody has beautiful healthy hair, BUT it doesn't make her look younger.

Couldn't agree more ! I always think that the hairstyle is the biggest factor in looking younger (or older). Luckily I still have a face (at 66) that suits shoulder length hair, but if I went down the short feathered or permed route it would age me by 20 years ! Goody has beautiful healthy hair, BUT it doesn't make her look younger.

Totally agree.Funnily enough was at the hairdresser this afternoon having that very conversation with the stylist shall I cut it short or not.Ended up with the same shoulder lenth bob as a shorter cut ages me too.I look after myself and havent let myself go but have given up trying to find a miracle cream.Its quite liberating to come to terms with ageing looks , a bit of a relief in a strange way.Mind you models probably have to keep looking fresh to get work.

I have grey hair & if I had £5 for every compliment I had about my hair colour I would be sitting in the Caribbean for the Winter.Why OH! why do so many women hang on to their dark brown or give into blonde? It is the face & skin ( & if you have'nt taken care of the skin only so much can be achieved in the 60's.) Lets just look as we can, and acknowledge the age we are with pride!

Couldn't agree more, silver fox. My complexion matches my hair and nothing I add to the hair colour will match it up any better or actually make me look younger. It's good to have arrived at a place where looks aren't as important as they once were, but even though I've luckily inherited good skin genes there are still a few wrinkles which tell the world that I've lived a life and am happy to show it. I've said it before and I'll say it again, older women do themselves no favours by having long, lank dyed hair and puffed-out cheeks. What's wrong with looking your age, be it ten, twenty, forty or eighty? Think on.

Tiffany looks like a Galapagos turtle whose face has been moisturised. Lulu looks like a tambourine!

I used to have my hair semi-permanently coloured but one time I went for a refresh my hairdresser refused to apply the colourant because I had an area of eczema on my scalp. I had to go cold turkey and let it all grow out. I have been complimented on my grey hair and even asked if it is natural! It is in keeping with my complexion and the rest of me. It is a shame that these QVC models are resorting to procedures. Although Tiff looks good for her age, she also looks a little unnatural too. QVC could take a leaf out of ITV's This Morning programme, which has used real viewers as models which is much more acceptable than these 5ft 10 - 6ft size 8-10 models. Look around the next time you're out and about and see how many women are 6ft tall and a size 8 ..... The channel might sell more clothes if they were on REAL women, not perfectly proportioned models or am I being naive?

I wonder how good the clothes that don't use "normal" size 16+ models would look on real women with hips not women with huge boobs and snake hips? As well as on shorter models - shorter women are badly catered for. But maybe there's method in their madness...

Q could really do with an on-air stylist, not guests who are just there to flog the clothes.

Its generally assumed that we all want to wear long shapeless tunic tops, waterfall cardigans and jackets to cover and hide the 3 B's. Bums, bellies and bingo wings. And to a degree we do. HOWEVER, most of the time these garments can make us look bigger, and without some intelligent guidance to help dress us in relation to a) our height b) heavy legs c) top heavy d) broad beam then most of what we buy will end up in the charity bag.

It took me years to realise that wearing a T shirt that cut across my tummy rather than covering all of my hips and bum, made me look pounds lighter. My friend who is 5'2 and me at 5'7 both wear the same size clothes, but she too has suddenly discovered that a waist length jacket looks far better on her than a blazer length one.

We dont' want a "one size fits all" (metaphorically speaking), but some real information in relation to our body shape.

Latest posts

Back