i want a vitamix

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

boffy

Registered Shopper
hi all you vitamix owners i think i need one now. i was in jl and saw and tasted the vitamix offerings. i would like to know all your oipinions :mysmilie_46:

I bought one about four years ago after seeing a demo at an exhibition. While I don't do loads of exotic meals I do use it at least two or three times a week. I keep it on the worktop as if it was at the back of a cupboard it would never come out. I use it regularly for chopping onions, making pineapple ice cream with frozen pineapple chunks and pineapple juice, making cheese sauce or white sauce,I buy fresh Parmesan and freeze it in chunks and chop the frozen cubes just before I need them. Also my husband grew tomatoes in the summer and I made huge batches of tomato sauce to freeze and use in recipes.. Although I don't feel I use it much the list goes on and on, I would hate to be without it. Why don't you buy and try next time it's on easy pay, you can always send it back x

I have one too. Bought it about 18 months ago. I use it more in the summer for smoothies and ice cream. Currently it is just used to purée soup or chop onions. It is a lot of money and mine has already (despite its light usage) had to be repaired. The drive shaft had to be changed.
I think the blendtecs that Ideal world sell may be ok, though I do not like the plastic coated buttons which may tear. Other John Lewis have various blenders that seem good.

I bought one and sent it back. It is very big, too big for my small kitchen, and extremely noisy

I know there are a lot of Vitamix owners on here who swear by them, but we bought an equivalent one from Ideal World for nearly half the price at the time and have used it daily for the past year, with great results. OH then went and invested in the top of the range Ninja which is great for small quantities only, but overall I prefer our Omniblend. They're all noisy, but the advantage of the Omniblend is that it's low enough to fit under the worktop, whereas the Vitamix wouldn't, though of course you can use more shelf space by stacking the bits somewhere else. Unless you have loads of room in your kitchen, check the sizing first.

i think i will try it under the 30 days mbg to see if it suits me and my family. qvc have a good price and easy pays. thanks for your candid thoughts

It was much cheaper when it was the TSV a couple of months ago, possibly due to come up again soon.

The TSV had the small dry blender jug as well as the large wet one.

It seems "daft" (can't think of a better word) that it starts heating up the ingredients the longer it runs. If you want a cold smoothie, you can't let it run for long, otherwise you get a warm smoothie, and it may not be very smooth because you can't run it for long enough.

I received one as a Christmas present from my daughter. I have always wanted a Vitamix but I didn't think I would ever have one. I absolutely love it. Yes, it is noisy but most jobs take so little time that it doesn't really matter. I love the way I can use whole fruits and veg without having to peel and cut up. I have MS and I find preparation quite challenging so this machine has made a great deal of difference to me. Washing up is really easy, just as shown in the demonstrations. In short, it is a wonderful addition to my kitchen!

I sent mine back. Far too noisy, I had to wear ear muffs. Also I found the lid very difficult to get off.

When I had my vitamix repaired, they returned it with a new jug and lid. The handle has a silicon like sheath over it and the lid is much easier to get off. I think the lid is made in a slightly more flexible rubber.

worth a try with the 30 day mbg but the way i am going i can feel "the letter" winging its way to me

Latest posts

Back