That old chestnut again!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Silver Fox

Registered Shopper
Sorry to bring up that old chestnut of P&P charges again-- but I am! Oh yes here is Dale ( as all the other presenters plugging the 30 day MBG) but daft SF here ordered
( got carried away more like it) a DMQ ring the other night.Postage £3:95 to get it here, within the same day decided it wasn't for me, so cost of return £3:20, & that was for a small lightweight envelope which easily fitted through my letterbox. SOOOO & I have said before no just ordering to 'have a look', that one cost £7:15.I am sure they within time will have to re consider the postage & returns policy & this from someone who forecast the demise of our largest supermarket chain!

SF there was a thread not long ago that now when people return an item unused within 14 days Q refund the original p&p you don't even need to ask. I cannot remember though if you ger your return postage.

SF there was a thread not long ago that now when people return an item unused within 14 days Q refund the original p&p you don't even need to ask. I cannot remember though if you ger your return postage.
Thanks for this but does that not just apply to something which hasn't be opened i.e packaging intact? With a ring for all they know I could have worn it or am I just being daft,daft, daft again!

I look at things in clearance and think they are probably worth a chance and then look at the postage and decide that added both ways it becomes no bargin.

SF I think if you sent it back in under 14 days which you did you will get your pp but don't take my word for it. As for the unpacking you need to get your receipt which is inside so you need to open it to get it out. Having said this they started to stick a receipt on the outside of the larger boxes. But I don't think it should matter that you opened it, it's not a perfume.

SF you should get your outward postage refunded. The return postage cost is borne by you as long as you return it (unused) so a ring qualifies as that within 14 days. The 14 day period may have been extended recently but cannot remember

thanks! I have read some of the posts (sorry again to bring the subject up!!) I am going to ring CS & presume this will be the case.

Under DSE, the seller is legally obliged to refund postage paid, to receive the item, and be able to inspect/feel/wear it, things which are physically impossible to do, when shopping via the internet/tv. As long as you inform of the intention to return, within 14 days.

qvc are the only big retailer that penalises people for buying from them. most companies give to a free return lable and free postage initially. clothes is the worse offender. you would pay a fortune to buy a few items to try for size. qvc are outdated and unfair in this practice

qvc are the only big retailer that penalises people for buying from them. most companies give to a free return lable and free postage initially. clothes is the worse offender. you would pay a fortune to buy a few items to try for size. qvc are outdated and unfair in this practice

And how many times do the presenters urge us to buy a couple of sizes to try? My other bugbear is that you only get half price p & p for exactly the same item. I know a lot of people knock Ideal World but they do have capped p & p.

for the amount of stuff qvc sell each year if they overcharge by a £1 for the millions of items they shift thats a lot of profit

if they are funny with you for opening the package, just say you had to open it, how else would you be able to stick the return label to the front as its inside? they can't question that logic!

Even though you have a legal right to a refund under the new Consumer Contracts regulations, I think QVC would be quick to close your account if you had more than a handful of refunds effected under these regulations - they, like Amazon et al, have some very sophisticated computer systems that can quickly identify non-profitable customers.

Even though you have a legal right to a refund under the new Consumer Contracts regulations, I think QVC would be quick to close your account if you had more than a handful of refunds effected under these regulations - they, like Amazon et al, have some very sophisticated computer systems that can quickly identify non-profitable customers.
Isn't it a pity they don't take some of that sophisticated system and improve the website so that we can see what we are ordering and even be allowed to go through the ordering without the site crashing?

Still I suppose it's one way of cutting back on returns, although not actually selling seems a drastic alternative.

But then it is Q we are talking about.

Sorry to bring up that old chestnut of P&P charges again-- but I am! Oh yes here is Dale ( as all the other presenters plugging the 30 day MBG) but daft SF here ordered
( got carried away more like it) a DMQ ring the other night.Postage £3:95 to get it here, within the same day decided it wasn't for me, so cost of return £3:20, & that was for a small lightweight envelope which easily fitted through my letterbox. SOOOO & I have said before no just ordering to 'have a look', that one cost £7:15.I am sure they within time will have to re consider the postage & returns policy & this from someone who forecast the demise of our largest supermarket chain!
P and P charges are exempt now if you return the item within 2 weeks.

Latest posts

Back