MiGuard Response Wireless Alarm System TSV 31/01/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Response miGuard G5-DS Remote Monitored Wireless Alarm System
Item Number: 505505
QVC Price £242.00
Today's Special Value Price £199.98
P&P £7.95

The miGuard by Response G5-DS is a self-monitoring, two-way communication wireless alarm system; it can be controlled from anywhere by a Smartphone app and will send SMS text messages back and forth to your mobile phone when you're out. This 50-zone remote monitoring alarm system is designed to give you complete peace of mind and the ability to monitor your home no matter where you are in the world.

Remote monitoring - the G5 App, which is available on Android and iOS, can be used for a number of tasks. It allows you to arm/part-arm/disarm the control panel, add a voice memo, or use the two-way talk feature; letting you monitor your home, set and sound the alarm, from your mobile phone anywhere in the world.

Text messages keep you informed - the system supports up to five telephone numbers and SMS text messages will be sent for a number of alerts. Alerts include: when intrusion is detected, when the system is armed and disarmed, low battery, power failure and if the system has been tampered with. It will also send an SMS when the system has been disarmed via RFID tag and by whom.

Listen in and monitor your home - by dialling in or out, the control panel allows you to leave voice memos, hold two-way conversations and listen-in to what's going on at home when you aren't there. The miGuard alarm system is also a great device if you have elderly relatives or children as you can programme it to alert you when your loved ones arrive home.

Easy to use - the G5 has been designed for the whole family. It comes with two remote control key fobs to secure and unsecure the home at the touch of a button, and two RFID tags that allow you to tap in and out. There is a device for everyone, which makes this alarm system really simple to use.

Wireless and ready-installed - the response G5 comes pre-installed with all the software it needs, so setting this system up couldn’t be simpler. All the fixtures and fittings are included, and as they have no wires, the siren and sensors are ready to go as soon as they are in situ, while the control panel simply needs plugging into the mains.

Deter burglars - the external dummy siren incorporates an LED strobe indicator, which acts as a visual deterrent giving additional peace of mind.

Functional and stylish - not only is this alarm a fully-functional home alarm system, it is also designed for modern décor. With its glossy white touch-panel and wire-free components the G5 is discrete, and would fit comfortably into any home.

Touch keypad
Easy to set with one-touch button or remote
Disarmed by: 4 digit code, remote controls, RFID swipe tags, free call, SMS or app
Call status light and GSM signal confirmation indicator
3 x modes: armed, disarmed, home armed - with silent arming delay
Hands-free calling
Speed dial to master number
Entry/exit delays
Supports up to: 5 x telephone numbers, 10 x remote controls, 50 x wireless sensors, 50 x RFID tags

Technical specifications:

GSM working frequency: 850/900/1800/1900MHz
Lithium battery: 3.7V/800mAh*2
Battery standby time: 5 hours
Internal siren: 95dB
Radio frequency: 433MHz
Control panel voltage: 12v
Mains electrical three-pin plug for control panel
Control panel (l x w x h): 19cm x 13cm x 2.6cm (7.5" x 5.1" x 1")
Please note: Three (3) mobile network is not compatible with the G5

What's in the box?

1 x mains powered control panel (with battery backup and internal siren)
1 x control panel power adaptor
1 x outdoor dummy siren
2 x remote controls
2 x RFID (radio frequency ID) tags
3 x door/window contacts
2 x PIR motion detectors
1 x Vodafone SIM card - this is optional as most network SIM cards can be used with this alarm on a 2G network
Fixtures and fittings
Instruction booklet

Behind the brand
Response Electronics Ltd brings you innovative home security products. Focusing entirely on wireless alarms and related security products, its response alarms were the first to be approved in the UK.

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.505505

I'm not sure I understand how this alarm monitoring works. A SIM card for the control panel is needed to send alert texts to my mobile, which cost about 14 pence per text. The SIM card will presumably have to be topped up monthly on a pay as you go basis. The cheapest monthly top ups are normally about £10 per month? So, it could cost a minimum £120 per year to monitor the system? I'm lost :mysmilie_13:

I'm not sure I understand how this alarm monitoring works. A SIM card for the control panel is needed to send alert texts to my mobile, which cost about 14 pence per text. The SIM card will presumably have to be topped up monthly on a pay as you go basis. The cheapest monthly top ups are normally about £10 per month? So, it could cost a minimum £120 per year to monitor the system? I'm lost :mysmilie_13:

You will only need to top up a PAYG sim when it runs out not very month

I had looked at this but agree that if you get a text every time someone enters (and exits?) the house at 14p a time could end up costing at least £10 a month. My interest would be for when I am on holiday but not sure about getting texts abroad etc so decided to leave it.

I did look on responses own site and although it wasn't the exact model number it was the same as the TSV price so decided to have another think about it. No 30 trial period though!

A question and answer was posted on the Qvc website about this alarm system.

Regular text messages would be costly. Can the sim be removed and re-inserted?

Assuming the SIM supplied is used, that is 15p per text. If you go in and out the house three times per day you pay nearly £1 per day texts. Can the alerts be modified or the SIM only inserted when going away for long periods of time?

Response miGuard G5-DS Remote Monitored Wireless Alarm System - 505505
Answer this Question

You can switch the text features on or off depending on your specific requirements. The texts will only be sent from the RFID tags if you use them. The system doesn't send texts when you arm or disarm the alarm with the touch keypad or remote key fobs.

The texts can be customised for to suit your family

A question and answer was posted on the Qvc website about this alarm system.

Regular text messages would be costly. Can the sim be removed and re-inserted?

Assuming the SIM supplied is used, that is 15p per text. If you go in and out the house three times per day you pay nearly £1 per day texts. Can the alerts be modified or the SIM only inserted when going away for long periods of time?

Response miGuard G5-DS Remote Monitored Wireless Alarm System - 505505
Answer this Question

You can switch the text features on or off depending on your specific requirements. The texts will only be sent from the RFID tags if you use them. The system doesn't send texts when you arm or disarm the alarm with the touch keypad or remote key fobs.

The texts can be customised for to suit your family

Interesting, that's a contradiction to what was posted online on the TSV page ie

'...Text messages keep you informed - the system supports up to five telephone numbers and SMS text messages will be sent for a number of alerts. Alerts include: when intrusion is detected, when the system is armed and disarmed, low battery, power failure and if the system has been tampered with. It will also send an SMS when the system has been disarmed via RFID tag and by whom.'

Misinformation again from QVC?

Edit, just had another look on the item listing, the 'alert' information is still there. Hmm, so if an alert text is only sent when a RFID tag is used, presumably a burglar won't have one, so no text will be sent to warn of an intrusion? Great burglar alarm, then!

This information is clearer from the FAQ sheet online:

Q. 'What texts will I receive from the Control panel?'

A. The control panel can contact up to 5 mobile numbers if the alarm is activated, telling you which sensor and at what time. It also texts you if the alarm is tampered with, someone has pressed the SOS button, power failure, power recovery and whether RFID Proximity tag is used to disarm the system.

That is much clearer and would mean there should be minimal text alerts, therefore less costs. If the key fob is used to disarm the system, there will be no costs as no text sent.

Hi northern-girlie
Was it easy to install? I am quite interested in getting this sort of system, if not this actual one.
I have noticed though that whilst 2 of my doors are straight edged, one is angled (the French doors at the rear which is what I consider to be the weak point of the house). Would the contacts still work? It is a plastic door so couldn't really cut into it or anything.
TIA

I'm interested in buying this. Can I set it so that the bottom of the house is alarmed when I am in bed upstairs? Also I am in a semi and when I set the alarm I do not want to disturb the neighbors so can I set it so it only chirps during the activating of the alarm. The one on my old house rang really loudly when activating it.

Latest posts

Back